The Official SDC 2020 NFL Draft Thread

Just now, Stoney said:

Stoney’s Cowboys Draft Grade

1.17 CeeDee Lamb WR Oklahoma A+

2.51 Trevon Diggs CB Alabama A+

3.82 Neville Gallimore DT Oklahama B+

Dallas upgraded the wide receiver position by replacing Randall Cobb with the WR1 in the draft. Dallas improves the defense on Day 2 by taking a CB who had first round talent at 51 and a athletic defensive tackle at 82. Dallas has had a very good draft.

46 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Dallas upgraded the wide receiver position by replacing Randall Cobb with the WR1 in the draft. Dallas improves the defense on Day 2 by taking a CB who had first round talent at 51 and a athletic defensive tackle at 82. Dallas has had a very good draft.

I was actually hoping they might have took the LSU Center, Cushenberry in the 3rd round.  Who is replacing Frederick next year?  Joe Looney?

On 4/23/2020 at 9:22 PM, KirtFalcon said:

Now they just need Jalen Hurts ....

Instead, they'll be having to deal with Hurts if Wentz goes down. 

I got a feelin' somewhere down the line Hurts is gonna make a lot of people look stupid. 

I think Tua is, too. I don't think he's what everyone else thinks he is. 

42 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

You guys are way too high on Hurts.

That’s how I feel about it. I could also make a Romo and Dak comparison but it’s way too early in the morning for that. I just woke up and ain’t had no coffee yet.

21 hours ago, Valhalla said:

I would pump the brakes on that. 

Crazy that Texas has only had two first round picks the past decade. I’m sure some 4 and 5 star guys will keep buying the hope they sell though.

You may be right.  I just went through their roster and the only one I really like is Ossai.  I could see Ehlinger sneaking up to the 2nd or 3rd round if he has a good season.

11 hours ago, Stoney said:

Baltimore Ravens pair Daylon Mack with Justin Madubuike. Gig’Em 👍🏻

It's crazy he dropped that far.  DFW stations were talking him being taken somewhere between 25- Early 2nd round.

4 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

It's crazy he dropped that far.  DFW stations were talking him being taken somewhere between 25- Early 2nd round.

Rumor some of the DFW guys were talking about had his interviews being bad and some background issues. 

Looney won’t be the starter at center unless McGovern doesn’t take the job. Stephen or Jerry made a interesting comment about Connor Williams could compete for the job. Dallas still could use some o-line help. 

Prince Tega Wanogho OT Auburn

Saahdiq Charles OT LSU

Tyler Biadasz OG/C Wisconsin

Logan Stenberg OG Kentucky 

Let me say this, I love the Cowboys draft so far. I did not like Trevon Diggs at 17, but love him at 51. He will learn from the guys currently starting and probably be a starter at some point this season. Neville Gallimore was another great pick up. He will be a future DT starter. Gerald McCoy and Dontari Poe are short term guys. This fills a future need. We got 2 guys that were projected way ahead of where we picked them.

I see Dallas getting an edge guy and safety today. Here are a few that I would like them to pick

Curtis Weaver, Edge Boise State (we get a Boise guy every year)

Bradlee Anae, Edge Utah

Trevis Gipson Edge Tulsa

Josh Metellus S Michigan

J.R. Reid S Georgia

I also like these guys that are left.

Akeem Davis-Gaither LB App State

Harrison Bryant TE Florida Atlantic

Reggie Robinson CB Tulsa

Amik Roberson CB La Tech

Mason Fine North Texas QB (Ok this is a homer pick)

• Thanks 1

Cowboy’s Needs on Day 3

QB- Jacob Eason Washington, Jake Fromm Georgia, James Morgan FIU, Anthony Gordon Washington State......If Dallas wants to upgrade over Cooper Rush at QB2 while potentially turning a Day 3 pick into a Day 2 pick/s, then there’s some talented arms still available. 

WR- KJ Hill Ohio State, James Proche SMU...Not sure Dallas would double dip at WR after drafting CeeDee Lamb at 1.17 but if Dallas wanted to add a true slot reciever then there are two really good options left.

TE- Harrison Bryant FAU, Hunter Bryant Washington, Colby Parkinson Stanford...Blake Jarwin got paid as the heir replacement for Witten but one of these guys could come in to compete for the job. 

OT- Prince Tega Wanogho Auburn, Saahdiq Charles LSU....Tyron Smith hasn’t played a full season since 2015. Cam Fleming’s swing tackle spot is open. One of these guys could take the swing tackle spot with a shot to be Tyron’s replacement in two years.

OG- John Simpson Clemson, Kevin Dotson Louisiana, Logan Sternberg Kentucky....Guard depth slipped after Frederick’s retirement. McGovern/Looney looking to take over center. Some big hog maulies on the board that will provide depth, possibly even push Connor Williams for his LG job.

C- Tyler Biadasz Wisconsin....One Wisconsin lineman leaves, one Wisconsin lineman comes in. Biadasz is a versatile, tough, nasty presence on the interior. Plug in play at center and would let the two Connor’s battle for LG.

Edge- Curtis Weaver Boise State, Bradlee Anae Utah, Trevis Gipson Tulsa, Khalid Kareem Notre Dame... Great value left on the board. More rotation edge pieces than full on starters. These kids could come in, learn from Tomsula and Tank and really improve the depth. 

DT- Leki Fotu Utah, Broderick Washington Texas Tech....Dallas got their 3T in Gallimore last night. Get one of these fat boys to clog up the middle. 

LB- Akeem Davis-Gaither Appalachian State, Justin Strnad Wake Forest, Joe Bachie Michigan State...LVE has neck issues. Sean Lee is on his last leg. Jaylon Smith is a straight line beast but not so much in coverage. AD-G is a 2nd round talent on my board. Dallas taking a LB to improve the depth shouldn’t be a shock.

CB- Reggie Robinson Tulsa, Troy Pride Notre Dame, Amik Robertson LA Tech, Bryce Hall Virginia...Dallas could double dip at corner and really shore up a weak position. You like length? Take Robinson or Hall. Playmaker? Robertson. Do everything? Pride.

S- Kenny Robinson XFL, K’Von Wallace Clemson,  Geno Stone Iowa....Dallas needs a upgrade at safety and they could still walk away with one. Robinson played in the XFL after leaving West Virginia. Could push Clinton-Dix for his job. Wallace can play safety and slot corner. Stone is just a solid, non flashy Iowa guy. 

P- Braden Mann Texas A&M....Dallas could use a upgrade on special teams. Can’t get no better than a former Ray Guy award winner.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

Let me say this, I love the Cowboys draft so far. I did not like Trevon Diggs at 17, but love him at 51. He will learn from the guys currently starting and probably be a starter at some point this season. Neville Gallimore was another great pick up. He will be a future DT starter. Gerald McCoy and Dontari Poe are short term guys. This fills a future need. We got 2 guys that were projected way ahead of where we picked them.

I see Dallas getting an edge guy and safety today. Here are a few that I would like them to pick

Curtis Weaver, Edge Boise State (we get a Boise guy every year)

Bradlee Anae, Edge Utah

Trevis Gipson Edge Tulsa

Josh Metellus S Michigan

J.R. Reid S Georgia

I also like these guys that are left.

Akeem Davis-Gaither LB App State

Harrison Bryant TE Florida Atlantic

Reggie Robinson CB Tulsa

Amik Roberson CB La Tech

Mason Fine North Texas QB (Ok this is a homer pick)

Heck yeah!!! Get AD-G and one of the corners and let’s rock and roll!!!

• Like 1