Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

My opinion is this. It represents a time when you didn’t have to go on a treasure hunt to find something made in the USA. A time when a dollar was worth something. A time when there was a strong family unit. Etc etc.  That’s my opinion. Like I said, it’s pretty much gone to 💩 the day they killed Kennedy. 

I respect your desire for a time when manufacturing was largely done in America and when our economy was roaring like no other. But within your time frame, civil rights were enacted, women's rights became something that was seen as vital, including abortion rights, and protections in the workplace and in housing became an actual thing, for all, including minorities, gays, and women. 

I don't think the 'strong family unit' has suffered, but has become something different by evolution of the times. I have a traditional household, absolutely, and that is my preference for my own children when they have kids, but I have great respect for the single parents, the grandparents, the 'aunties' and uncles who take care of kids and work hard to raise their right. 

And, for better or for worse, the American consumer wanted cheaper goods, and the world economy allows for that. 

So....which of that is Trump referencing? Just the economy? I don't think he is. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Stinks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think that MAGA is code from Trump to people wanting a return to a time when women and minorities and homosexuals knew their place, economic inequality wasn't important, and all those 'furriners' kn

Such utter bulldung...once upon a time with Obama in the house, Cheeto condemned the idea of military action against Iran as foolish electioneering. Forked tongue much😂😂😂    

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

I respect your desire for a time when manufacturing was largely done in America and when our economy was roaring like no other. But within your time frame, civil rights were enacted, women's rights became something that was seen as vital, including abortion rights, and protections in the workplace and in housing became an actual thing, for all, including minorities, gays, and women. 

I don't think the 'strong family unit' has suffered, but has become something different by evolution of the times. I have a traditional household, absolutely, and that is my preference for my own children when they have kids, but I have great respect for the single parents, the grandparents, the 'aunties' and uncles who take care of kids and work hard to raise their right. 

And, for better or for worse, the American consumer wanted cheaper goods, and the world economy allows for that. 

So....which of that is Trump referencing? Just the economy? I don't think he is. 

 

Hadn’t suffered are you serious? We can’t even get the sex of a person right! We let it happen plain and simple. Abortion rights is technically an oxymoron cause it justified murder that your party loves. This country hasn’t been good in years . The political parties of Clinton bush jr, and Barry has made America not great again.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

So you feel America is still as great as ever with Trump in the White House... Got it!👌😜

Yeah he willing to do protect us and not catered to countries that hate us.

 

simple but

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

I respect your desire for a time when manufacturing was largely done in America and when our economy was roaring like no other. But within your time frame, civil rights were enacted, women's rights became something that was seen as vital, including abortion rights, and protections in the workplace and in housing became an actual thing, for all, including minorities, gays, and women. 

I don't think the 'strong family unit' has suffered, but has become something different by evolution of the times. I have a traditional household, absolutely, and that is my preference for my own children when they have kids, but I have great respect for the single parents, the grandparents, the 'aunties' and uncles who take care of kids and work hard to raise their right. 

And, for better or for worse, the American consumer wanted cheaper goods, and the world economy allows for that. 

So....which of that is Trump referencing? Just the economy? I don't think he is. 

 

LBJ was a blatant racist. He instituted a system that has all but destroyed the black family. All races to a degree, but the black community has suffered the most. Stats don’t lie. Children born out of wedlock before and after the so called civil rights act is staggering. People are awarded to have children out of wedlock. They are punished with benefits being cut if married. Welfare is set up where you receive just enough to get by barely and not enough to get ahead. Someone gets a job they have their benefits cut right away without that person having time to get on their feet. So they have no incentive. It isn’t a people problem, it’s a government problem. They want them dependent on them. I’m the father of 4 daughters. Women’s rights are important to me to say the least. Abortion isn’t a right in my mind. I’m still waiting for someone to tell me when that child has rights. I’m not a homophobe but I believe marriage is between a man and woman. But if that is the law of the land, then polygamy should be deemed legal as well. Yes I admire those grandparents and other family members that raise their kin. Point is that at one time that was rare, not the norm. We all want to come out of the store with the best deals possible. Deregulate some of the regulations to get those companies back. Incentivize those that do things a more environmentally friendly way. As for as Trump goes, I’m not a mind reader. I don’t believe he means it as in going backwards 100 years. For me MAGA means what I stated. Race, sex, or subjugation of minorities do not even enter my mind. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

LBJ was a blatant racist. He instituted a system that has all but destroyed the black family. All races to a degree, but the black community has suffered the most. Stats don’t lie. Children born out of wedlock before and after the so called civil rights act is staggering. People are awarded to have children out of wedlock. They are punished with benefits being cut if married. Welfare is set up where you receive just enough to get by barely and not enough to get ahead. Someone gets a job they have their benefits cut right away without that person having time to get on their feet. So they have no incentive. It isn’t a people problem, it’s a government problem. They want them dependent on them. I’m the father of 4 daughters. Women’s rights are important to me to say the least. Abortion isn’t a right in my mind. I’m still waiting for someone to tell me when that child has rights. I’m not a homophobe but I believe marriage is between a man and woman. But if that is the law of the land, then polygamy should be deemed legal as well. Yes I admire those grandparents and other family members that raise their kin. Point is that at one time that was rare, not the norm. We all want to come out of the store with the best deals possible. Deregulate some of the regulations to get those companies back. Incentivize those that do things a more environmentally friendly way. As for as Trump goes, I’m not a mind reader. I don’t believe he means it as in going backwards 100 years. For me MAGA means what I stated. Race, sex, or subjugation of minorities do not even enter my mind. 

