Sulphur Springs 4-5
Marshall 2-6
Texas High 0-9

Game 10- Thurs/Fri
Sulphur Springs beat Texas High 8-2
Pine Tree beat Marshall 7-2
Mt. Pleasant beat Hallsville 5-2
Longview- OFF

The stage is set for the showdown rematch of Longview Vs. MP on Saturday. 

Pine Tree is firmly set in the #3 slot... but the final playoff slot could be a good one between Hallsville and SS.  The Bobcats have Texas High, while SS has Marshall.

It's crunch time!

-----------------------------------------------------

DISTRICT 16-5A BOYS SOCCER
Whitehouse 7-2
Lufkin 7-2
Tyler 2-3-3
Nacogdoches 3-3-3
Jacksonville 1-5-3
Huntsville 0-5-3

Game 9
Whitehouse beat Huntsville 2-1
Lufkin beat Tyler 5-4
Nacogdoches beat Jacksonville score? 

Whitehouse has all but wrapped up the district title thanks to their sweep of LP.  However... if the Wildcats slip up in the final week, the Panthers would love to slip into that #1 slot.  The race for 3rd/4th appears to be between Tyler and Nac with the score of the Nac/Jax game pending.

DISTRICT 15-5A GIRLS SOCCER
Longview 8-0
Hallsville 4-3-1
Mount Pleasant 4-3-2
Pine Tree 5-4
Sulphur Springs 4-4-1
Texas High 3-6
Marshall 0-8

Game 10
Pine Tree beat Marshall 3-0
SS beat THS 4-2
MP beat Hallsville 1-0
Longview- OFF

Longview is in firm control of the district title.  However the race for 2, 3, 4 could be a photo finish with four teams in the running for the three slots.  

DISTRICT 16-5A GIRLS SOCCER
Jacksonville 8-0-1
Huntsville 3-2-3
Lufkin 4-3-2
Whitehouse 4-5
Nacogdoches 2-5-2
Tyler 1-7-1

Game 9
Huntsville beat Whitehouse 1-0
Lufkin beat Tyler 1-0
Jacksonville beat Nacogdoches 2-0

DISTRICT 15-5A SOFTBALL

Marshall 1-0
Hallsville 1-0
Mount Pleasant 1-0
Sulphur Springs 0-0
Longview 0-1
Pine Tree 1-0
Mount Pleasant 0-0

Game 1
Marshall beat Longview 4-1
Hallsville beat Pine Tree 1-0
Mount Pleasant beat Texas High 11-1
Sulphur Springs- OFF

--------

District 16-5A softball starts district play on March 19

On 2/28/2021 at 7:34 PM, ANTI said:

Yeah you're right....forgot PAM edged out a ship that year. But before that, Ozen in 2001.

Long time regardless.

in 5a, it looks like Beaumont United and Amarillo both made it to state tournament (semi finals).  One of the other schools is Glenn High school. Never heard of the this school, but its only about 5 yrs old. Its in Leander,TX a suburb of Austin, but its way on the outskirts. I guess it can be considered a metro area school. 

29 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Longview pulls out 1-0 wins over Mount Pleasant this afternoon.

Lobos improve to 8-0-1 in district while Lady Lobos improve to 9-0.

Damn they're rolling.

Baseball team doing good too.

Lady Mavs won their tourney today. Improve to 7–2-2 on the season. They resume district play on Tuesday vs MP. 

The Mavs closed out the Spring Hill tourney with a 3-1 record that included a 7-3 win over Carthage. They are 5-4 on the season.  Mavs will host Texas High for their district opener on Tuesday. 

1 hour ago, Mavchamp said:

Lady Mavs won their tourney today. Improve to 7–2-2 on the season. They resume district play on Tuesday vs MP. 

The Mavs closed out the Spring Hill tourney with a 3-1 record that included a 7-3 win over Carthage. They are 5-4 on the season.  Mavs will host Texas High for their district opener on Tuesday. 

Texas High is 10-6 on the season after falling to Atlanta, 8-4, today in the Battle on the Border tournament at T High. Tigers went 1-1-1 in the tournament.

Interesting that Longview was up there the last two days (Lobos went 4-0 in the tournament) but never faced T High. Ended up facing Liberty Eylau twice instead.

Anyways, interesting to see T High fall to Atlanta after Longview run ruled them yesterday, 14-2.

Texas High has ruled this district in its different forms for the last 15 seasons or so with a few exceptions of Marshall or Hallsville stealing a few from them. 

District looks stacked. 3 traditional baseball winners in THS, Hallsville, and Marshall.  Longview has looked good. SS is never an easy out either.  Could shape up to be a very good race. 

2 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Texas High has ruled this district in its different forms for the last 15 seasons or so with a few exceptions of Marshall or Hallsville stealing a few from them. 

District looks stacked. 3 traditional baseball winners in THS, Hallsville, and Marshall.  Longview has looked good. SS is never an easy out either.  Could shape up to be a very good race. 

Someone good won't make the playoffs, thats for sure.

15 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Someone good won't make the playoffs, thats for sure.

