The Smoakhouse Forums

2020-21 East Texas 5A Sports Thread

Hopefully we can replace the Carthage game with a 5A school.   Since everyone is in the same boat... maybe it won’t be too hard.  

Good to see things going forward.   Hopefully it will all stick. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well "those" you spoke with really weren't paying very close attention then. While it wasn't a large score disparity it wasn't really that close of a call especially statistically.  Marshall

Someone from Whitehouse complaining about class and sportsmanship... That's irony. Sports or not.

The distaste of the WH program by seemingly everyone in the district last season had nothing to do with 2006, purposely blown games, or the former coach.  There is something that every school in

Posted Images

Tyler North just posted their updated schedule....

We will hold on to our matchups with New Caney and Longview.  

We will lose Carthage.  Hopefully we can get it filled with an I-30 school or something.   Royse City?  Sulphur Springs?  Greenville? 

2 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

We will hold on to our matchups with New Caney and Longview.  

We will lose Carthage.  Hopefully we can get it filled with an I-30 school or something.   Royse City?  Sulphur Springs?  Greenville? 

SS lost Kaufman that week. And Greenville lost a 4A Carrollton school.  Maybe one of those will work out.  

There were about 150 non district games Statewide affected by this change.  Lots of scrambling going on to find  new match ups and many teams have been able to do that so far.  Teams out west got a double dip after NM moved their HS football to the spring and now this.  Some may not play a full schedule.

So glad we got a full 10 games. 
North Forney takes Carthage’s spot on the schedule.  

Looks like we are renegotiating the site of the New a Caney game.  Wonder how and why that came about. 

5 hours ago, CUJONATION83 said:

JT is scrimmaging Pine Tree on September 18th. JT was originally going to scrimmage Desoto. 

What’s with the change?

1 hour ago, CUJONATION83 said:

This is what came to mind?

I can't remember what Dallas County is off the top of my head. But I think it's after labor day. Which may mean they have to have an acclimation period. Not sure though. Not sure why else they would have dropped them.  

I looked at Desoto's Twitter and it says they are looking for a scrimmage the week of Sept 24/25. That's the first week games can be played. So sounds like they will not be cleared to play until the next week from county restrictions. 

2 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

I looked at Desoto's Twitter and it says they are looking for a scrimmage the week of Sept 24/25. That's the first week games can be played. So sounds like they will not be cleared to play until the next week from county restrictions. 

6A/5A Dallas county schools will lose that first week from what I've seen, so first game would be the first weekend of October.

Highland Park is in that as well.

Not sure how they're still going to have a 4 non-district games unless they can move their bye week to Sept 24/25.

Marshall Vs  New Caney game has been moved to Maverick stadium for a Thursday night game on week 1.  

59 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Not sure how they're still going to have a 4 non-district games unless they can move their bye week to Sept 24/25.

Good point. Those schools might just use week 1 as a buy and still get non district games in. 

Longview vs McKinney North on Nov 27 will take place at 2 PM (Black Friday game) at Lobo Stadium (via Hayden Henry).

44 minutes ago, OakRidgeMav said:

If New Caney moves to week 3, who will the Mavs play in week 1??

The official Marshall twitter has New Caney week 1 & week 3 at McKinney North 

Correction:  

New Caney and  Marshall will be WEEK 1.  On Thursday September 24th. 

3 minutes ago, bordertown said:

Texas High picks up a scrimmage on 9/18 with Longview and fills week #2 with Denison (previously Arkansas High).

For what it's worth, the Longview/T High scrimmage had been scheduled originally.

Glad to see the Tigers stay on the schedule in some capacity. Always enjoyed playing T High.

Just as I figured. Lee and JT name won't be at midfield. I knew Tisd was somewhat smart. They knew the name change of Lee would not die down. The field is not done but they do have the Rose at midfield.