2020-21 East Texas 5A Sports Thread

Mavchamp

Ugly win over Jacksonville 42-21.

A win is a win..... but man.... 

How do you complain about a 21 point win?

But when you see so many mistakes...... you know it could have/should have been by so much more.

Now we get Texas High.

Texas High is (5-0).  Their opponents are a combined (5-19)
Marshall is (3-2).  Their opponents are a combined (14-11-1) 

We are gonna be massive underdogs this week..... pulling for the huge upset

54 minutes ago, JoeBurns23 said:

Very ugly win by Marshall. Completely disgusted with the lack of sportsmanship they displayed. Heard this about them before but that was awful to watch. Great athletes but hope they get that fixed because that trash isn't fun to watch.

Coming from a Whitehouse fan?????  LMAOOOOOOOOO!!!  

Especially one in denial about the antics his (multiple sports) teams AND FANS are KNOWN for doing.

NEXT.

It was chippy last night night..... from both sides.  

12 minutes ago, JoeBurns23 said:

AND Calling it "Chippy" on both sides is BS!! I think JAX is just responding to that ####. What do you think 16-17 year old kids are going to do?? I've seen them play early this season and never saw anything that would be close to a 15 yard penalty. 

Jacksonville should have had an ejection last night.  Even the Jax radio guys we’re making jokes about it. They even admitted he should have been tossed. 

Wonder why my comments keep getting deleted?? This has nothing to do with WH. I was at the game watching a kid. 0 coaches talked to the mavs athletes about their taunting for 4 quarters! It was AWFUL to watch. I've seen JAX play earlier this year and that never happened till last night. 

12 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Jacksonville should have had an ejection last night.  Even the Jax radio guys we’re making jokes about it. They even admitted he should have been tossed. 

Yes he should have been ejected. BUT Again, that is their response from Marshall trash talk and taunting all night. Guarantee JAX won't have the issues they had last night again this season.

2 minutes ago, JoeBurns23 said:

Yes he should have been ejected. BUT Again, that is their response from Marshall trash talk and taunting all night. Guarantee JAX won't have the issues they had last night again this season.

So Jax was just reacting to Marshall and that’s OK....

But Marshall reacting to the pisspoor officiating they got all night isn’t? 

Both teams were jawing. Both got chippy. It’s a fact. 

Marshall was chippy in the first half after stinking the place up coupled with some atrocious calls against them. 

Jax was chippy in second half after the game started slipping away from them and we shut them down offensively. 

Take off the team colored glasses. 

Both teams showed some ugliness. Even the Jacksonville Angels. 

5 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Still trying to process a Whitehouse fan lecturing on sportsmanship.....

get real. 

I support JAX, WH, & Lindale pretty much the same. Stop deflecting on the fact Marshall played classless last night... That was clear to anyone there on both sides.

Just now, JoeBurns23 said:

I support JAX, WH, & Lindale pretty much the same. Stop deflecting on the fact Marshall played classless last night... That was clear to anyone there on both sides.

I’m not deflecting anything. 
I said both sides were chippy. 
Saying otherwise is disingenuous. 

No comment on the reversal?  Talk about deflection. 

District 10-5A II  Update –

This weeks scores:

Huntsville  27   A&M Consolidated 7

Lake Creek  61  Bryan Rudder 25    

Montgomery  42   Fulshear  26

Close games were expected this week, but that didn’t happen.  Huntsville asserted themselves and showed why they should be the Region 3 favorite.  Lake Creek somewhat surprisingly routed Bryan Rudder.  Montgomery continues to impress and be in the playoff hunt.

Current Rankings:

1.  Huntsville       5-0,  2-0

2.  A&M Consolidated   5-1,  1-1 

3.  Lake Creek    5-1,  2-0 

4.  Bryan Rudder  4-2,  0-2  

5.  Montgomery   3-2,  1-0

6.  Fulshear     4-2,  0-2

7.  Lamar Consolidated  0-5,  0-1

Big Games Next week:

Montgomery at Bryan Rudder  -  Another toss up game.  This is likely for the #4 playoff spot. 

Lake Creek at A&M Consolidated   – How good is Lake Creek?  They should be playoff bound after destroying Rudder.  Now they get a crack at one of the Top 2 in this district.  

With matchups of 2 vs. 3 and 4 vs. 5, the pecking order of this district will become much more clear after next weekend.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, EazyMoney said:

District 10-5A II  Update –

This weeks scores:

Huntsville  27   A&M Consolidated 7

Lake Creek  61  Bryan Rudder 25    

Montgomery  42   Fulshear  26

Close games were expected this week, but that didn’t happen.  Huntsville asserted themselves and showed why they should be the Region 3 favorite.  Lake Creek somewhat surprisingly routed Bryan Rudder.  Montgomery continues to impress and be in the playoff hunt.

