2020-21 East Texas 5A Sports Thread

Mavchamp

On 9/16/2020 at 9:32 AM, nacdragon07 said:

That wasn’t because we were broke. The bond failed because of the issues of trust from the last bond that was passed. We find money for what we want. Like the turf for the football field. We feed the athletes at home and away games now. So no I don’t buy that we are broke.

Feed athletes at home games?

With the governor allowing some businesses to increase capacity to 75% on Monday.... I wonder if UIL will increase to 75% too?  

Currently only about 2000 tickets will be sold on the home side in Marshall. Not nearly enough. 

Jax topped Cleveland down in Lufkin 13-7 in 2 live quarters. Cleveland in same district as Lufkin and College Station. Yikes! That’ll be ugly.

In JV part, Soph Ryan McCown threw 7 TDs and ran for 2 TDs. 9 scores in 30 plays. I normally don’t post JV stuff but .....

seven touchdown passes in a  scrimmage is ridiculous

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Jax topped Cleveland down in Lufkin 13-7 in 2 live quarters. Cleveland in same district as Lufkin and College Station. Yikes! That’ll be ugly.

In JV part, Soph Ryan McCown threw 7 TDs and ran for 2 TDs. 9 scores in 30 plays. I normally don’t post JV stuff but .....

seven touchdown passes in a  scrimmage is ridiculous

you think they should move him up

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

Welp.

Maybe it wasn't weather after all last night?

Last night was weather, we didn't have much but what we had was here around the time the scrimmage was supposed to start.  Notifications for Covid came out this morning around 8am.

10 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

Last night was weather, we didn't have much but what we had was here around the time the scrimmage was supposed to start.  Notifications for Covid came out this morning around 8am.

Oh wow. Legacy dodged a bullet then.