2020-21 East Texas 5A Sports Thread

Mavchamp

13 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

you think they should move him up

No, JAX has returning starter in Patrick Clater, a senior. Very good passer, he threw for 1 TD in dead part and 2 TDs in live part. Very good, smart, and a great runner. Ryan needs to get reps and play. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

Last night was weather, we didn't have much but what we had was here around the time the scrimmage was supposed to start.  Notifications for Covid came out this morning around 8am.

What weather are you talking about ?? Did i miss the rain and lighting it literally did nothing.

1 minute ago, nacdragon07 said:

What weather are you talking about ?? Did i miss the rain and lighting it literally did nothing.

Came through Tyler around 3ish yesterday, the line made it just Northwest of town(Nac)and fell apart. The forecast was about 40% chance, but it would have been right around game time. Maybe a few sprinkles and I heard a few rumbles of thunder North of town. Overall it turned out to be nothing, but I don't think the Tyler coach wanted to travel to have it canceled when Friday was a 0% chance of rain.

and now this has happened......

11 minutes ago, nacdragon07 said:

I would try and get at least one non district game in. The district isn’t a cakewalk. I heard some seniors want to quit.

Why would seniors want to quit?  Nacogdoches will have a season to play football, they didn't cancel the schedule.  If all goes well, Nacogdoches still has Tyler High and then schedule someone in your open week, before starting district play with Hallsville. All is not lost. 

I have the sads:(!!

i am sick to my stomach for the kids and the coaches that have worked so hard all summer to be ready to play. Losing two weeks the day before a game hurts!! Hopefully they can rally together after this and play an inspired district schedule!! 

Back the Nac!! Go Dragons!!!

41 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

Why would seniors want to quit?  Nacogdoches will have a season to play football, they didn't cancel the schedule.  If all goes well, Nacogdoches still has Tyler High and then schedule someone in your open week, before starting district play with Hallsville. All is not lost. 

Frustration more then anything.your post is exactly what I was thinking. I hate it for y’all because now y’all have to scramble to find another opponent and that’s not easy. I thought nac would go 1-3 in non district anyway.

22 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

I have the sads:(!!

i am sick to my stomach for the kids and the coaches that have worked so hard all summer to be ready to play. Losing two weeks the day before a game hurts!! Hopefully they can rally together after this and play an inspired district schedule!! 

Back the Nac!! Go Dragons!!!

I know it's hard to find positives right now.  Would feel the same if it were Lufkin, and it could be.  These are crazy times.

MJHS 7th grade White beat Hallsville 6-2 to improve to (1-1) on the season.  

MJHS 7th grade Red beat Hallsville 36-6 to improve to (2-0) on the season. They have outscored their opponents 78-22.

They travel to Mount Pleasant next Monday.  

MJHS 8th grade teams will host Pine Tree tomorrow night. 

• Like 1

East Texas 5A Game 1 PICK-EM:

Longview vs. Temple
Lufkin Vs. Tyler Legacy
Texas High Vs. Tyler
New Caney Vs. Marshall
Princeton Vs. Pine Tree
Cleburne Vs. Hallsville
Whitehouse Vs. Forney
Jacksonville Vs. Crandall
Wylie East Mount Pleasant
Sulphur Springs Vs. Frisco Wakeland
Nacogdoches-  NO GAME/COVID

Longview vs. Temple- Longview

Lufkin Vs. Tyler Legacy- I wouldn't be shocked to see Lee....ummm Legacy win this game.  I'm picking LP because they have been better than the Raiders for sooooo long.  Raiders have made progress.... but I don't think they are at LP's level....yet.  

Texas High Vs. Tyler- Going to take Texarkana.... but you just can't count Joh.....ummmm Tyler High out.  Neither winning would shock me..... but I'm taking the Tigers because of sheer numbers of returning players.  JT needs a QB and their defense will be tested against the Tigers.

New Caney Vs. Marshall-  New Caney is replacing a lot on offense.... AND they have a new coach.  Toss in the long drive to Marshall.... and I like the Mavs.  Like I said in the Marshall thead.... all comes down to QB play for the Mavs IMHO.  