Current Rankings:

1.  Huntsville       5-0,  2-0

2.  A&M Consolidated   5-1,  1-1 

3.  Lake Creek    5-1,  2-0 

4.  Bryan Rudder  4-2,  0-2  

5.  Montgomery   3-2,  1-0

6.  Fulshear     4-2,  0-2

7.  Lamar Consolidated  0-5,  0-1

Big Games Next week:

Montgomery at Bryan Rudder  -  Another toss up game.  This is likely for the #4 playoff spot. 

Lake Creek at A&M Consolidated   – How good is Lake Creek?  They should be playoff bound after destroying Rudder.  Now they get a crack at one of the Top 2 in this district.  

With matchups of 2 vs. 3 and 4 vs. 5, the pecking order of this district will become much more clear after next weekend.

This district is scary good.  Has been for several years now.

Week 6 Recap:
Texas High beat Hallsville 56-17
Marshall beat Jacksonville 42-21
Pine Tree beat Nacogdoches 34-7
Whitehouse beat Mount Pleasant 33-21
Ennis beat Royse City 71-18
Crandall beat Forney 57-54
North Forney beat Sulphur Springs 56-21
Greenville beat Corsicana 49-28
Longview beat Wylie East 52-17
McKinney North beat West Mesquite 45-32
Highland Park beat Sherman 41-21
Porter beat Cleveland 42-0
Lufkin beat New Caney 13-7 (OT)
Magnolia beat Caney Creek 56-0
Magnolia West beat Waller 56-28
College Station- OFF
Tyler- OFF

---------------

District 8-5A DIV II

ZONE A
Ennis (1-0)(4-0)
Crandall (1-0) (4-1)
Royse City (0-1) (2-2)
Forney (0-1) (0-7)

ZONE B
North Forney (1-0) (5-0)
Greenville (1-0) (3-1)
Corsicana (0-1) (2-4)
Sulphur Springs (0-1) (0-3)

Everything basically started over for the district because of so many missed games.  They moved to zone play.  Each team will play 3 zone games.  Seeding games will be the winner of Zone A playing the winner of Zone B for the district’s No. 1 and No. 2 playoff berths and the second-place teams from each zone playing for the No. 3 and No. 4 playoff berths. If either of those zoned seeding games end up being matchups between two schools that have already played, then the score of their already completed game would determine playoff spots and they wouldn’t play the seeding game.

Ennis and Crandall flexed their way to the top of Zone A, putting Forney and RC on notice.  Another loss would greatly hinder their chances of advancing to the crossover games.

North Forney and Greenville sit atop Zone B.... putting Corsicana and SS behind the eight ball.  

District 9-5A DIV II
Texas High (5-0) (2-0)
Whitehouse (5-0) (2-0)
Pine Tree (4-0-1) (2-0)
Marshall (3-2) (1-1)
Jacksonville (1-4) (1-1)
Mount Pleasant (2-3) (0-2)
Nacogdoches (1-3) (0-2)
Hallsville (0-4) (0-2)

No upsets in the second week of district play, which kept three teams undefeated at the top of the district.  This is setting up some big games in the coming weeks.  Texarkana, WH, and PT are a combined (14-0-1).  Marshall got in the win column with a win over Jacksonville.  MP, Nac, and Hallsville are in early holes for the playoff race.

District 7-5A DIV I
Longview (5-1) (2-0)
Highland Park (3-0) (1-0)
McKinney North (2-3) (2-0)
Sherman (2-5) (1-1)
Tyler (0-4) (0-1)
Wylie East (1-3) (0-2)
West Mesquite (0-6) (0-2)

Highland Park and Longview will finally settle district supremacy this week.  McKinney North seems to have found a bit of a groove.  Sherman holding on to the final playoff slot thus far.  Tyler is in desperation mode to stay in the playoff race.  

District 8-5A DIV I
Magnolia (5-1) (4-0)
Magnolia West (5-1) (3-0)
College Station (5-1) (2-1)
Waller (2-3) (2-1)
Lufkin (3-3) (2-2)
New Caney (2-3) (1-2)
Porter (3-3) (1-3)
Cleveland (1-4) (0-3)
Caney Creek (0-5) (0-3)

Magnolia and Magnolia West continue to set up a monster battle for the district championship.   However, College Station may have something to say about that.  Lufkin continues their creep back up the standings.  The race for 3rd and 4th places could get very cloudy with as many as 4 teams battling it out.  Stay tuned.

------------------

Week 6 Games:
Lufkin Vs. College Station
Waller Vs. Magnolia
Caney Creek Vs. Porter
Cleveland Vs. New Caney
Magnolia West- OFF

Lufkin and College Station are the game of the week in the district.  LP will have to get a tough road win, CS is looking to remain in the district title race.  Magnolia will face Waller in a huge game to keep the Bulldogs in the race.  Porter looking to stay in the race, while New Caney is also in desperation mode for a win.