Maybe 2 good someones. 
I don’t see anyone running the table TBH  

Records at the end of the season may be unimpressive. But there will likely be some good teams with multiple losses headed to the playoffs.  

• Like 1

Tyler High baseball has played well this yr. I think they won 4 games over the past week, bringing their record to like 6-4 on the yr.   I'm not sure when the last time they won 6 games in a season.  Great job by coaches and players.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

Tyler High baseball has played well this yr. I think they won 4 games over the past week, bringing their record to like 6-4 on the yr.   I'm not sure when the last time they won 6 games in a season.  Great job by coaches and players.

That's great to hear and kind of funny at the same time. I know they got a full time baseball coach a few years back. I don't know if the same coach is still there. Regardless, that's some major improvement. 

13 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Mavchamp, I tried to find some records for the last 15 years or so but I have not been successful in my research.  Perhaps Mavgrad may have some but I question the bolded statement above.  Hallsville is annually strong in baseball.  It is definitely one and two for baseball between TX High and Hallsville but I am not sure which one is on top.  Marshall I would think would be a far distant third at best.

9 minutes ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

Mavchamp, I tried to find some records for the last 15 years or so but I have not been successful in my research.  Perhaps Mavgrad may have some but I question the bolded statement above.  Hallsville is annually strong in baseball.  It is definitely one and two for baseball between TX High and Hallsville but I am not sure which one is on top.  Marshall I would think would be a far distant third at best.

Texas high has a baseball state championship to go with the district titles.

No one else in the district can claim that. 

5 minutes ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

That is right.  Hallsville has made it to State a few years ago.  But have they (TH)  "ruled" the district yearly?

I’d have to research it to be sure......But I think Texas High  has more district titles than Hallsville does in the last 15 years.  Wouldnt be shocked if they had more playoff wins too  

Didn’t realize it was that “bold” of a statement. Their district success, playoff success, and gold trophy might have blinded me a little.   

Sorry. Wasn’t trying to slight Hallsville. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, VonG said:

That's great to hear and kind of funny at the same time. I know they got a full time baseball coach a few years back. I don't know if the same coach is still there. Regardless, that's some major improvement. 

that coach left I think at the end of last yr. They got a new coach for this yr. But I think the previous guy did a good job on building a foundation for this program.  New coach is doing a good job too.  If they can get a solid little league program back in place in N.Tyler, then we will see some real progress. 

41 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

I’d have to research it to be sure......But I think Texas High  has more district titles than Hallsville does in the last 15 years.  Wouldnt be shocked if they had more playoff wins too  

Didn’t realize it was that “bold” of a statement. Their district success, playoff success, and gold trophy might have blinded me a little.   

Sorry. Wasn’t trying to slight Hallsville. 

“Bold” as in “bold text” not “bold” as in a grandiose statement.

2 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

that coach left I think at the end of last yr. They got a new coach for this yr. But I think the previous guy did a good job on building a foundation for this program.  New coach is doing a good job too.  If they can get a solid little league program back in place in N.Tyler, then we will see some real progress. 

When Coach Russell died, the little league baseball in North Tyler just fell to the wayside.

Mavchamp, refresh the recollection of this Texas High fan please.   In the not too distant past, Marshall had a kid that was an outstanding football player drawing college football offers, but he was an even better baseball player.  I saw him play both sports against Texas High and he was the type athlete that jumped out at you as the best player on the field.   If I recall correctly he was a catcher and was pledged to play baseball at Texas A&M.   Please remind me of the young man's name.    How has his post-high school career gone, if you know?   

16 hours ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

That is right.  Hallsville has made it to State a few years ago.  But have they (TH)  "ruled" the district yearly?

Hallsville has won ten district championships in the last 15 years in baseball. 

That leaves five for everyone else. 

1 hour ago, Ace said:

Mavchamp, refresh the recollection of this Texas High fan please.   In the not too distant past, Marshall had a kid that was an outstanding football player drawing college football offers, but he was an even better baseball player.  I saw him play both sports against Texas High and he was the type athlete that jumped out at you as the best player on the field.   If I recall correctly he was a catcher and was pledged to play baseball at Texas A&M.   Please remind me of the young man's name.    How has his post-high school career gone, if you know?   

Cam Haller i think he transferred out of aggieland

Lady Lobos (16-3-1, 9-0) can clinch the district crown tonight as they travel to Texarkana to get on Texas High. Longview is 10-0 all-time against the Lady Tigers. A win in regulation, shootout or even a shootout loss would clinch the title.

Lobos (13-5-1, 8-0-1) can pull to within a game of clinching the district crown as they host the Tigers. Just as the Lady Lobos are undefeated all-time against Texas High, so are the boys. Longview is 15-0-0 all-time against T High.

Clinching the district crown is much more important, I feel, for the Lobos as opposed for the Lady Lobos, just with who they would face in the first round if they don't clinch.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, txk85 said:

Cam Haller i think he transferred out of aggieland

Cam actually transferred to Cisco from A&M.....I happened to be in Lafayette and spoke to him when his college summer league team played a game there (the summer between A&M and Cisco)....he was looking forward to getting started at Cisco.....not sure what happed after Cisco.....he was definitely a stud in his years at MHS, and a great kid as well.....