New Caney Vs. Marshall
Princeton Vs. Pine Tree
Cleburne Vs. Hallsville
Whitehouse Vs. Forney
Jacksonville Vs. Crandall
Wylie East Mount Pleasant
Sulphur Springs Vs. Frisco Wakeland
Nacogdoches-  NO GAME/COVID

Gimme the Lobos over Temple in a nailbiter...

Lufkin over Tyler-Legacy
Texarkana over Tyler High
Marshall over New Caney
Longview-Pine Tree over Princeton
Cleburne over Longview-Hallsville
Whitehouse over Forney
Jacksonville over Crandall
Wylie-East over Mount Pleasant
Frisco-Wakeland over Sulphur Springs

21 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Longview vs. Temple- Longview

Lufkin Vs. Tyler Legacy- I wouldn't be shocked to see Lee....ummm Legacy win this game.  I'm picking LP because they have been better than the Raiders for sooooo long.  Raiders have made progress.... but I don't think they are at LP's level....yet.  

Texas High Vs. Tyler- Going to take Texarkana.... but you just can't count Joh.....ummmm Tyler High out.  Neither winning would shock me..... but I'm taking the Tigers because of sheer numbers of returning players.  JT needs a QB and their defense will be tested against the Tigers.

New Caney Vs. Marshall-  New Caney is replacing a lot on offense.... AND they have a new coach.  Toss in the long drive to Marshall.... and I like the Mavs.  Like I said in the Marshall thead.... all comes down to QB play for the Mavs IMHO.  

Princeton Vs. Pine Tree-  This one could be a very HIGH SCORING game as both teams have a history of prolific offenses and porous defenses.  Someone could end up scoring 45 in this game and still losing.  I'm going to take PT in a shoot-out.  Game might take 5 hours to play lmao.

Cleburne Vs. Hallsville-  Toss up game, really.  But Hallsville has a new coach, new systems.... and from what I've heard a numbers problem headed into the season.  I'm taking Cleburne.  Bobcats have to dig themselves out of a pretty deep hole right now IMHO.  

Whitehouse Vs. Forney-  Forney was pretty awful last season, going (2-8).  WH is having to replace their entire offense, including their QB, 2 of their top rushers, and most of their WR corps.  Not to mention a Wildcat defense that gave up bushels of points.  Sounds like Forney is just what the doctor ordered.  WH wins comfortably. 

Jacksonville Vs. Crandall-  The Pirates are coming off a (10-3) season, while Jax is still looking for the peices to become a contender in the district.  This is going to be a tough one for the Indians IMHO.  Defense wlll be their downfall in this one.  Crandall wins.

Wylie East Mount Pleasant- This is a tough one to call.  This was a 24-21 MP win last season.... as the Raiders went (2-8).  MP went (5-5), but their success was Vs. the bottom half of the district.  They lost to all the playoff teams by large margins.  Going to take MP for the minor upset as Wylie is a 5A Division I school.

Sulphur Springs Vs. Frisco Wakeland-  Frisco Wakeland showed they can and will give up big plays on defense as Marshall had no less than 7 plays of 30 yards or more against them last Friday in a scrimmage.  If SS can capitalize on that.... I like the WIldcats.  But the game being in Frisco makes it tough to call.  Wakeland in a close one.

Nacogdoches-  The Dragons fall to COVID-19.  

MP won last year over Wylie East 41-24, also, maybe they did win over the bottom half, but all but 1 of those was picked over MP

Huntsville vs. Nederland cancelled due to Covid.  Huntsville apparently inquiring to add Boerne Champion as a replacement.  Also a 5A-II school near San Antonio whose game was cancelled.  Hopefully they can make it happen.  

Update: Boerne found a game closer to home.  Huntsville still looking

17 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Same!!!!!! 
More like Longvew-Marshall-Hallsville. 

Not many Hallsville natives on their roster I’m willing to bet. 

They get all of East Longview. Lot of nice subdivisions out there that would otherwise be zoned to Longview. 

We're talking about at least an 800 student boost for LHS.

They dont get everyone though, I know some folks zoned to Hallsville that still send their kids to LHS cause its much closer.

Places like Hallsville and Whitehouse roach off surrounding cities, its crazy. Whitehouse has buses coming all the way up to Shiloh Rd in Tyler. Insane.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

They dont get everyone though, I know some folks zoned to Hallsville that still send their kids to LHS cause its much closer.

We get a crazy amount of transfers in from HISD. Literally hundreds. 

3 hours ago, ANTI said:

They get all of East Longview. Lot of nice subdivisions out there that would otherwise be zoned to Longview. 

We're talking about at least an 800 student boost for LHS.

Places like Hallsville and Whitehouse roach off surrounding cities, its crazy. Whitehouse has buses coming all the way up to Shiloh Rd in Tyler. Insane.

Most of whitehouse lindale and chapel hills kids comes from Tyler, and some kids from Tyler go to van and Winona.

33 minutes ago, cujoforlife said:

Most of whitehouse lindale and chapel hills kids comes from Tyler, and some kids from Tyler go to van and Winona.