---

Greenville Vs. North Forney
Ennis Vs. Crandall
Corsicana Vs. Sulphur Springs
Forney Vs. Royse City

Greenville and NF is the game of the week.  The winner will clinch a chance to get a crossover game.  The loser will have to get another win.  Same scenario for Ennis and Crandall, the winner clinches.  The winner of the Corsicana/SS game keeps crossover hopes alive, while the loser will be all but eliminated.  Same for Forney and RC.  

---

Texas High Vs. Marshall
Jacksonville Vs. Pine Tree
Nacogdoches Vs. Mount Pleasant
Whitehouse Vs. Hallsville

Texarkana Vs. Marshall is the game of the week.  Tigers looking to remain on pace with PT and WH at the top of the district.  Marshall needing a signature win to stay in the district title race.  Pine Tree hosts Jax and WH takes on Hallsville in games each will be heavy favorites.  Hallsville, Nac, and MP are all on the verge of elimination.  In what might be one of the most intriguing games of the week, Nac will be in MP.  The winner will keep their playoff hopes alive, while the loser will find themselves on the outside looking in most likely for the postseason. 

---

Highland Park Vs. Longview
West Mesquite Vs. Tyler
Wylie East Vs. McKinney North
Sherman- OFF

Highand Park and Longview will tangle for should be for the district championship this Friday.  Tyler hosts WM in a must win game for the Lions.  McNorth is looking to keep themselves in the thick of things, and Sherman will take the week off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Still a little cloudy.... and some conjecture..... but a glimpse at what 5A D-1 R-III could look like

w9 Texarkana / f10 Lake Creek/Montgomery
r12 Port Neches-Groves / t11 Houston Sterling
w10 Huntsville / f9 Whitehouse/Marshall
r11 Fort Bend Willowridge / t12 Texas City/Nederland
w11 Fort Bend Marshall / f12 Texas City/Nederland
r10 A&M Consolidated / t9 Marshall/Whitehouse
w12 Crosby / f11 Houston Austin
r9 Longview Pine Tree / t10 Lake Creek/Montgomery

24 minutes ago, Aledo said:

I'd be very surprised if Barbers Hill does not make the playoffs. 

They better get it going.

They are (1-4) and still have PNG, Nederland, and Texas City left to play. 

59 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

They better get it going.

They are (1-4) and still have PNG, Nederland, and Texas City left to play. 

I agree that BH should be in the playoffs, and could go anywhere from 2-4.  They had a lot of turnovers against Crosby, but I can’t see them finishing below Texas City.  

2 hours ago, topher805 said:

Week 6 Games:
Lufkin Vs. College Station - CS
Waller Vs. Magnolia - Magnolia
Caney Creek Vs. Porter - Porter
Cleveland Vs. New Caney - NC
Magnolia West- OFF

Kind of a snoozer in this district this week.  CS vs Lufkin might be decent for 3 vs 4 matchup. 

On 10/31/2020 at 1:39 PM, Mavchamp said:

I’m not deflecting anything. 
I said both sides were chippy. 
Saying otherwise is disingenuous. 

No comment on the reversal?  Talk about deflection. 

On the reversal, MAVCHAMP, good for y'all. What I found out on targeting is since officials do not have instant replay, I was told they do not eject unless they are 100% positive it was targeting. So, I guess he was sure our #16 didn't draw back and attempt to punch a Marshall player. LOL!! The reversal of the targeting and the fact they did not throw our kid out really fits how the game was called, IMO :) again, all that happened with FOUR officials on the field. Maybe they just had bad angles (?) BTW, the TD catch by JAX's # 3 in the end zone was good, I have watched it over and over and he toe-tapped his left foot before his right foot went out of bounds -- that was with 5 officials. Good luck this week!

1 hour ago, Matt said:

On the reversal, MAVCHAMP, good for y'all. What I found out on targeting is since officials do not have instant replay, I was told they do not eject unless they are 100% positive it was targeting. So, I guess he was sure our #16 didn't draw back and attempt to punch a Marshall player. LOL!! The reversal of the targeting and the fact they did not throw our kid out really fits how the game was called, IMO :) again, all that happened with FOUR officials on the field. Maybe they just had bad angles (?) BTW, the TD catch by JAX's # 3 in the end zone was good, I have watched it over and over and he toe-tapped his left foot before his right foot went out of bounds -- that was with 5 officials. Good luck this week!

So you can conclusively say the Jax TD was good via replay but can’t do the same to debunk the targeting play????

Thats pretty astonishing team-colored vision.   

The fact that the officiating was horrendous is about the only thing we agree on. Which is ironic. 

Best of of luck this week.