2020-21 East Texas 5A Sports Thread

Mavchamp

1 hour ago, CUJONATION83 said:

Nac had a good freshman group 3 years ago but it didn't materialize like I thought it would. I'm going to try and make it when JT goes down there this season. 

That group made the playoffs as Sophomores and then last year fell off a bit. 

15 minutes ago, nacdragon07 said:

I can’t remember the Last time we beat Cujo

Its only happened 5 times since 1914, we are 5-43-4 lifetime against CUJO.

1989 was our last win 17-10 even our 1992 team couldn't beat them,They tied 10-10 that year. 

3 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

That group made the playoffs as Sophomores and then last year fell off a bit. 

Know the feeling. Between graduation and other issues, JT had a huge falling off in 2019. I could see us being better if the qb situation was better. JT has some VERY promising underclassmen. 

1 hour ago, Nacwagons said:

Its only happened 5 times since 1914, we are 5-43-4 lifetime against CUJO.

1989 was our last win 17-10 even our 1992 team couldn't beat them,They tied 10-10 that year. 

That old 12-5A district was brutal. We wouldn’t even sniff the playoffs if that was our current district. JT,Longview,Lufkin,Tyler Lee and Marshall. I hope we do better this year and make the playoffs and win a game or two. It would go a long way for Allman.

25 minutes ago, nacdragon07 said:

That old 12-5A district was brutal. We wouldn’t even sniff the playoffs if that was our current district. JT,Longview,Lufkin,Tyler Lee and Marshall. I hope we do better this year and make the playoffs and win a game or two. It would go a long way for Allman.

REL is the only one we have had any success against. We are still under .500 against them but not near as lopsided as we are vs the rest of them. 

Well to make the playoff we have to figure out how to beat WH and MP-we have lost 4 straight to WH. 

1 hour ago, Nacwagons said:

REL is the only one we have had any success against. We are still under .500 against them but not near as lopsided as we are vs the rest of them. 

Well to make the playoff we have to figure out how to beat WH and MP-we have lost 4 straight to WH. 

Didn’t realize that. I believe the MP loss last year was the first one. 

37 minutes ago, nacdragon07 said:

Didn’t realize that. I believe the MP loss last year was the first one. 

We have found ways to lose to WH the last 4 years, blowing leads late that have cost us playoff spots.

The loss to MP last year was our first loss to them since 1977, of course we have only played them 6 times since then.  1998,1999,2008,2009,2018 and 2019. MP is one of the few schools we have a winning record against. We are 10-5 lifetime against MP.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

We have found ways to lose to WH the last 4 years, blowing leads late that have cost us playoff spots.

The loss to MP last year was our first loss to them since 1977, of course we have only played them 6 times since then.  1998,1999,2008,2009,2018 and 2019. MP is one of the few schools we have a winning record against. We are 10-5 lifetime against MP.

That WH game this past year was stolen from us. If we were home that would have been a win. They know they got away with one.

8 hours ago, nacdragon07 said:

That WH game this past year was stolen from us. If we were home that would have been a win. They know they got away with one.

We wouldn't have gotten that call at home either:)

7 hours ago, nacdragon07 said:

Maybe the 500 million dollar man from KC will give them more money.

I thought I read they are redoing the visitor side this summer. 

15 hours ago, Nacwagons said:

Lee has really only had about those 7 years of consistent success in the late 90s/early 00s.

Id think Nac is one of the only series against the old 12-5A that they actually lead the series. I know the JT one is closer than it probably should be. 

WH’s visitors side is three or four times bigger than it was 10 or so years ago.  

When we played there in the mid 00’s our band took up half the seats.

It’s much improved.  But still smallish. 

1 hour ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

I believe Nac struggles were mainly home games if I recall.

True since we installed the turf, we haven’t had much success. Then we haven’t had much success before the turf lol. We were originally supposed to play Tyler Lee but we lost the game and picked up JT.

1 hour ago, nacdragon07 said:

True since we installed the turf, we haven’t had much success. Then we haven’t had much success before the turf lol. We were originally supposed to play Tyler Lee but we lost the game and picked up JT.

We are scrimmaging Lee this year and playing JT in NAC

The 2013 and 2014 teams went 9-1 at home. 

Since installing the turf in 2015 we are 6-19 at home. 

2015-1-4-beat Jacksonville

2016-1-4 beat Kilgore

2017-1-4 beat Hallsville

2018-1-4 beat Mt Pleasant

2019-2-3 Beat Jacksonville and Hallsville

We are 9-16 on the road from 2015-present

I've seen the final plans of Rose Stadium field. Tyler isd Rose Stadium will surround the rose at midfield. A T and a lion will be in both endzones. They will be located in the corners. Tyler isd will be in the middle of both endzones between the T and lion.

5 hours ago, Nacwagons said:

Their home side is pretty big, and they added the stands to move the band to the north end zone.

Thought so. My take is it shouldn’t matter if visiting team has enough room. Home field ‘vantage

5 hours ago, Nacwagons said:

We are scrimmaging Lee this year and playing JT in NAC

The 2013 and 2014 teams went 9-1 at home. 

Since installing the turf in 2015 we are 6-19 at home. 

2015-1-4-beat Jacksonville

2016-1-4 beat Kilgore

2017-1-4 beat Hallsville

2018-1-4 beat Mt Pleasant

2019-2-3 Beat Jacksonville and Hallsville

We are 9-16 on the road from 2015-present

Let’s be honest those 13 and 14 Teams were the best teams we had since 92. Anybody could have won with those groups. We still haven’t won a playoff game. That’s what I’m looking forward to. Idk if it will be this team or a future one. All I know is so far how we do in middle school or freshmen or JV doesn’t matter. We have to put it together on the varsity level. 

4 hours ago, VonG said:

I've seen the final plans of Rose Stadium field. Tyler isd Rose Stadium will surround the rose at midfield. A T and a lion will be in both endzones. They will be located in the corners. Tyler isd will be in the middle of both endzones between the T and lion.

That make no sense. Why don’t they just put TISD in both Endzones and call it a day.