Barbers Hill Vs. Galena Park
Port Neches-Groves Vs. Fort Bend Marshall
Whitehouse Vs. Montgomery
Houston Sterling Vs. Nederland
A&M Consolidated Vs. Pine Tree

--------

Texas High
Bi-District: Lake Creek (6-4)
Area: Crosby (7-3) or Fort Bend Willowridge (7-2)
Regional: Huntsville (9-0) or Galena Park (8-2)
Quarterfinals: Fort Bend Marshall (9-0) or A&M Consolidated (8-2)

Pine Tree
Bi-District: A&M Consolidated (8-2)
Area: Nederland (7-2)
Regional: Fort Bend Marshall (9-0) or Montgomery (7-3)
Quarterfinals: Huntsville (9-0) or Texas High (10-0)

Whitehouse
Bi-District: Montgomery (7-3)
Area: Fort Bend Marshall (9-0)
Regional: A&M Consolidated (8-2)
Quarterfinals: Texas High (10-0)

Nacogdoches
Bi-district:  Huntsville (9-0)
Area: Galena Park (8-2)
Regional: Texas High (10-0)
Quarterfinals: Fort Bend Marshall (9-0) or AMC (8-2)

No easy roads out of Region III for anyone.

Then you likely get Liberty Hill (8-0) in the semis.

Then Ennis (8-0), Aledo (7-1), Lovejoy (10-0), or Frisco in the state championship.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Division II Region III Playoffs and possible playoff roads

Lake Creek Vs. Texas High
Fort Bend Willowridge Vs. Crosby
Nacogdoches Vs. Huntsville
Barbers Hill Vs. Galena Park
Port Neches-Groves Vs. Fort Bend Marshall
Whitehouse Vs. Montgomery
Houston Sterling Vs. Nederland
A&M Consolidated Vs. Pine Tree

--------

Texas High
Bi-District: Lake Creek (6-4)
Area: Crosby (7-3) or Fort Bend Willowridge (7-2)
Regional: Huntsville (9-0) or Galena Park (8-2)
Quarterfinals: Fort Bend Marshall (9-0) or A&M Consolidated (8-2)

Pine Tree
Bi-District: A&M Consolidated (8-2)
Area: Nederland (7-2)
Regional: Fort Bend Marshall (9-0) or Montgomery (7-3)
Quarterfinals: Huntsville (9-0) or Texas High (10-0)

Whitehouse
Bi-District: Montgomery (7-3)
Area: Fort Bend Marshall (9-0)
Regional: A&M Consolidated (8-2)
Quarterfinals: Texas High (10-0)

Nacogdoches

Then Ennis (8-0), Aledo (7-1), Lovejoy (10-0), or Frisco in the state championship.

Great info Mavchamp.  Thanks for your input all season long.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ace said:

Great info Mavchamp.  Thanks for your input all season long.

Very welcome.

That  game just reiterated what I said in my original post about Nederland being a tough out.  They are a very well-coached program.

IMHO..... Crosby moving into the #3 slot gives THS a slightly easier road.

But it makes PT's a little harder.... even though I'm not expecting them to beat AMC.

26 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Division II Region III Playoffs and possible playoff roads

Nacogdoches

Nac will be the Giant Slayers:)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bordertown said:

One noticeable exception.  It’s 2020, maybe just this one time you can pull for them.😎

I'm neutral. I hate to hold that forever against kids that were not there at the time.  But it was unforgiveable.  Just have to remember some people have moved on.  This will follow that coach forever........and unfortunately the team for a long long time.

1 hour ago, THSfanatic said:

I'm neutral. I hate to hold that forever against kids that were not there at the time.  But it was unforgiveable.  Just have to remember some people have moved on.  This will follow that coach forever........and unfortunately the team for a long long time.

I think McFarland retired a few years ago from TK Gorman.

1 hour ago, THSfanatic said:

My dislike is less about that....  it’s been a long time.  It ranks with Philadelphia fans throwing things at Santa.  The legend will live forever.

My disdain is more about the culture. It’s been witnessed by several schools in several sports.  

Ask Lobfan what he witnessed at a volleyball playoff with them. Ask JT about their basketball experiences. Ask Lufkin about their baseball experience. Marshall with football.  Nac reported the same. 

I will say... I didn’t see any of that this season.

So Yeah. 

Go THS!  Go PT!  Go Nac!!!! 

• Like 1

9-5A will go AT LEAST 2-2 this year in the playoffs

THigh - WIN BY 20+

PT - WIN BY 20+ (AMC is as over-rated as the Marshall Mavericks)

WH - 50/50 Chance vs Montgomery

NAC - Lose but closer than you think vs Huntsville

Good luck to ALL 9-5A BEAST TEXAS!!

SIDE NOTE - GO LINDALE EAGLES! (Proving how good 9-5A is when you drop down to 4A)

• Like 2

On 12/5/2020 at 10:22 AM, bordertown said:

The one criticism, I have of the Tigers is they have a tendency to play to their “perceived” level of their opponents. If I were Jerry Sanford, I would relive 2019 when a 4th seed traveled to the home stadium of a state ranked team and came home with a win. Stay focused and play like they are playing Ennis.

I disagree with your post.  Sanford needs to stay away from last season's playoff game coming off of a quality win against Lufkin.  Against Lufkin, that was a tough game but Sanford and Sons Coaching Company completely missed the boat on the offense in the last playoff game.  They decided to exclusively run the ball instead of passing the ball like they were forced to do against Lufkin. Remember now, Texas High lost their running back against Lufkin but they would have had to throw the ball even if they had had him.  In the next game, with a backup running back, the Tigers rarely threw the ball and when they did their division one wide receiver produced a touchdown.  IMHO, it was not the players that played down to the competition, it was the coaching that coached down to the competition or just misjudged the competition.  Texas High did that all of last season for the most part.  Sanford and company have done a better job this year of being more aggressive throwing the ball around this year and honing a productive offense overall this season.  We have not been really tested this year so this game has an air of mystery for me.  It will come down to the offensive line protecting the qb and opening up running lanes and the secondary playing a solid game on defense.

