Greatest EAST Texas Rivalry?

ericflair

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 6:11 PM, unclebubba said:

I would say it has lost it's luster.  The size disparity between the two schools is quite large right now.  Texas High should never really lose to Arkansas High any more with the number of athletes the two schools have to choose from.  It's still a big game and well supported but nothing near like it was when the schools were close to the same size.

Has Texas High grown a lot, or Arkansas High shrunk?  I'm completely out of touch.

On 5/27/2020 at 2:02 PM, Everide2016 said:

I'm a Texas High grad from long ago and have been away from there since shortly after high school.  The rivalry with Arkansas High was about as big as one could imagine at that time.  I'd be interested in hearing from someone still in that area... do the T-High folks still think of this like they did in days gone by, or has it lost its luster with how lopsided it is?

It is still a huge rivalry despite the lopsided number of wins in recent years by T-High. Arkansas High would be a large 4A in Texas, while Texas High is midsized 5A school. Texas High is almost twice the size of Arkansas High. Bedlam in the city is more sedate than in the past. However it is not a rivalry of two schools, it is a rivalry of two states represented in their school names. In recent years, the move of Barry Norton to Arkansas High has given the game some additional emphasis.