The Smoakhouse Forums

2020-21 East Texas 5A Sports Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Someone from Whitehouse complaining about class and sportsmanship... That's irony. Sports or not.

Well "those" you spoke with really weren't paying very close attention then. While it wasn't a large score disparity it wasn't really that close of a call especially statistically.  Marshall

Longview schedules Beaumont West Brook to replace West Monroe. Game will take place on Thursday, October 15th at Lufkin.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, CUJONATION83 said:

Yes. Very similar to these names 

That would be the safe thing to do 

I know we haven't played JT since 2010...... but we have almost 100 years of football history between us.

Can't imagine "flush that john" not being a part of it..... no more plungers

But onward we go.

I agree with the Justice Tyler and Tyler Liberty to keep the JT and TL initials intact....

3 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

I know we haven't played JT since 2010...... but we have almost 100 years of football history between us.

Can't imagine "flush that john" not being a part of it..... no more plungers

But onward we go.

I agree with the Justice Tyler and Tyler Liberty to keep the JT and TL initials intact....

Well the world was meant to change. Nothing stays the same forever.

2 minutes ago, cujoforlife said:

Well the world was meant to change. Nothing stays the same forever.

I actually supported the name changes..... but I can see how they would want to hold on to some of the actual schools' spirit/Logos/etc (yells, cheers, songs, etc) for continuity.

But it's not a must.

I remember when The Woodlands was called Conroe McCullough.  (and we beat them in the playoffs in 1993 lmao). No one died when that change was made. 

4 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

I actually supported the name changes..... but I can see how they would want to hold on to some of the actual schools' spirit/Logos/etc (yells, cheers, songs, etc) for continuity.

But it's not a must.

I remember when The Woodlands was called Conroe McCullough.  (and we beat them in the playoffs in 1993 lmao). No one died when that change was made. 

I didn’t know that was their name before it was changed. Learn something new everyday.

They are just finishing up the turf at Rose Stadium. I'm a little disappointed. They will not be stitching the lion and T in the endzones after all. Don't know why they changed their minds. I thought it was going to look great. Oh well. Life goes on. 

9 hours ago, nacdragon07 said:

Can someone give me some info on Greenville ? If I’m not mistaken this will be our first ever match up with them.

We have never played them before. 

3 hours ago, VonG said:

They are just finishing up the turf at Rose Stadium. I'm a little disappointed. They will not be stitching the lion and T in the endzones after all. Don't know why they changed their minds. I thought it was going to look great. Oh well. Life goes on. 

Nope just TISD In both endzones

1 hour ago, VonG said:

I know. 

That was just a safe bet I guess.

15 hours ago, nacdragon07 said:

Can someone give me some info on Greenville ? If I’m not mistaken this will be our first ever match up with them.

They have struggled most of the last 10 years or so, but they were very competitive last season.

Always have athletes.  Lack depth. 

12 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Been a busy summer at MHS. 

New turf is down.  Of course the pressbox in completed and the new stadium lights are up and running.  

Stadium restrooms have been gutted and renovated

Covered practice facility underway  

Turf installation at baseball and softball fields underway  

Mav gym total renovation almost complete  along with brand new restrooms

Basketball locker rooms for boys and girls have been renovated  

Softball Locker room renovation complete. 

Football field house continued upgrades. 

New Parking lot for MHS with new lighting installed. 

MHS getting multimillion dollar renovation with new science labs, new flooring through out the campus and new ceiling throughout the campus. Library reno and auditorium upgrades. 

Much has been done.  More coming. $35 million   upgrades in the works at MHS from 2018-whenever it’s all completed.  No bond.  

Going to be great when it’s all completed.  

Lots to be proud of right now.  🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼

13 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Been a busy summer at MHS. 

New turf is down.  Of course the pressbox in completed and the new stadium lights are up and running.  

Stadium restrooms have been gutted and renovated

Covered practice facility underway  

Turf installation at baseball and softball fields underway  

Mav gym total renovation almost complete  along with brand new restrooms

Basketball locker rooms for boys and girls have been renovated  

Softball Locker room renovation complete. 

Football field house continued upgrades. 

New Parking lot for MHS with new lighting installed. 

MHS getting multimillion dollar renovation with new science labs, new flooring through out the campus and new ceiling throughout the campus. Library reno and auditorium upgrades. 

Much has been done.  More coming. $35 million   upgrades in the works at MHS from 2018-whenever it’s all completed.  No bond.  

Going to be great when it’s all completed.  

Lots to be proud of right now.  🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼

Y’all have done a excellent job in Marshall. Student Athletes want first class facilities. Y’all will have some of the best in the district when it’s all finished. 

17 hours ago, nacdragon07 said:

They have one of the fastest guys in the state. Other than that idk. 

19 hours ago, nacdragon07 said:

That stadium of theirs was definitely easy to get lost to. But it's very nice once you get in.

No idea what their team is like now, since they were coming off a 30-game losing streak when we first faced them. But their fan that posts on here is great to talk to and gives a lot of updates on their team. They have a fantastic mexican restaurant in town too lol.

Skeet lost his battle to Covid-19 this evening. 

One of the finest men I’ve ever known. 

Biggest Mav fan in Marshall history.  

Prayers to his friends and family. 

3 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Skeet lost his battle to Covid-19 this evening. 

One of the finest men I’ve ever known. 

Biggest Mav fan in Marshall history.  

Prayers to his friends and family. 

This hurts deep. I’m a dragon by birth but I Pastor in Marshall. Everyone knew him and loved him. He loved those kids. He will be  missed tremendously.

9 hours ago, nacdragon07 said:

This hurts deep. I’m a dragon by birth but I Pastor in Marshall. Everyone knew him and loved him. He loved those kids. He will be  missed tremendously.

He saw no color. He saw no economic status. 

He just saw kids for kids.  He was hard on them.  Stood by the coaches.  Made the kids strive for better.... for more  

A great man. 

Most definitely not a simple COVID-19 statistic.  This one will sting for Mav Nation for a long time.