Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

2020-21 East Texas 5A Sports Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well "those" you spoke with really weren't paying very close attention then. While it wasn't a large score disparity it wasn't really that close of a call especially statistically.  Marshall

Someone from Whitehouse complaining about class and sportsmanship... That's irony. Sports or not.

Longview schedules Beaumont West Brook to replace West Monroe. Game will take place on Thursday, October 15th at Lufkin.

Posted Images

15 hours ago, Nacwagons said:

REL is the only one we have had any success against. We are still under .500 against them but not near as lopsided as we are vs the rest of them. 

Lee has really only had about those 7 years of consistent success in the late 90s/early 00s.

Id think Nac is one of the only series against the old 12-5A that they actually lead the series. I know the JT one is closer than it probably should be. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Does Whitehouse have enough seats on their home side?

Their home side is pretty big, and they added the stands to move the band to the north end zone.

Link to post
Share on other sites

WH’s visitors side is three or four times bigger than it was 10 or so years ago.  

When we played there in the mid 00’s our band took up half the seats.

It’s much improved.  But still smallish. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, nacdragon07 said:

That WH game this past year was stolen from us. If we were home that would have been a win. They know they got away with one.

I believe Nac struggles were mainly home games if I recall.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

I believe Nac struggles were mainly home games if I recall.

True since we installed the turf, we haven’t had much success. Then we haven’t had much success before the turf lol. We were originally supposed to play Tyler Lee but we lost the game and picked up JT.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nacdragon07 said:

True since we installed the turf, we haven’t had much success. Then we haven’t had much success before the turf lol. We were originally supposed to play Tyler Lee but we lost the game and picked up JT.

We are scrimmaging Lee this year and playing JT in NAC

The 2013 and 2014 teams went 9-1 at home. 

Since installing the turf in 2015 we are 6-19 at home. 

2015-1-4-beat Jacksonville

2016-1-4 beat Kilgore

2017-1-4 beat Hallsville

2018-1-4 beat Mt Pleasant

2019-2-3 Beat Jacksonville and Hallsville

We are 9-16 on the road from 2015-present

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've seen the final plans of Rose Stadium field. Tyler isd Rose Stadium will surround the rose at midfield. A T and a lion will be in both endzones. They will be located in the corners. Tyler isd will be in the middle of both endzones between the T and lion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Nacwagons said:

Their home side is pretty big, and they added the stands to move the band to the north end zone.

Thought so. My take is it shouldn’t matter if visiting team has enough room. Home field ‘vantage

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lady Mav softball locker room renovation is complete 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Nacwagons said:

We are scrimmaging Lee this year and playing JT in NAC

The 2013 and 2014 teams went 9-1 at home. 

Since installing the turf in 2015 we are 6-19 at home. 

2015-1-4-beat Jacksonville

2016-1-4 beat Kilgore

2017-1-4 beat Hallsville

2018-1-4 beat Mt Pleasant

2019-2-3 Beat Jacksonville and Hallsville

We are 9-16 on the road from 2015-present

Let’s be honest those 13 and 14 Teams were the best teams we had since 92. Anybody could have won with those groups. We still haven’t won a playoff game. That’s what I’m looking forward to. Idk if it will be this team or a future one. All I know is so far how we do in middle school or freshmen or JV doesn’t matter. We have to put it together on the varsity level. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, VonG said:

I've seen the final plans of Rose Stadium field. Tyler isd Rose Stadium will surround the rose at midfield. A T and a lion will be in both endzones. They will be located in the corners. Tyler isd will be in the middle of both endzones between the T and lion.

That make no sense. Why don’t they just put TISD in both Endzones and call it a day.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, cujoforlife said:

That make no sense. Why don’t they just put TISD in both Endzones and call it a day.

They did. They put Tylerisd in both endzones. They added the T and a lion also.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VonG said:

They did. They put Tylerisd in both endzones. They added the T and a lion also.0

What is the T going to stand for when the name is going to be changed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, cujoforlife said:

What is the T going to stand for when the name is going to be changed.

Exactly what I was thinking.  

Why not put the lion and raider logos with a TISD?  

Odd choice.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CUJONATION83 said:

I think they are planning to still have Tyler in their name still IMO. 

Tyler Legacy Red Raiders

Rose City Lions 

y’all like that 🤣

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's the Pine Tree Pirates "revised" 2020 Football Schedule :

 

9/18... vs. John Tyler (scrimmage)

9/25...vs. Princeton

10/[email protected] Crandall

10/9...BYE

10/[email protected] Wylie East

10/[email protected] Marshall *

10/30...vs. Nacogdoches*

11/6...vs. Jacksonville*

11/[email protected] Texas High*

11/20...vs. Whitehouse*

11/[email protected] Mt. Pleasant*

12/4...vs. Hallsville*

*....Denotes District 9-5A D-II games.

Jacksonville is Homecoming.

I'll update any further possible changes if needed.

 

RJ

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Work on the covered practice facility continues. Dirt work is coming to an end
Steel frames are coming in 

Slated to be completed in early November. 120 yards covered   

 

BA6B8627-4EAE-47DC-B818-9D52072A5BF4.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2020 at 7:50 AM, Mavchamp said:

Exactly what I was thinking.  

Why not put the lion and raider logos with a TISD?  

Odd choice.  

Same here 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2020 at 7:50 AM, Mavchamp said:

Exactly what I was thinking.  

Why not put the lion and raider logos with a TISD?  

Odd choice.  

I figured they would go safe with a Rose 🌹. I believe they will ignore a city name change and they got what they wanted.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

They have Earl Campbell named stitched in the field also. It wasn't in the original plans but they added it to the field. It looks real nice. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VonG said:

They have Earl Campbell named stitched in the field also. It wasn't in the original plans but they added it to the field. It looks real nice. 

That’s dumb that it wasn’t in original plans to begin with. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...