2020-21 East Texas 5A Sports Thread

Mavchamp

8 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

I think his dad is a new coach at JT. 

Wanna say Eaton started LB as a freshman on that New Deal team that played in the state game back in '18. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ANTI said:

Wanna say Eaton started LB as a freshman on that New Deal team that played in the state game back in '18. 

ok cool. So that means he has a couple of yrs left.  JT has to replace all of the LBs from last yr...so hopefully he can fill the void. 

21 hours ago, CUJONATION83 said:

Go to images and see if that works. BTW, JT has 53 players on varsity this year. 4 freshman will be on varsity and good move-in from Lubbock. 

I'm guessing Woods little brother and the RB from Moore are two of them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

I'm guessing Woods little brother and the RB from Moore are two of them.

Jace is another one. I forgot who Cujonation83 said was the other one.

Supposedly the qb from Moore is not at Whitehouse anymore. I'll leave it at that.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Man, desperately hoping covid allows me to see a matchup this fall that I was dying to see. It wasnt even a varsity matchup either.

Longview 9th vs John Tyler 9th.

Two loaded classes. Highland Park had a good 9th group coming in too.

Longview's incoming 9th was already loaded, and has since then added pieces including a big time addition 2024 RB/S Taylor Tatum who is already 5'10 185.

This was a backfield that already had 2024 RB Willie Nelson out of Judson MS, who looks like a future P5 player himself. 

I can say with confidence, Longview was going to field the best 9th group they've fielded in a good while. Hopefully we'll still get to see it.

On 7/11/2020 at 7:23 PM, ANTI said:

Man, desperately hoping covid allows me to see a matchup this fall that I was dying to see. It wasnt even a varsity matchup either.

Longview 9th vs John Tyler 9th.

Two loaded classes. Highland Park had a good 9th group coming in too.

Longview's incoming 9th was already loaded, and has since then added pieces including a big time addition 2024 RB/S Taylor Tatum who is already 5'10 185.

This was a backfield that already had 2024 RB Willie Nelson out of Judson MS, who looks like a future P5 player himself. 

I can say with confidence, Longview was going to field the best 9th group they've fielded in a good while. Hopefully we'll still get to see it.

Another kid in the Longview area finding their way to Longview High...lol

JT ninth grade should be ok, but talk is that a few of them will be on varsity.  May not be the matchup we orginally thought but we will see. 

I think Lufkin has a good group coming in too. 

1 hour ago, JTFAN99 said:

Another kid in the Longview area finding their way to Longview High...lol

JT ninth grade should be ok, but talk is that a few of them will be on varsity.  May not be the matchup we orginally thought but we will see. 

I think Lufkin has a good group coming in too. 

Lufkin has a great group of kids moving up the next few years that will be equal to the talent we had back in the 2004-2005 era.  Probably will do it without many transfers, our geographical location doesn't lend itself to many transfers.  How they produce on the field is another story.  That is an unknown.  I've seen super talented teams all over the State never win many State crowns,.  DeSoto is a good example.  Lufkin and Longview are maybe two others.  Some JT fans may feel the same way.  

You just hope the chemistry is there when they all get together.

Hellas has started installing the turf at Rose Stadium today. I have a funny feeling that it will not include JT and Lee name. Just a hunch. I could definitely be wrong. I just think Tisd knew the names of the schools would not go away. So they were already ahead of the curve. 

1 hour ago, VonG said:

Hellas has started installing the turf at Rose Stadium today. I have a funny feeling that it will not include JT and Lee name. Just a hunch. I could definitely be wrong. I just think Tisd knew the names of the schools would not go away. So they were already ahead of the curve. 

Probably should just go with Lions and Red Raiders in the End Zone and the Rose Stadium symbol in the middle of the field.

3 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

IF, I were a season ticket holder in Marshall, I would not be happy about this decision.   Have been a season ticket holder in Lufkin for 32 years,. Fortunately,  Lufkin ISD is not taking this route.  However, it will be different too.  We will probably only be allowed 1/2 our normal ticket allotment,  seating will be spread out in different locations than normal this year, but we will have tickets somewhere in the stands.  Of course, all based on what is allowed by the State come first game in September.    Next year, like Marshall,  it will be back to our normal seating options.  No doubt your district will get some blow back on this decision.

3 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

IF, I were a season ticket holder in Marshall, I would not be happy about this decision.   Have been a season ticket holder in Lufkin for 32 years,. Fortunately,  Lufkin ISD is not taking this route.  However, it will be different too.  We will probably only be allowed 1/2 our normal ticket allotment,  seating spread out probably in be  a different location than normal this year, but we will have tickets somewhere in the stands.  Of course, all based on what is allowed by the State come first game in September.    Next year, like Marshall,  it will be back to our normal seating options.  No doubt your district will get some blow back on this decision.

I’m getting to the point of being OK with sitting on the visitors side or on one of the light poles as long as their is a game. 

I just want to play.  No matter where I’m sitting.