2020-21 East Texas 5A Sports Thread

Mavchamp

15 hours ago, nacdragon07 said:

Can someone give me some info on Greenville ? If I’m not mistaken this will be our first ever match up with them.

They have struggled most of the last 10 years or so, but they were very competitive last season.

Always have athletes.  Lack depth. 

12 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Been a busy summer at MHS. 

New turf is down.  Of course the pressbox in completed and the new stadium lights are up and running.  

Stadium restrooms have been gutted and renovated

Covered practice facility underway  

Turf installation at baseball and softball fields underway  

Mav gym total renovation almost complete  along with brand new restrooms

Basketball locker rooms for boys and girls have been renovated  

Softball Locker room renovation complete. 

Football field house continued upgrades. 

New Parking lot for MHS with new lighting installed. 

MHS getting multimillion dollar renovation with new science labs, new flooring through out the campus and new ceiling throughout the campus. Library reno and auditorium upgrades. 

Much has been done.  More coming. $35 million   upgrades in the works at MHS from 2018-whenever it’s all completed.  No bond.  

Going to be great when it’s all completed.  

Lots to be proud of right now.  🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼

13 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Been a busy summer at MHS. 

New turf is down.  Of course the pressbox in completed and the new stadium lights are up and running.  

Stadium restrooms have been gutted and renovated

Covered practice facility underway  

Turf installation at baseball and softball fields underway  

Mav gym total renovation almost complete  along with brand new restrooms

Basketball locker rooms for boys and girls have been renovated  

Softball Locker room renovation complete. 

Football field house continued upgrades. 

New Parking lot for MHS with new lighting installed. 

MHS getting multimillion dollar renovation with new science labs, new flooring through out the campus and new ceiling throughout the campus. Library reno and auditorium upgrades. 

Much has been done.  More coming. $35 million   upgrades in the works at MHS from 2018-whenever it’s all completed.  No bond.  

Going to be great when it’s all completed.  

Lots to be proud of right now.  🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼

Y’all have done a excellent job in Marshall. Student Athletes want first class facilities. Y’all will have some of the best in the district when it’s all finished. 

17 hours ago, nacdragon07 said:

Can someone give me some info on Greenville ? If I’m not mistaken this will be our first ever match up with them.

They have one of the fastest guys in the state. Other than that idk. 

19 hours ago, nacdragon07 said:

That stadium of theirs was definitely easy to get lost to. But it's very nice once you get in.

No idea what their team is like now, since they were coming off a 30-game losing streak when we first faced them. But their fan that posts on here is great to talk to and gives a lot of updates on their team. They have a fantastic mexican restaurant in town too lol.

3 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Skeet lost his battle to Covid-19 this evening. 

One of the finest men I’ve ever known. 

Biggest Mav fan in Marshall history.  

Prayers to his friends and family. 

This hurts deep. I’m a dragon by birth but I Pastor in Marshall. Everyone knew him and loved him. He loved those kids. He will be  missed tremendously.

9 hours ago, nacdragon07 said:

This hurts deep. I’m a dragon by birth but I Pastor in Marshall. Everyone knew him and loved him. He loved those kids. He will be  missed tremendously.

He saw no color. He saw no economic status. 

He just saw kids for kids.  He was hard on them.  Stood by the coaches.  Made the kids strive for better.... for more  

A great man. 

Most definitely not a simple COVID-19 statistic.  This one will sting for Mav Nation for a long time. 

LHSAA pushes start date back to weekend of Oct 8th-10th. Virtually ensures Longview/West Monroe is a no go unless they can switch their schedule up. Longview/West Monroe, per Longview's schedule, would've been the weekend of October 16th.

6 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

LHSAA pushes start date back to weekend of Oct 8th-10th. Virtually ensures Longview/West Monroe is a no go unless they can switch their schedule up. Longview/West Monroe, per Longview's schedule, would've been the weekend of October 16th.

That really bites...I hope we get to keep them...we don't have much options otherwise.

17 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

i caught a little bit on the news this morning it sounded like they wouldnt be making up the games missed before the start date. theyre planning on a 6-8 game schedule so they can get their championships done by the end of december. 

14 hours ago, kingwolf said:

That really bites...I hope we get to keep them...we don't have much options otherwise.

Honestly, going forward, I think they're a great option for us to keep on the schedule. Great program, one of the best in Louisiana year in and year out. And they're down to meet us in Shreveport every year it feels like.

Not like we've been able to get other big named Metroplex schools to come out this way anyways so why not keep em.

#### this year, no doubt. I'm betting we'll have a 9-game schedule but is what it is. Better than 0 games.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, VonG said:

Huh. We haven't had a JT or Lee track meet in years. 

They are redoing the track at Rose Stadium. 

I didn't see any soccer lines on the field at the Rose, so I think it makes it possible to host track meets again. I think soccer games are at the schools now.

35 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

I didn't see any soccer lines on the field at the Rose, so I think it makes it possible to host track meets again. I think soccer games are at the schools now.

Soccer lines are on the turf at Rose Stadium. They are not bringing track back to Rose Stadium. They are just redoing the portion of the track that is still there.  Which makes no sense to me. 

11 hours ago, VonG said:

Soccer lines are on the turf at Rose Stadium. They are not bringing track back to Rose Stadium. They are just redoing the portion of the track that is still there.  Which makes no sense to me. 

you right. I just took a second glance at it.