2020-21 East Texas 5A Sports Thread

Mavchamp

On 4/30/2020 at 3:41 PM, ANTI said:

4 on offense...

SR QB Rian Cellers (committed to Mississippi St for baseball), SR WR Caden Miller, SR LG Demarcus Day, SR RT Hayden Harrell

7 on defense (4-2-5)...

SR DE Jaylen Green, SR DE/OLB Clayton Smith, SR LB Jackson Halter, JR LB Javarous Tyson, SR S Caleb Arnold, JR S Darrin Finley, SR DB Lajontae Wrightner

Smith and Arnold getting the most FBS attention.

OFFENSE IS ALSO BRINGING BACK

SR LT COLIN SHELLEY, SR WR TRE ROBERTS

Forget about what I said when suggesting putting the practice facility behind the scoreboard. 

Keep the woods.  I think it’s one of the best features of Maverick Stadium. 

JMHO. 

3 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Forget about what I said when suggesting putting the practice facility behind the scoreboard. 

Keep the woods.  I think it’s one of the best features of Maverick Stadium. 

JMHO. 

That field layout looks quite familiar!! lol

Should have gotten RED turf , like Boise St. Blue or Eastern Washington Red.  Black trim, very original.  Any HS in Texas have a turf color other than green?  Just Curious.

Lufkin has the same multi striped green turf.  That turf company has done a good job of selling that trend.

image.jpeg

3 hours ago, PackAttack said:

Should have gotten RED turf , like Boise St. Blue or Eastern Washington Red.  Black trim, very original.  Any HS in Texas have a turf color other than green?  Just Curious.

Lufkin has the same multi striped green turf.  That turf company has done a good job of selling that trend.

image.jpeg

I love me some red. No doubt. 
But that hurts my eyes.  I can’t imagine looking at that for three hours lol 

12 hours ago, PackAttack said:

Any HS in Texas have a turf color other than green? 

Parish Episcopal Panthers in Dallas have Blue

New Braunfels Canyon Cougars have Red

Hidalgo Pirates have Navy Blue

These are just the first 3 I found.

2 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Someone in CenTex has purple I believe 

Hmmmm,   Purple??   Personally, I just like the natural green or shades of green turf for a football field.  Trimmig in your school colors is great.  Unless you are Lobo and your already green???  The gold and white go well enough for them.

9 hours ago, PackAttack said:

Hmmmm,   Purple??   Personally, I just like the natural green or shades of green turf for a football field.  Trimmig in your school colors is great.  Unless you are Lobo and your already green???  The gold and white go well enough for them.

New Braunfels Canyon Field

Red-carpet treatment at Canyon High - San Antonio Express-News

Bill Pate Stadium  Hidalgo, TX

Bill Pate Stadium

Kathy Parker Field Barrow , Alaska

Parker help build a real field of dreams in Alaska - Sports ...

1 hour ago, PackAttack said:

I agree!! I am traditionalist I am OK with colors at midfield and the end zones but I want a green field.

4 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Longview has a very solid team coming this fall...but that 2023-2025 group? Loaded.

Hale gives Longview fans Bobby Taylor vibes, already has major SEC offers coming in and the crazy thing is, he may be even better on the track and basketball court. You don't play varsity ball as a freshman at Longview but Hale did and was honestly the best WR on the team.

Like I said though, he's only a piece of the puzzle in that 2023-2025 group.

Him and 2023 QB Landyn Grant (6'2 180) will get three years together as both are slated to start for Longview this fall. Grant is very good. Tall lefty who throws a beautiful ball and trains a ton. 

Several others that we'll talk about another day, but I'm very excited for the future of Lobo football. Particular the '22 and '23 teams.

2 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

crazy....Wade had D-1 offers before he step foot on campus and he hasn't played Varsity yet.  Pretty amazing.

That is amazing but I don't even  think he was the best freshman. You know as well as I know it's not always about the skill set but the size is what matters.

2 hours ago, VonG said:

That is amazing but I don't even  think he was the best freshman. You know as well as I know it's not always about the skill set but the size is what matters.

You're right! JT got some good ones people ain't even talking about. 

24 minutes ago, CUJONATION83 said:

You're right! JT got some good ones people ain't even talking about. 

Kids just have to learn That’s how life is. Big doesn’t always mean D1 either. Look at Geo. From 2014. He was 6’3 200 something.

4 hours ago, cujoforlife said:

Big doesn’t always mean D1 either. Look at Geo. From 2014. He was 6’3 200 something.

What hes saying is...

You have two players. One is 5'7, the other is 6'1. Both are talented, but the 5'7 is more talented. But because the other had better luck with genetics being 6'1, he'll get all the attention.

Its dumb but how recruiting goes sadly. I see it all the time in the Longview program.

• Like 1