7.  Sulphur Springs 48
8.  Nacogdoches 35
9.  Lufkin 33
10.  Pine Tree 22
11.  Whitehouse 10
12.  Tyler 8
13.  Mount Pleasant 1

16 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Man, what is the deal with Pine Tree baseball?

Aren't they usually pretty decent?

I'm waaaay out of the baseball loop, but a daddy-coach I go to church with said that, while the Longview-area baseball talent pool has historically been pretty much divided between Hallsville and Pine Tree (leaning mostly toward Hallsville), more kids have started staying in the Lobo program. The result is that, while Hallsville is still getting the top-tier baseball talent, Pine Tree and LHS are more even with the average to slightly above-average baseballers.   

@LoboFan07 or @ANTI might be able to confirm or rebut that. Like I said, this is just a baseball daddy in my Sunday School class. Could be full of crap. 

29 minutes ago, LOL said:

I'm waaaay out of the baseball loop, but a daddy-coach I go to church with said that, while the Longview-area baseball talent pool has historically been pretty much divided between Hallsville and Pine Tree (leaning mostly toward Hallsville), more kids have started staying in the Lobo program. The result is that, while Hallsville is still getting the top-tier baseball talent, Pine Tree and LHS are more even with the average to slightly above-average baseballers.   

@LoboFan07 or @ANTI might be able to confirm or rebut that. Like I said, this is just a baseball daddy in my Sunday School class. Could be full of ####. 

I am not in the loop in the 5A sports like I am in the lower classifications, but that was my first guess at to what was happening.

• Like 1

Texas High Boy’s golf team advanced to the state tournament in Georgetown after finishing 2nd at the 5A Region II tournament held in Rockwall. Tigers shot 596 to finish behind Highland Park Blue (580) and ahead of Highland Park Gold (599). Thomas Curry (So) was the low medalist, shooting 71-71=142 (-2). Earlier this season the Tigers defeated Scots at a tournament.

22 hours ago, LOL said:

@LoboFan07 or @ANTI might be able to confirm or rebut that. Like I said, this is just a baseball daddy in my Sunday School class. Could be full of ####. 

Pretty much spot on.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, PackAttack said:

Lufkin got their game in at Tyler High today @ 4 PM with a 17-0 win.

Lufkin Softball game was moved to Saturday because of weather, then Nacogdoches said they could not play at all on Saturday, now the game is Monday.

Nac. couldn't play because of track on Saturday.

FINAL DISTRICT 15-5A SOFTBALL
Hallsville (11-1) (18-5-1)*
Sulphur Springs (11-1), (21-3)*
Mount Pleasant (8-4) (18-8)*
Texas High (6-6), (12-10)*
Marshall (4-8), (12-11-1)
Longview (2-10), (10-11)
Pine Tree (0-12) (1-21)

PLAYOFF SEEDING GAME
Hallsville Vs Sulphur Springs- Monday at Mt. Pleasant

The regular season is over and determining the seeding for the #1 and #2 slots needs to be decided.  MP has the #3 slot and Texarkana has the #4 spot.

-----------------------------------------------------

DISTRICT 16-5A SOFTBALL
Huntsville (10-0), (24-3)
Jacksonville (7-3), (12-12)
Whitehouse (7-3), (13-8-1)
Lufkin (3-6), (12-11)
Nacogdoches (2-7), (2-16)
Tyler (0-10), (1-13-2)

Game 10
Huntsville beat Jacksonville 14-4
Whitehouse beat Tyler 13-0
Nacogdoches Vs, Lufkin - Monday 5PM

Huntsville wrapped up a perfect district season with their win over Jacksonville.  The Lady hornets will face off against Texas High in the first round of the playoffs.  Jacksonville takes the #2 slot.  LP and Nac will play Monday.  An LP win will give Lufkin the #3 slot and Nac will settle in the the 4th playoff spot.  A Nac win would force a tie breaking game between them to determine the #3 and #4 seedings.

SOFTBALL PLAYOFF MATCH-UPS (BI-DISTRICT)

Hallsville/Sulphur Springs winner Vs. Lufkin/Nac loser
Hallsville/Sulphur Springs loser Vs. Lufkin/Nac winner
Huntsville Vs. Texas High
Jacksonville Vs. Mount Pleasant

DISTRICT 15-5A BASEBALL
Hallsville (9-1), (21-5)
Longview (8-3), (20-6-1)
Texas High (7-5), (13-7-1)
Marshall (6-5), (12-12)
Sulphur Springs (6-5), (10-14)
Pine Tree (1-9), (4-18)
Mount Pleasant (1-10), (7-16-1)

GAME 13
Longview beat Marshall 5-1
Texas High beat Mount Pleasant 17-2
Hallsville Vs. Pine Tree PPD
Sulphur Springs- OFF

Hallsville has clinched the district championship.  Longview has clinched the #2 slot and Texarkana has clinched the #3 slot.  The fourth and final slot is still up for grabs between Marshall and Sulphur Springs.

Marshall closes out the season at Mount Pleasant while Sulphur Springs closes out against Hallsville.  A Mav win over MP coupled with a SS loss to Hallsville will give the final playoff slot to Marshall.  A Marshall loss and a SS win will give the slot to the Wildcats.  If both Marshall and SS win....  or lose.... they will need a showdown to determine who makes the playoffs.

DISTRICT 16-5A BASEBALL

Whitehouse (11-2), (22-5-1)
Lufkin (10-3), (21-6-1)
Nacogdoches (9-4), (22-7)
Huntsville (6-7), (13-16)
Jacksonville (3-10),  (11-16)
Tyler (0-13), (8-20)

Games 13
Whitehouse beat Huntsville 4-3
Nacogdoches beat Jacksonville 8-1
Lufkin beat Tyler 17-0

This district is loaded with good baseball teams.  WH still sits at the top with a one game lead over LP.  Nac sits in third and Huntsville clinched the #4 slot with Jacksonville's loss on Friday.  Each team has two more games.... and the race for 1-2-3 should be a good one.  LP is 1 game behind WH.... Nac is one game behind LP.  Looks to be a photo finish as each awaits the other to slip up.