Princeton Vs. Pine Tree-  This one could be a very HIGH SCORING game as both teams have a history of prolific offenses and porous defenses.  Someone could end up scoring 45 in this game and still losing.  I'm going to take PT in a shoot-out.  Game might take 5 hours to play lmao.

Cleburne Vs. Hallsville-  Toss up game, really.  But Hallsville has a new coach, new systems.... and from what I've heard a numbers problem headed into the season.  I'm taking Cleburne.  Bobcats have to dig themselves out of a pretty deep hole right now IMHO.  

Whitehouse Vs. Forney-  Forney was pretty awful last season, going (2-8).  WH is having to replace their entire offense, including their QB, 2 of their top rushers, and most of their WR corps.  Not to mention a Wildcat defense that gave up bushels of points.  Sounds like Forney is just what the doctor ordered.  WH wins comfortably. 

Jacksonville Vs. Crandall-  The Pirates are coming off a (10-3) season, while Jax is still looking for the peices to become a contender in the district.  This is going to be a tough one for the Indians IMHO.  Defense wlll be their downfall in this one.  Crandall wins.

Wylie East Mount Pleasant- This is a tough one to call.  This was a 24-21 MP win last season.... as the Raiders went (2-8).  MP went (5-5), but their success was Vs. the bottom half of the district.  They lost to all the playoff teams by large margins.  Going to take MP for the minor upset as Wylie is a 5A Division I school.

Sulphur Springs Vs. Frisco Wakeland-  Frisco Wakeland showed they can and will give up big plays on defense as Marshall had no less than 7 plays of 30 yards or more against them last Friday in a scrimmage.  If SS can capitalize on that.... I like the WIldcats.  But the game being in Frisco makes it tough to call.  Wakeland in a close one.

Nacogdoches-  The Dragons fall to COVID-19.  

3 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Longview vs. Temple
Lufkin Vs. Tyler Legacy
Texas High Vs. Tyler
New Caney Vs. Marshall
Princeton Vs. Pine Tree
Cleburne Vs. Hallsville
Whitehouse Vs. Forney
Jacksonville Vs. Crandall
Wylie East Mount Pleasant
Sulphur Springs Vs. Frisco Wakeland
Nacogdoches-  NO GAME/COVID

6 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Longview vs. Temple - Lobos pull away in the second half.

Lufkin Vs. Tyler Legacy - Red Raiders escape in the fourth quarter. Super close contest.

Texas High Vs. Tyler - Game closer than the score indicates but Tigers win by multiple scores.

New Caney Vs. Marshall - Going with NC in a squeaker.

Princeton Vs. Pine Tree - Pirates open the season with a blow out win.

Cleburne Vs. Hallsville - Don't know much about Cleburne, but still picking them to win.

Whitehouse Vs. Forney - Whitehouse picks up a dominant victory.

Jacksonville Vs. Crandall - Indians in a close one.

Wylie East Vs. Mount Pleasant - Mount Pleasant pulls away in fourth quarter.

Sulphur Springs Vs. Frisco Wakeland - No idea about either team so going with the Frisco squad.

Nacogdoches - NO GAME/COVID - Sorry Dragons, COVID wins.

7 day into the big Q and we have not had anymore reported cases from players or coaches. Hoping this will be the only one, or at least we are able to trace exposure and not Q the whole team!!

Hoping we are back at it for Tyler High on Oct 9th. 

• Like 1

Well, Lufkin has 3 or 4 options to play a replacement team, either a 5A or 6A opponent in place of Nacogdoches. Probably will lose our home game and need to meet half way to play the game on that Friday night , Oct 2nd.  Coach Quick said he will announce opponent next Tuesday or Wednesday.

29 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

7 day into the big Q and we have not had anymore reported cases from players or coaches. Hoping this will be the only one, or at least we are able to trace exposure and not Q the whole team!!

Hoping we are back at it for Tyler High on Oct 9th. 

Hopefully the four people that tested positive are doing ok now.