2020-21 East Texas 5A Sports Thread

Mavchamp

8 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Did everyone in 9-5A work out a 10 game schedule? 

I have not heard or seen anything that leads me to believe anyone had trouble filling their schedule. Maybe Whitehouse since they only schedule 4a schools for non-district!! I am just kidding, I even used the sarcasm font!!

1 minute ago, Nacwagons said:

I have not heard or seen anything that leads me to believe anyone had trouble filling their schedule. Maybe Whitehouse since they only schedule 4a schools for non-district!! I am just kidding, I even used the sarcasm font!!

Pine Tree lost all three of their games...… not sure who they got to replace those.

Marshall:  New Caney, Longview, McKinney North
Pine Tree: Princeton Crandall, Wylie East
Texas High: Tyler, Denison, Forney
Whitehouse: Forney, Royse City, Corsicana
Nacogdoches:  Greenville, Tyler, Lufkin
Jacksonville:  Crandall, Cleburne, Nederland
Mount Pleasant:  Wylie East. Sherman, ????
Hallsville: Clenurne,  Frisco Rock Hill, Sulphur Springs

7 minutes ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

Is that a better game for y’all? WM gave the Lobos some competition. 

I mean it didn't really matter. Louisiana is starting their season in October and I believe they're jumping right into district play.

I like playing West Monroe, they're great competition and one of the best programs in Louisiana year in and year out. They'll be back on our schedule at some point in the future I'm sure.

Better than playing a 9-game schedule for sure.

5 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

You know we're gonna end up meeting in the playoffs the next two years, someway...somehow. Sigh.

Fun times lol. You know I’m still happy from the LSU title regardless..

Plus i guess I’m the only one on here not expecting a full season. Definitely hoping for the best though. I miss sports 

• Like 1

Sky view of Maverick Stadium.  New turf in complete.  Restroom renovations complete.  New stadium lights in place. 

There is also a quick view of the covered practice facility.  Should be completed in early November before district play is complete. 

Can also see a longshot view of Lady Mav field getting prepared for its turf installation.   Can’t see Mav field, but it’s installation is also underway.  

• Like 1

Had to update.   The Frisco Wakeland scrimmage was moved from Athens to Sulphur Springs. 

Another year.... another tough non-district schedule.  The Mavs will face three defending district champs from last season that were a combined (31-4).

For the last few seasons Marshall has struggled in non district only to turn it on in district play.  

The Mavs are (31-2) in district since 2015 with 4 district titles in the last 5 seasons.  

Conversely.....they have gone (5-12) in non district in that same time span.  

That Includes Longview, Carthage, and Alvin Shadow Creek, who were a combined (95-13) when we played them.  

Taking those early lumps is no fun.  But I firmly believe they are part of the reason we have done so well in district.  I also think it’s aided in our two region semifinals appearances since 2015.  

Ready for another deep run in 2020!!!!!!

I hear a certain coach in 9-5A isn’t playing nice about transfers that are leaving their home teams (mostly in DFW) to come to ETX to play football this fall instead of sitting the season out. 

He doesn’t seem to have a problem with cross town transfers, though.

But I guess that isn’t any of our business.

50 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

I hear a certain coach in 9-5A isn’t playing nice about transfers that are leaving their home teams (mostly in DFW) to come to ETX to play football this fall instead of sitting the season out. 

Is this d2 or d1

59 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

don't really get why they are leaving? Most big schools will be playing, with the exception of maybe DISD?

On 8/22/2020 at 12:14 PM, Mavchamp said:

Mavchamp....what did you think about DCTF rankings for the district?