Greatest EAST Texas Rivalry?

ericflair

Ore City vs New Diana 

Back in the day, it used to be a bitter & ruthless rivalry. Nowadays, still a good rivalry but nowhere near what it used to be, imo. 

And I've gotten to witness it from both sides of the fence. 

On 4/22/2020 at 3:39 PM, ericflair said:

I know this happens every few years so why not start it now? What is the best high schools rivalry in East Texas? 
Here are a few that come to mind

Timpson vs Garrison

Shelbyville vs Joaquin

Waskom vs Ef

Carthage vs Gilmer 

Kilgore vs Henderson 

Gilmer vs Gladewater 

PG vs LE

Pewitt vs Daingerfield 

Longview vs Lufkin 

Lufkin vs Nac 

Marshall vs Longview 

Tatum vs ????? Not sure who Tatum rivalry is with? At one time it was Spring Hill right? 

Oh yeah Spring Hill vs White Oak

Tatum and SH were rivals in the 90s. Not so much now. We ain't really had a rival since the 2000s. We had a nice little rivalry going with Carthage before Surratt showed up lol. Before we got turf they came and painted a red CHS on our 50 and spread bird seeds all over the home bleachers. Then we beat them 17-0 with Stephen Hodge. We traded wins for a bit for about 6 or so games. But now, we don't exactly have a rival anymore. 

30 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Tatum and SH were rivals in the 90s. Not so much now. We ain't really had a rival since the 2000s. We had a nice little rivalry going with Carthage before Surratt showed up lol. Before we got turf they came and painted a red CHS on our 50 and spread bird seeds all over the home bleachers. Then we beat them 17-0 with Stephen Hodge. We traded wins for a bit for about 6 or so games. But now, we don't exactly have a rival anymore. 

Lead them in overall series. 

On 4/22/2020 at 8:14 PM, GWBears01 said:

You’ve obviously been to one of these games. It is an intense rivalry regardless of who wins. Both teams leave feeling like they been in a fight. Neither team wants to lose to the other and even in down years either team has a chance. 

Honestly, when these two get together you never know who will win. No matter what the records are. 

11 minutes ago, 903sweetshot said:

Honestly, when these two get together you never know who will win. No matter what the records are. 

That’s exactly right. The Buckeyes have dominated the series of late but overall it is fairly even I believe.  Also even tho the record has been lopsided recently the games have all been highly competitive. 

On 4/22/2020 at 3:54 PM, Mavchamp said:

I haven't attended all of the ones listed above....but of the ones I've witnessed personally:

1.  Gilmer Vs. Gladewater
2.  Longview Vs. Lufkin
3.  Kilgore Vs. Henderson
4.  Elysian Fields Vs. Waskom
5.  JT Vs. Tyler Lee

A few I want to list....but....they need some spice before I'd add them to the above list

JT Vs. Lufkin
Marshall Vs. Longview
Henderson Vs. Carthage
Longview Vs. JT
Marshall Vs. Pine Tree

just my opinion.  

Carthage OWNS Henderson....😜

On 4/23/2020 at 1:47 PM, OakRidgeMav said:

In the last 20 years the Marshall - PT rivalry has been in the same boat as the Longview - Marshall rivalry...…..too one sided to really count as a true rivalry. Marshall - PT has had a few more competitive games.....but not many more.

Is hallsville / pine tree still a rivalry game. I know it used to be. 

Longview vs Lufkin

Nacogdoches vs Lufkin

Longview vs Pine Tree

Spring Hill vs White Oak

Gilmer vs Gladewater

Daingerfield vs Jefferson

Tyler Lee vs John Tyler

Marshall vs Longview

Marshall vs Hallsville

New Diana vs Ore City

Hawkins vs Big Sandy