The Official SDC 2020 NFL Draft Thread

Just now, Rabbs63 said:

Sad day for us Longhorn fans.  A TT Raider drafted in 1st round and not one Longhorn!

I guess it’s gonna be a race between Duvernay and Jones?

Hearing Justin Madubuike might fall in the draft. Rumors that his combine interviews and some background stuff didn’t go so well.

2 hours ago, Stoney said:

Garrett is still here we wind up with Chaisson. Lamb is a home run. Dallas still has plenty of picks to shore up the defense. There’s some better values at CB, Edge and Safety out there.

You really think Garrett was making the picks? ... 🤣

2 hours ago, Stoney said:

Garrett is still here we wind up with Chaisson. Lamb is a home run. Dallas still has plenty of picks to shore up the defense. There’s some better values at CB, Edge and Safety out there.

4 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Rod Marinelli was the reason we drafted Trysten Hill. Jason Garrett wanted Taco Charlton over TJ Watt. Just like Mike McCarthy chose Lamb over Chaisson. 

Best Players Left on Dallas’ Visitor List
Marlon Davidson 3T Auburn

Yetur Gross-Matos Edge Penn State

Trevon Diggs CB Alabama

Zack Baun LB Wisconsin 

Xavier McKinney S Alabama

Grant Delpit S LSU

Justin Madubuike 3T Texas A&M

Kristian Fulton CB LSU

Curtis Weaver Edge Boise State

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

What is  Dallas looking at its next pick? Who available? I assume Defense will be the target unless “great “ player happens to land right. @Stoney

There’s some nice names left at corner back. All the safeties are there. The best of the edge class is there with Gross-Matos. Interior d-line help. Zack Baun could be the DPR/LB. Dallas could stand pat at 51 and get day 1 defensive help.

• Thanks 1

@Stoney, I know you listed a handful of players already, I just wanted to list them by position. 

Here is a list of defensive players still available, that Dallas had pre-draft visits with:

CB:

Kristian Fulton

Trevon Diggs

Troy Pride

Stanford Samuels

Grayland Arnold

Bryce Hall

S:

Xavier McKinney

Grant Delpit

Terrell Burgess

Brandon Jones

DE:

Yetur Gross-Matos

Terrell Lewis

Curtis Weaver

John Greenard

Trevis Gipson

Alton Robinson

Kenny Willekes

*AJ Epenesa (didn't visit with him, but I'm sure they'd still take him if there)

DT:

Marlon Davidson

Justin Madubuike

Raekwon Davis

James Lynch

Rashard Lawrence

Khalil Davis

Broderick Washington (LOBO)

LB:

Zach Baun

Logan Wilson

As you can see, there is still A LOT of defensive talent available.

• Thanks 1

Thanks @Lobo97!!
Broderick Washington at 1Tech and Wreck’em!!!

Dallas can go any defensive spot at 51 and make this a home run draft. There’s still a solid group of RBs and WRs on the board. Just keep pushing defense down the board.

A kid to keep an eye on in the 3rd, Devin Asiasi TE UCLA. Dallas has had a ton of talks with him.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Thanks @Lobo97!!
Broderick Washington at 1Tech and Wreck’em!!!

Dallas can go any defensive spot at 51 and make this a home run draft. There’s still a solid group of RBs and WRs on the board. Just keep pushing defense down the board.

A kid to keep an eye on in the 3rd, Devin Asiasi TE UCLA. Dallas has had a ton of talks with him.  

Exactly this! Defense will not be the only positions drafted. The more teams move up for QB's, WR's, OL, etc, the more likely Dallas is able to get a couple of their guys in Rd 2 & 3! If that happens, I agree, this will absolutely be a HR draft! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Exactly this! Defense will not be the only positions drafted. The more teams move up for QB's, WR's, OL, etc, the more likely Dallas is able to get a couple of their guys in Rd 2 & 3! If that happens, I agree, this will absolutely be a HR draft! 

Day 2 is the sweet spot for Dallas’ needs. Look at the Corners still there. Add Cam Danztler, Jaylon Johnson, Amik Robertson, Isaiah Scott and Reggie Robinson to that list. Safeties are stacked. There is still great value with a Gross-Matos, Greenard, Darrell Taylor, Curtis Weaver. A fun kid that Garrett never would have taken is Josh Uche from Michigan. Small tweener but coming off the edge? Ooh boy he’d be fun.

• Like 1