Well I mean, I give Chapel Hill the benefit of the doubt since they have a Tyler address anyway.

Whitehouse a whole seperate city.

Where does Lindale's lines dip into Tyler?

44 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Well I mean, I give Chapel Hill the benefit of the doubt since they have a Tyler address anyway.

Whitehouse a whole seperate city.

Where does Lindale's lines dip into Tyler?

Hallsville is a whole seperate city too.

But like Hallsville, Whitehouse district lines come into Tyler. They aren't that far from Robert E. Lee.   Chapel Hill lines come into Tyler as well.    Lindale...hmmm kinda, but I wouldn't say Tyler is losing kids to Lindale.  The Charters and Privates hurt TISD the most. 

Well..... I went (8-2) on my picks for East Texas 5A.  

Only missed Longview and Lufkin, both of which were beaten in shocking fashion IMHO.  Never would have predicted either. 

Ill post week 2 games later today for discussion.  

East Texas Week 6 games:

Who you got and why?

Longview Vs. Marshall
Tyler Vs. Tyler Legacy
Denison Vs. Texas High
Pine Tree Vs. Crandall
Mt. Pleasant Vs. Sherman
Whitehouse Vs. Royse City 
Hallsville Vs. Frisco Memorial (Saturday)
Cleburne Vs. Jacksonville
Nacogdoches Vs. Lufkin- CX

Longview Vs. Marshall-  Hope springs eternal.  Mavs in a barnburner.

Tyler Vs. Tyler Legacy-   TL may have shocked East Texas last week..... but they aren't sneaking up on anyone again in 2020.  I saw JT struggle with Texarkana on Thursday.... so I'm taking TL....but I think it'll be closer than either game was last week.  Raiders in a close battle.

Denison Vs. Texas High- This has the potential of being a good game.  Denison is coming off of a dominating performance of their rivals from Sherman.  The Tigers made easy work of Tyler.  Texarkana's O/D lines are BEAST.  The biggest question for them appears to be the QB....which was done by committee last week.  Texarkana pulls away in the second half for the win.

Pine Tree Vs. Crandall-  PT beat Princeton handily 55-30.  The Pirates scoring 55 shocked no one.  They may have the best offense in Eat Texas this season.  Giving up 30 to them might be a little more disturbing if you're a PT fan.  Crandall struggled with Jacksonville last week, but won.  This could be another high-scoring affair.  I'll take the Pirates.  

Mt. Pleasant Vs. Sherman-  The Tigers completely dominated Wylie East Friday while Sherman fell to Denison.  It looks like MP has found an explosive offense and an improved defense in 2020.  I'll take MP in a comfortable win.

Whitehouse Vs. Royse City- Whitehouse made easy work of a weak Forney team last week, while RC exploded for 55 points against a weak Centennial team.  Looks like RC's offense is picking up where it left off last year.... WH is still looking to replace most of their offense from 2019.  I'll take RC.

Cleburne Vs. Jacksonville-  Cleburne made easy work of Hallsville last week, dropping 42 points on the Bobcats, while Jacksonville hung tough Vs. Crandall.  It's hard to get a win in the historic Tomato Bowl...... this game could be a barnburner.  Wouldn't be shocked if either won.... but I'm taking Cleburne because it seems their offense may be more on track than Jacksonville's.

Hallsville Vs. Frisco Memorial (Saturday)-  I said in my first week's picks that I think Hallsville has a DEEP hole to dig out of..... last week proved that with a 42-26 loss to Cleburne.  Meanwhile Memorial lost to Justin Northwest 21-20.  This may be the Bobcat's biggest chance at a win this season..... tough one to call simply because I know so little about Memorial.  But Hallsville seems to looking for an identity.  I'll take Frisco.

Good luck this week!

Longview Vs. Marshall- Longview in a blowout
Tyler Vs. Tyler Legacy- Legacy In blowout, I will be very suprised if Tyler wins somehow, with such terrible play calling on both sides of the ball
Denison Vs. Texas High- Denison in a upset
Pine Tree Vs. Crandall- Pine Tress
Mt. Pleasant Vs. Sherman- Sherman
Whitehouse Vs. Royse City- RC
Hallsville Vs. Frisco Memorial (Saturday)- Memorial Big
Cleburne Vs. Jacksonville- Cleburne
Nacogdoches Vs. Lufkin- CX- COVID wins again

2 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Wonder if Lufkin will get a last second add on???  

They sure need to play somebody after the shellacking they took last Friday. Quick said in the paper he had 3 or 4 possibilities, he would know early this week if anything will be done.  They still may be in shock for all I know.

33 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

They sure need to play somebody after the shellacking they took last Friday. Quick said in the paper he had 3 or 4 possibilities, he would know early this week if anything will be done.  They still may be in shock for all I know.

Hope y’all get a game scheduled! 

I know you had some interest in the Marshall/NC game.   I think y’all should be able to beat them.  All boils down to stopping their running attack.   They aren’t flashy.

Good luck to y’all this season. 

• Like 1