2020-21 East Texas 5A Sports Thread

Mavchamp

My big wonder is if they're gonna adjust the district schedule at all?

I don't remember when the Dallas county mandate was up, but we have what? West Mesquite, Highland Park and Wylie East that are in Dallas County? That could still make an impact on our season for sure.

12 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

My big wonder is if they're gonna adjust the district schedule at all?

I don't remember when the Dallas county mandate was up, but we have what? West Mesquite, Highland Park and Wylie East that are in Dallas County? That could still make an impact on our season for sure.

I thought it was only Dallas schools not Dallas county 

31 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

Pine Tree has a 4A scrimmages and 3 4A games. Jacksonville and Hallsville have several too. Those teams are scrambling this morning I would think. 

Just saw PT is looking for weeks 1 through 3 on twitter.

District 9-5A just needs to plan on playing 7 district games and forget non-district games. It would allow “ make-up” dates if play is suspended and have a better chance to having district playoff representives. Seems too late to schedule no district games in East Texas as many of those opponents are 4A.

4 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

Another thing I hadn't thought about, 2A-4A will be limited on stadium choices for the playoffs with 5 and 6a still playing regular games.

Might have to do a lot of home flips for playoff games I would think.

Hopefully we can replace the Carthage game with a 5A school.   Since everyone is in the same boat... maybe it won’t be too hard.  

Good to see things going forward.   Hopefully it will all stick. 

We will hold on to our matchups with New Caney and Longview.  

We will lose Carthage.  Hopefully we can get it filled with an I-30 school or something.   Royse City?  Sulphur Springs?  Greenville? 

2 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

We will hold on to our matchups with New Caney and Longview.  

We will lose Carthage.  Hopefully we can get it filled with an I-30 school or something.   Royse City?  Sulphur Springs?  Greenville? 

SS lost Kaufman that week. And Greenville lost a 4A Carrollton school.  Maybe one of those will work out.  

There were about 150 non district games Statewide affected by this change.  Lots of scrambling going on to find  new match ups and many teams have been able to do that so far.  Teams out west got a double dip after NM moved their HS football to the spring and now this.  Some may not play a full schedule.

So glad we got a full 10 games. 
North Forney takes Carthage’s spot on the schedule.  

Looks like we are renegotiating the site of the New a Caney game.  Wonder how and why that came about.