Great post! 🙏

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

Yeah he willing to do protect us and not catered to countries that hate us.

 

simple but

 

Such utter bulldung...once upon a time with Obama in the house, Cheeto condemned the idea of military action against Iran as foolish electioneering. Forked tongue much😂😂😂

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BoHogg said:

Such utter bulldung...once upon a time with Obama in the house, Cheeto condemned the idea of military action against Iran as foolish electioneering. Forked tongue much😂😂😂

 

 

You prevent war by showing force. He publicly announced it as to show strength. If Iran keeps up then they are the ones causing the conflict. Hopefully they back down. He doesn’t want war still so no fork tongue that you speak of. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BoHogg said:

Such utter bulldung...once upon a time with Obama in the house, Cheeto condemned the idea of military action against Iran as foolish electioneering. Forked tongue much😂😂😂

 

 

Spoken like a true liberal 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Youngcoach123 said:

You prevent war by showing force. He publicly announced it as to show strength. If Iran keeps up then they are the ones causing the conflict. Hopefully they back down. He doesn’t want war still so no fork tongue that you speak of. 

^ This 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

LBJ was a blatant racist. He instituted a system that has all but destroyed the black family. All races to a degree, but the black community has suffered the most. Stats don’t lie. Children born out of wedlock before and after the so called civil rights act is staggering. People are awarded to have children out of wedlock. They are punished with benefits being cut if married. Welfare is set up where you receive just enough to get by barely and not enough to get ahead. Someone gets a job they have their benefits cut right away without that person having time to get on their feet. So they have no incentive. It isn’t a people problem, it’s a government problem. They want them dependent on them. I’m the father of 4 daughters. Women’s rights are important to me to say the least. Abortion isn’t a right in my mind. I’m still waiting for someone to tell me when that child has rights. I’m not a homophobe but I believe marriage is between a man and woman. But if that is the law of the land, then polygamy should be deemed legal as well. Yes I admire those grandparents and other family members that raise their kin. Point is that at one time that was rare, not the norm. We all want to come out of the store with the best deals possible. Deregulate some of the regulations to get those companies back. Incentivize those that do things a more environmentally friendly way. As for as Trump goes, I’m not a mind reader. I don’t believe he means it as in going backwards 100 years. For me MAGA means what I stated. Race, sex, or subjugation of minorities do not even enter my mind. 

Exactly, people have a better chance for Government aid if they aren't married.  It does promote single mothers, and why many don't marry.  You are correct about MAGA, it's not about returning to the past, but returning U.S. to our prominence as a world superpower both militarily and economically.  We were headed in that direction, until people became scared of this virus.  We're all going to die from something.  President Trump has inadvertently done more for the environment than any other President in the History of the United States of America.  Yet people won't acknowledge that fact, because it happened because he shut down the economy.  I'll say this if the economy isn't up and rebounded by November he will lose the election.  I don't think he can do anymore for the people of the U.S. than what he has, but that was just a spit in the bucket compared  to many of their bills.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BoHogg said:

Such utter bulldung...once upon a time with Obama in the house, Cheeto condemned the idea of military action against Iran as foolish electioneering. Forked tongue much😂😂😂

 

 

He only did it for the masses.  There has been no order commanded.  I do think they should take out those little piss ant boats if they are harassing our Navy.  They're not like the USSR was in Top Gun where Maverick stood down, but showed off.  I doubt that movie will be in theaters this summer.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

Yeah he willing to do protect us and not catered to countries that hate us.

 

simple but

 

Iran is a joke. They look like they’re out there deep sea fishing. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

 

I don't think the 'strong family unit' has suffered, but has become something different by evolution of the times. 

 

 

You are one mentally sick individual Larry.  The breakdown of the traditional core family unit in America starting with the marriage of a man and a woman, besides abortion on demand, is the greatest travesty our nation has suffered in the last 200+ years ...  God didn't create the core family unit to evolve from his creation ... sick and sinful mankind did that ....

  • Roll Eyes 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

You are one mentally sick individual Larry.  The breakdown of the traditional core family unit in America starting with the marriage of a man and a woman, besides abortion on demand, is the greatest travesty our nation has suffered in the last 200+ years ...  God didn't create the core family unit to evolve from his creation ... sick and sinful mankind did that ....

