2020-21 East Texas 5A Sports Thread

Mavchamp

On 4/29/2021 at 1:15 PM, middleoftheroad said:

To me, Whitehouse is the better team and this district is playing out the way you would think it would. 

Whitehouse starts many sophomores and freshman, battled injuries, suspensions, and still in first. Coach Branch is doing something right over there. 

They’re scrappy, fun, and play baseball the old school way.....the right way. When a team wins the championship of any baseball league they don’t say, “they only beat them 2-1.” They beat em, plain and simple. Baseball is about managing the ebbs and flows. Whitehouse has done that quite nicely up to this point.

Better team huh 🤔 

BASEBALL PLAYOFF MATCH-UPS (BI-DISTRICT)

Huntsville (13-16) Vs. Hallsville (22-6)
Game 1: Hallsville wins 5-0
Game 2: Hallsville wins 4-1
HALLSVILLE WINS SERIES (2-0)

Whitehouse (23-5-1) Vs. Marshall (13-13)
Game 1:  Marshall wins 4-1
Game 2: Marshall wins 2-0
MARSHALL WINS SERIES 2-0

Longview (22-6) Vs. Nacogdoches (22-8)
Game 1:  Nacogdoches wins 12-0
Game 2:  Nacogdoches wins 3-1
Game 3: After game 2 if needed
NACOGDOCHES WINS SERIES (2-0)

Lufkin (23-6-1) Vs. Texas (15-7-1)
Game 1:  Texas High wins
Game 2:  Texas High wins 6-4
TEXAS HIGH WINS SERIES 2-0

-----

AREA ROUND MATCH-UPS
Hallsville (24-7) Vs. Joshua (14-14-1)

Texas High (17-7-1) Vs. Ennis (17-12-2)- TBA

Marshall (16-14) Vs. Highland Park (21-12). 

Nacogdoches (24-8) Vs. Corsicana (24-8) 

--------------------------------------------

SOFTBALL PLAYOFF MATCH-UPS (AREA)

Sulphur Springs (24-3) Vs. Crandall (20-12)
Game 1: Sulphur Springs wins 3-0
Game 2: Sulphur Springs wins 4-3
SULPHUR SPRINGS WINS SERIES (2-0)

Hallsville (19-6-1) Vs. Red Oak (19-5)
Game 1: Hallsville wins 18-0
Game 2: Hallsville wins 22-2
HALLSVILLE WINS SERIES (2-0)

Huntsville (24-3) Vs. Forney (17-8-1)
Game 1: Forney wins 7-2
Game 2: Huntsville wins 5-2
Game 3: Huntsville wins 9-6
HUNTSVILLE WINS SERIES (2-1)

Mount Pleasant (21-9) Vs. Royse City (27-2)
Game 1: Royse City wins 7-2
Game 2: Royse City wins 12-8
ROYSE WiNS SERIES (2-0)

--------

REGION QUARTER-FINALS

Hallsville (20-6-1) Vs. Royse City (28-2)

Huntsville (28-5) Vs. Sulphur Springs (26-3)

Man....I'm so proud of this Mav baseball team.  So many times this season they could have folded up their tent and gone home.

All those walk off losses.....  those 1-run losses.  Hard pills to swallow.

They kept on working.... kept on grinding... never gave up.

Got some clutch wins at the end of the regular season....

They have beaten state ranked Hallsville and Whitehouse in the last week and a half.

Headed to Area.....  GREAT JOB!

-------

And a shout out to Mav Nation for showing up today...... nothing like playing in front of a packed house at home.

9 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Man....I'm so proud of this Mav baseball team.  So many times this season they could have folded up their tent and gone home.

All those walk off losses.....  those 1-run losses.  Hard pills to swallow.

They kept on working.... kept on grinding... never gave up.

Got some clutch wins at the end of the regular season....

They have beaten state ranked Hallsville and Whitehouse in the last week and a half.

Headed to Area.....  GREAT JOB!

-------

And a shout out to Mav Nation for showing up today...... nothing like playing in front of a packed house at home.

Congratulations Mavs !!!

28 minutes ago, nacdragon07 said:

Better team huh 🤔 

WH did beat Nac 3 times. 3. But as the smarter Nac poster said, that is the way baseball goes. Always good to be hot at the right time. Good luck to Nac the rest of the way. Toughest 3 seed in the state. 

Congrats to the Lobo baseball team on a fine season, more than exceeded expectations.