On 12/5/2020 at 5:41 PM, Mavchamp said:

My dislike is less about that....  it’s been a long time.  It ranks with Philadelphia fans throwing things at Santa.  The legend will live forever.

My disdain is more about the culture. It’s been witnessed by several schools in several sports.  

Ask Lobfan what he witnessed at a volleyball playoff with them. Ask JT about their basketball experiences. Ask Lufkin about their baseball experience. Marshall with football.  Nac reported the same. 

I will say... I didn’t see any of that this season.

So Yeah. 

Go THS!  Go PT!  Go Nac!!!! 

LOL🤣

1 hour ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

I disagree with your post.  Sanford needs to stay away from last season's playoff game coming off of a quality win against Lufkin.  Against Lufkin, that was a tough game but Sanford and Sons Coaching Company completely missed the boat on the offense in the last playoff game.  They decided to exclusively run the ball instead of passing the ball like they were forced to do against Lufkin. Remember now, Texas High lost their running back against Lufkin but they would have had to throw the ball even if they had had him.  In the next game, with a backup running back, the Tigers rarely threw the ball and when they did their division one wide receiver produced a touchdown.  IMHO, it was not the players that played down to the competition, it was the coaching that coached down to the competition or just misjudged the competition.  Texas High did that all of last season for the most part.  Sanford and company have done a better job this year of being more aggressive throwing the ball around this year and honing a productive offense overall this season.  We have not been really tested this year so this game has an air of mystery for me.  It will come down to the offensive line protecting the qb and opening up running lanes and the secondary playing a solid game on defense.

You should have been a coach. You would have set records. First coach to never win a game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

You totally missed my point!

3 hours ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

smh

That game against independence was played in the rain,  running the ball was the best option. They had a D1 qb that could play he  picked up a 4th and 8 after half to go up 21-17 and the tables turned next position was a 3 and out and then they returned the punt inside the 15.....cellars got thigh out of a lot of trouble running the ball but Lufkin and west mesquite are prob the only two games when he truly made some plays through the air. he had a D1 guy out wide that made some big time plays against Lufkin. this staff has proven itself. They will return 6 on offense and 6 on defense next year, that’s not including the 3 players that moved in from Le earlier this year one with a D1 offer already. I think thigh will be just fine.

11 hours ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

I hate to be "that guy" on the message board, but the coach of Texas High is Gerry Stanford (as in Stanford University), not Jerry Sanford or Fred Sanford of Sanford and Sons.  (I have gotten pretty good at resisting the temptation to always correct references to "Grimm Stadium" when "Grim Stadium" was intended).  

8 minutes ago, Ace said:

I hate to be "that guy" on the message board, but the coach of Texas High is Gerry Stanford (as in Stanford University), not Jerry Sanford or Fred Sanford of Sanford and Sons.  (I have gotten pretty good at resisting the temptation to always correct references to "Grimm Stadium" when "Grim Stadium" was intended).  

LOL!! That's funny.

With respect to names, when the Tomato Bowl bond issue passed in 2017 and it was renovated, the JISD asked everyone in the media to stop calling it The Tomato Bowl . . . it is now Historic Tomato Bowl . . . not THE Historic Tomato Bowl, or THE Tomato Bowl . . . it is now, "Welcome to Historic Tomato Bowl!"

Just for the record . . .

2 hours ago, Matt said:

LOL!! That's funny.

With respect to names, when the Tomato Bowl bond issue passed in 2017 and it was renovated, the JISD asked everyone in the media to stop calling it The Tomato Bowl . . . it is now Historic Tomato Bowl . . . not THE Historic Tomato Bowl, or THE Tomato Bowl . . . it is now, "Welcome to Historic Tomato Bowl!"

Ironically Nac’s Varsity hasn’t been to Jax since the renovation.

On 12/8/2020 at 9:52 AM, Ace said:

Cool off dude, I did not intentionally disrespect his name.

On 12/8/2020 at 1:25 AM, RonLigma said:

smh

That game against independence was played in the rain,  running the ball was the best option. They had a D1 qb that could play he  picked up a 4th and 8 after half to go up 21-17 and the tables turned next position was a 3 and out and then they returned the punt inside the 15.....cellars got thigh out of a lot of trouble running the ball but Lufkin and west mesquite are prob the only two games when he truly made some plays through the air. he had a D1 guy out wide that made some big time plays against Lufkin. this staff has proven itself. They will return 6 on offense and 6 on defense next year, that’s not including the 3 players that moved in from Le earlier this year one with a D1 offer already. I think thigh will be just fine.

You have a right to your opinion.  I watched just about all of their games and IMHO, the offensive philosophy was spotty all season long.  It is a lot better this season.

On 12/8/2020 at 10:00 AM, Matt said:

LOL!! That's funny.

You would be surprised how many times the coach's name has been spoken incorrectly.  I am not alone in that regard.

• Like 1

On 12/7/2020 at 11:18 PM, Texlov said:

You should have been a coach. You would have set records. First coach to never win a game.

Don't be jealous of me because I am correct in my analysis.  I am looking for an unenlightened person like you to take under my guidance to show the path to true enlightenment to.  I'm the greatest that IS and EVER was!