2020-21 East Texas 5A Sports Thread

Mavchamp

1 hour ago, cujoforlife said:

Yup. I’m guessing it was on the 25 yard line.

The reason I asked is because I didn't see it on tylerisd Twitter page. I saw it because I actually took a picture of it when I went to the Stadium. 

On 7/31/2020 at 8:21 AM, CUJONATION83 said:

Not really but I can tell you it won't be a directional name (North, South, East  and West). 

Honestly, how things are going, it would probably be safer to go with a directional name.  However, I am all for bringing back Emmett Scott if the names are changing.  

2 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

Honestly, how things are going, it would probably be safer to go with a directional name.  However, I am all for bringing back Emmett Scott if the names are changing.  

I've heard the RUMORED names that will be submitted Monday for JT and Lee. They're similar to what Frisco ISD has named their schools. 

1 minute ago, CUJONATION83 said:

I've heard the RUMORED names that will be submitted Monday for JT and Lee. They're similar to what Frisco ISD has named their schools. 

something like Liberty, Independence, Freedom, etc...  

I know we haven't played JT since 2010...... but we have almost 100 years of football history between us.

Can't imagine "flush that john" not being a part of it..... no more plungers

But onward we go.

I agree with the Justice Tyler and Tyler Liberty to keep the JT and TL initials intact....

3 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

I know we haven't played JT since 2010...... but we have almost 100 years of football history between us.

Can't imagine "flush that john" not being a part of it..... no more plungers

But onward we go.

I agree with the Justice Tyler and Tyler Liberty to keep the JT and TL initials intact....

Well the world was meant to change. Nothing stays the same forever.

2 minutes ago, cujoforlife said:

Well the world was meant to change. Nothing stays the same forever.

I actually supported the name changes..... but I can see how they would want to hold on to some of the actual schools' spirit/Logos/etc (yells, cheers, songs, etc) for continuity.

But it's not a must.

I remember when The Woodlands was called Conroe McCullough.  (and we beat them in the playoffs in 1993 lmao). No one died when that change was made. 

4 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

I actually supported the name changes..... but I can see how they would want to hold on to some of the actual schools' spirit/Logos/etc (yells, cheers, songs, etc) for continuity.

But it's not a must.

I remember when The Woodlands was called Conroe McCullough.  (and we beat them in the playoffs in 1993 lmao). No one died when that change was made. 

I didn’t know that was their name before it was changed. Learn something new everyday.

They are just finishing up the turf at Rose Stadium. I'm a little disappointed. They will not be stitching the lion and T in the endzones after all. Don't know why they changed their minds. I thought it was going to look great. Oh well. Life goes on. 

3 hours ago, VonG said:

They are just finishing up the turf at Rose Stadium. I'm a little disappointed. They will not be stitching the lion and T in the endzones after all. Don't know why they changed their minds. I thought it was going to look great. Oh well. Life goes on. 

Nope just TISD In both endzones