I can't lie though, I'm pretty damn excited to get key football pieces back for spring ball from both baseball and track.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, justafan903 said:

WH did beat Nac 3 times. 3. But as the smarter Nac poster said, that is the way baseball goes. Always good to be hot at the right time. Good luck to Nac the rest of the way. Toughest 3 seed in the state. 

So we won because we were hot at the right time huh. Glad to know that. WH has a fine baseball program,No argument there but I still believe Nac was better then WH this year. 

1 hour ago, nacdragon07 said:

Wow !!! But whitehouse was better then Nac a poster said smh.

I told everyone from watching Lufkin play WH and NAC, I thought Nac had a better team, and couldn't understand how WH beat them 3 times. It all proved out this weekend.

8 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

I told everyone from watching Lufkin play WH and NAC, I thought Nac had a better team, and couldn't understand how WH beat them 3 times. It all proved out this weekend.

That guy won’t admit it. We beat ourselves two of those games a lot of errors and mental mistakes. 

W20 Lake Creek vs F19 A&M Consolidated

G1: LC 10 - A&M 0

G2: A&M 4 - LC 1

G3: LC 7 - A&M 1 (Lake Creek Advances 3-1)

R20 Kingwood Park vs T19 College Station

G1: CS 6 - KP 3

G2: CS 6 - KP 0 (College Station Advances 2-0)

T20 Porter vs R19 Brenham

G1: Porter 8 - Brenham 5

G2: Brenham 7 - Porter 0

G3: Porter 6 - Brenham 4 (Porter Advances 2-1)

F20 Montgomery vs W19 Magnolia

G1: Montgomery 7 - Magnolia 6

G2: Montgomery 12 - Magnolia 9 (Montgomery Advances 2-0)

Area Matchups:

Lake Creek vs Austin McCallum

Montgomery vs Elgin

Pflugerville Hendrickson vs Porter

Austin Anderson vs College Station

5 hours ago, nacdragon07 said:

That guy won’t admit it. We beat ourselves two of those games a lot of errors and mental mistakes. 

No, I won’t admit that a team that lost 3 times to another is better than said team.  Mistakes are part of the game. Some teams can overcome them, some can’t. You’d think Nac’s group of older kids could overcome against WH’s group of freshman and soph’s. They didn’t and lost. 3 times. Would that happen right now? If they played this weekend? I’d bet Nac would beat them like they stole something. Because Nac is heating up. Scored 12 against a Longview team whose been playing good ball. I’m rooting for Nac. Would absolutely hate to be matched up with them. 

• Like 1

On 5/7/2021 at 8:19 PM, bordertown said:

Texas High 6 Lufkin 4 (Tigers advance)

Tigers jumped out to a 4-1 lead. Lufkin fought back in the top of the 7th to tie the game 4-4. Tigers got a 2 run walk off home run by Halter to win in the bottom half of the inning.

Lufkin has to be sick of seeing Texas High in playoffs in several sports the last 2 years.

5 hours ago, THSfanatic said:

Lufkin has to be sick of seeing Texas High in playoffs in several sports the last 2 years.

This to me besides the WH Marshall series was a huge upset. Lufkin had all the Momentum going into the playoffs and lost both games. 

11 hours ago, Nacwagons said:

Longview's lone run of the series was on this play.

Nac Pic.jpeg

Angles, angles, angles. Obviously a close play, but is it obvious the tag has been applied or is it an optical illusion from the angle? Umpire seems to be in a good position to make the call. Luckily, it had no impact on the game or series.

8 hours ago, THSfanatic said:

Lufkin fans don't give a rats tail about Texas High, it's losing to anyone in the first round of the playoffs.  Lufkin plays so well during the regular season, whether it be baseball, soccer or football or whatever,  then boom the 1st round comes and we can't find our butts.

1 hour ago, PackAttack said:

Lufkin fans don't give a rats tail about Texas High, it's losing to anyone in the first round of the playoffs.  Lufkin plays so well during the regular season, whether it be baseball, soccer or football or whatever,  then boom the 1st round comes and we can't find our butts.

How deep did Lufkin go in the baseball playoffs the year before covid? If I remember correctly for Nac I don’t even think we made it.

On 5/8/2021 at 3:49 PM, ANTI said:

Congrats to the Lobo baseball team on a fine season, more than exceeded expectations.

I can't lie though, I'm pretty damn excited to get key football pieces back for spring ball from both baseball and track.

Yeah, I don't think anyone saw this season coming, and it's exciting to have that aspect of the athletic program improving...  but yeah, I'm ready for football. 

• Like 1