Magnolia beat McKinney North 48-0
Frisco Lone Star beat Dallas White 61-15

AREA
Denton Ryan Vs. College Station/Sherman winner
Lancaster Vs. Longview
Highland Park Vs. Frisco Independence
Magnolia Vs. Frisco Lone Star

7 minutes ago, EazyMoney said:

9-5A higher seeds won by a combined 36 points (30+6).  10-5A higher seeds won by a combined 36 points (29+7).  I’d call that about as even as it gets.  Good to be the home team tonight.  

1.  I'll eat my crow.... I didn't think PT would compete with AMC.  The Tigers are a proud program with tons of winning tradition and the Pirates took care of business.  Congrats.  They are going to get another big dose of the same thing this coming week in Nederland.  Not a banner year for the Bulldogs.... but they have tons of playoff tradition.  Best of luck PT..... I'm happy for you guys.

2.  I was a little shocked at how THS struggled with Lake Creek in the first half.  But the final score was about what I expected.  Tigers are going to have their hands full with Crosby.  But it's definitely winnable for them.

3.  Nac.... congrats on a strong season.  Defense played well.  Really well.  Offense struggled mightily and it gave too many points to Huntsville.  I still think the Hornets are a favorite for Region III

4.  lmaaaaooooooooooo!!!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

Tiger fans, what was up with that T High offense in the first half?

Went for it on 4th twice inside the 30 and got stopped. I believe one was a def pass interference that would have led to some kind of points. First offensive position thigh got the ball inside the 20 and then threw a int in the end zone. I think the the qb had an off night and it showed. #2 Stewart the starting rb   ..(over 1000 yards through 7 gms)  played maybe one series tonight. I think when fully healthy that makes a difference. Lake creek deserves all the credit. They got after thigh oline and it showed. 

Yeah they went for it twice but it was one of those too close to punt and too far for a FG.   Neither the passing game or the running game was especially effective all night.  I give LC's defense a lot of credit.  QB did not have near the time he usually does.

In the 2nd half the defense just flat shut them down giving us continuous field position advantage. I think we just wore them down.  Our defense rush was just relentless in the 2nd half.  We fumbled the kickoff to start the 2nd half and just pushed them backwards their entire possession. They never recovered.

THS’s first possession, the Tigers moved the ball on LC only to have a pass intercepted in the end zone. This seemed to fire up the LC defense. Their front seven was very good. They pressured the timing of the QB, made some timely sacks, and strung out the run. That being said, the Tiger defense shut down LC. Their touchdown came on a run up the middle where the MLB was having his jersey removed as their back went by. While the missed call resulted in 7 points, I thought the game was well officiated. It had to be blatant for the flag to be thrown. They let the players decide the outcome.

• Like 1

9-5A represented well although some thought they had no chance!!

THigh and PT with a win. PT closer than I thought. I don't see THigh losing this region. 

WH loses a barn burner to Montgomery. Had the lead 31-28. Montgomery gets an INT that leads to FG. WH marches down the field next possession & gets a turnover on downs on the 35 going in with 23 seconds left!! Montgomery runs the ball and hits it 65 yards for a TD with 10 seconds left! I think they were playing for OT. Unbelievable game in the Fog Bowl. Hate that WH takes the L but lots of young WH talent. 

I can see Huntsville, THigh, PT, & Montgomery advancing to Round 3. At least 2 out of 4. 

• Like 1

Longview/Lancaster Friday 7:30 at Mesquite Memorial
Texas High/Crosby Friday 7 PM at  SFASU
Pine Tree Vs. Nederland- Saturday 2PM at SFASU

Going to try and make it to the Texas High game Fri.... and if I can talk my way out of a wedding on Saturday.... I'll go to PT's game too lmao.  

17 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Tiger fans, what was up with that T High offense in the first half?

LC was filling the gaps and bringing an extra man on the outside and up the middle.  That had the offensive line off all night and they could not locate and block the rushers.  I did not understand some of the THS play calling also.  The OL has to pick it up from here on out and there are some players that have got to keep their tempers in check.  They should have had a couple of unsportsmanlike penalties called against them that were not.  QB was definitely off with high throws and one of the wide receivers has to stop sulking when he does not get the ball because the QB had defenders in his face all night and could not go through his progressions.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JoeBurns23 said:

9-5A represented well although some thought they had no chance!!

THigh and PT with a win. PT closer than I thought. I don't see THigh losing this region. 

WH loses a barn burner to Montgomery. Had the lead 31-28. Montgomery gets an INT that leads to FG. WH marches down the field next possession & gets a turnover on downs on the 35 going in with 23 seconds left!! Montgomery runs the ball and hits it 65 yards for a TD with 10 seconds left! I think they were playing for OT. Unbelievable game in the Fog Bowl. Hate that WH takes the L but lots of young WH talent. 

I can see Huntsville, THigh, PT, & Montgomery advancing to Round 3. At least 2 out of 4. 

Agreed. 

T-High,  might’ve been ugly but still dominant from most accounts I’ve heard. Defense is llllllllegit. Think the O-Line will struggle with the more athletic D-Line’s but they got dudes everywhere. Also, nice to have the District #1 seed not pee down their leg in Bi-District. Way to represent. 

PT, couldn’t be happier for Coach Lane. Don’t personally know him, but have followed his story and and his teams. Think they have a shot at Nederland. Like a good one. 

Both 2 vs. 3 games played pretty even. Felt both 3 seeds could’ve won. Thought WH outplayed Montgomery, tough way to lose. Lots and lots of young talent in WH, they’ll be back. 

Nac hung tough, Huntsville is just the real deal. Southern does a great job there.

Good luck to all 9 and 10-5A teams left. Keep collecting gold balls. 

2 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

It would be kinda a waste IMO, do we really expect legacy to compete in that game? 

They are playing 2 more games than most of us are.  

I wouldn’t be throwing rocks at them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mavchamp said:

They are playing 2 more games than most of us are.  

I wouldn’t be throwing rocks at them. 

Ehh. I mean I don’t know I feel Iike making it only to the first or second round is still like missing the playoffs. Idk that’s just my opinion. A lot of that has to do because 4 teams can the make the playoffs so it’s not really an accomplishment to make it in the playoffs. Unless you go 3 or more rounds.

13 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Ehh. I mean I don’t know I feel Iike making it only to the first or second round is still like missing the playoffs. Idk that’s just my opinion. A lot of that has to do because 4 teams can the make the playoffs so it’s not really an accomplishment to make it in the playoffs. Unless you go 3 or more rounds.

Nah bruh...I give them some props. Much better season than Cujo (although I know the bar was set low...lol).  

I think if Tyler High was having the season they are having, conversations would probably be alot different on this forum.