Exactly...🤨

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

It always makes me so sad for you when you just resort to tossing out your cliched remarks, rather than a careful, well seasoned set of facts or even opinions regarding what I have said. Do you have an opinion for what MAGA is supposed to mean? What is Trump referencing, if not what I said, which is to respond to triggers about fear and insecurity and frustration with the seeming shrinking of their role in the world, as people are now having to deal with those not like them? Please take a moment from your ZOOM meeting, when you have a chance or just SSDD will be your tired, morose response. As usual...

You can be tired of my SSDD response, but that is what you deserve, you are nothing more than an attack machine against the President of the United States. Every remark you make, I hear on CNN 15 minutes prior to your speech. When you start thinking for yourself when it comes to the President, then maybe you will get more rewarding remarks, otherwise, you are just trying to look down your honker at others, trying to impress people with media words, when we all watch the news also, so we know where you are coming from. While we will band together when it comes to some things, your hatred of the President only leaves this for you. SSDD!!!!!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

Yes we don’t consider CNN news either

😂😂😂👌

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BoHogg said:

There’s no adjective to describe someone easily fooled by this...                                     #TidePodPresident

 

 

I could be wrong but wasn’t most liberals the ones who ate tied pods? I wouldn’t wanna take that valuable description of your respected party away from you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

I could be wrong but wasn’t most liberals the ones who ate tied pods? I wouldn’t wanna take that valuable description of your respected party away from you.

That pretty weak. Go try another spray of Lysol sweetener in that coffee and get back with me. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BoHogg said:

There’s no adjective to describe someone easily fooled by this...                                     #TidePodPresident

 

 

“Trump chose his words poorly, with a layman's enthusiasm for complex medical treatments. He did not come anywhere near telling anyone to shoot up with Lysol. Absolutely no one would think he had, if DNC Media was not aggressively manufacturing this narrative. This entire cooked-up media storyline is equivalent to saying Barack Obama advocated invading and annexing Canada when he said there were 57 states. You can ding politicians for clumsy phrasing, slips of the tongue, or talking too much without putting words in their mouths.  Amazing how quickly DNC Media outlets stopped even trying to quote Trump verbatim and began swapping in more outrageous words instead of "disinfectant." They clearly knew they had to do some surgery on the quote to get the narrative they wanted. You only have to go through another page or two of the transcript to see what Trump was talking about, but suddenly our Guardians of Truth, the gatekeepers of context, the only people qualified to tell the Whole Story, decided that was too much trouble.  They could have gotten a fair hit on Trump for riffing on complicated medical techniques, but that wouldn't be much of a story, would it? That would have just sounded like churlish nitpicking. Trump wasn't even entirely wrong to call the treatment in question "disinfectant."  So instead we got a manufactured media APB, blast headline news coverage of something TRUMP DID NOT SAY, based on taking a few seconds of his remarks completely and maliciously out of context - based on a phantom fear that some idiots will grab syringes and shoot up with Lysol.  And to date, the only people known to have acted so stupidly based on outrageous misinterpretation of something Trump said were a couple of rabid Trump-haters, one of whom *might* actually have murdered the other. Funny how we never hear about them any more.    This whole garbage story is the worst kind of Fake News: a false narrative blasted loudly enough to drown out truth. The goal is to make it "common knowledge" within 24 hours that Trump told people to inject themselves with Lysol. If everyone's talking about it, it MUST be true! “

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

“Trump chose his words poorly, with a layman's enthusiasm for complex medical treatments. He did not come anywhere near telling anyone to shoot up with Lysol. Absolutely no one would think he had, if DNC Media was not aggressively manufacturing this narrative. This entire cooked-up media storyline is equivalent to saying Barack Obama advocated invading and annexing Canada when he said there were 57 states. You can ding politicians for clumsy phrasing, slips of the tongue, or talking too much without putting words in their mouths.  Amazing how quickly DNC Media outlets stopped even trying to quote Trump verbatim and began swapping in more outrageous words instead of "disinfectant." They clearly knew they had to do some surgery on the quote to get the narrative they wanted. You only have to go through another page or two of the transcript to see what Trump was talking about, but suddenly our Guardians of Truth, the gatekeepers of context, the only people qualified to tell the Whole Story, decided that was too much trouble.  They could have gotten a fair hit on Trump for riffing on complicated medical techniques, but that wouldn't be much of a story, would it? That would have just sounded like churlish nitpicking. Trump wasn't even entirely wrong to call the treatment in question "disinfectant."  So instead we got a manufactured media APB, blast headline news coverage of something TRUMP DID NOT SAY, based on taking a few seconds of his remarks completely and maliciously out of context - based on a phantom fear that some idiots will grab syringes and shoot up with Lysol.  And to date, the only people known to have acted so stupidly based on outrageous misinterpretation of something Trump said were a couple of rabid Trump-haters, one of whom *might* actually have murdered the other. Funny how we never hear about them any more.    This whole garbage story is the worst kind of Fake News: a false narrative blasted loudly enough to drown out truth. The goal is to make it "common knowledge" within 24 hours that Trump told people to inject themselves with Lysol. If everyone's talking about it, it MUST be true! “

 

Great post! 👌😋

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...