Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

2020-21 East Texas 5A Sports Thread


Recommended Posts

LHSAA pushes start date back to weekend of Oct 8th-10th. Virtually ensures Longview/West Monroe is a no go unless they can switch their schedule up. Longview/West Monroe, per Longview's schedule, would've been the weekend of October 16th.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Someone from Whitehouse complaining about class and sportsmanship... That's irony. Sports or not.

Well "those" you spoke with really weren't paying very close attention then. While it wasn't a large score disparity it wasn't really that close of a call especially statistically.  Marshall

Longview schedules Beaumont West Brook to replace West Monroe. Game will take place on Thursday, October 15th at Lufkin.

Posted Images

6 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

LHSAA pushes start date back to weekend of Oct 8th-10th. Virtually ensures Longview/West Monroe is a no go unless they can switch their schedule up. Longview/West Monroe, per Longview's schedule, would've been the weekend of October 16th.

That really bites...I hope we get to keep them...we don't have much options otherwise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

LHSAA pushes start date back to weekend of Oct 8th-10th. Virtually ensures Longview/West Monroe is a no go unless they can switch their schedule up. Longview/West Monroe, per Longview's schedule, would've been the weekend of October 16th.

i caught a little bit on the news this morning it sounded like they wouldnt be making up the games missed before the start date. theyre planning on a 6-8 game schedule so they can get their championships done by the end of december. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, kingwolf said:

That really bites...I hope we get to keep them...we don't have much options otherwise.

I say get those programs that always talking trash on how they could beat Longview on the schedule. In all seriousness that is a bummer for Longview. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, kingwolf said:

That really bites...I hope we get to keep them...we don't have much options otherwise.

Honestly, going forward, I think they're a great option for us to keep on the schedule. Great program, one of the best in Louisiana year in and year out. And they're down to meet us in Shreveport every year it feels like.

Not like we've been able to get other big named Metroplex schools to come out this way anyways so why not keep em.

#### this year, no doubt. I'm betting we'll have a 9-game schedule but is what it is. Better than 0 games.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Aledo said:

What week was that game?

Week 4/Oct 16th

Link to post
Share on other sites

They are through with the turf at Rose Stadium. Now they are redoing the track. Not really sure why they are redoing the track when we don't host track meets anymore. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, VonG said:

They are through with the turf at Rose Stadium. Now they are redoing the track. Not really sure why they are redoing the track when we don't host track meets anymore. 

Are they at the high schools now?

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, cujoforlife said:

Are they at the high schools now?

Huh. We haven't had a JT or Lee track meet in years. 

They are redoing the track at Rose Stadium. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VonG said:

Huh. We haven't had a JT or Lee track meet in years. 

They are redoing the track at Rose Stadium. 

I thought that they were moved to the high schools.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VonG said:

Huh. We haven't had a JT or Lee track meet in years. 

They are redoing the track at Rose Stadium. 

I didn't see any soccer lines on the field at the Rose, so I think it makes it possible to host track meets again. I think soccer games are at the schools now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

I didn't see any soccer lines on the field at the Rose, so I think it makes it possible to host track meets again. I think soccer games are at the schools now.

Soccer lines are on the turf at Rose Stadium. They are not bringing track back to Rose Stadium. They are just redoing the portion of the track that is still there.  Which makes no sense to me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Construction update for the covered practice  facility 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, VonG said:

Soccer lines are on the turf at Rose Stadium. They are not bringing track back to Rose Stadium. They are just redoing the portion of the track that is still there.  Which makes no sense to me. 

you right. I just took a second glance at it.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did everyone in 9-5A work out a 10 game schedule? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Did everyone in 9-5A work out a 10 game schedule? 

I have not heard or seen anything that leads me to believe anyone had trouble filling their schedule. Maybe Whitehouse since they only schedule 4a schools for non-district!! I am just kidding, I even used the sarcasm font!!

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nacwagons said:

I have not heard or seen anything that leads me to believe anyone had trouble filling their schedule. Maybe Whitehouse since they only schedule 4a schools for non-district!! I am just kidding, I even used the sarcasm font!!

 

 

Pine Tree lost all three of their games...… not sure who they got to replace those.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mavchamp said:

Pine Tree lost all three of their games...… not sure who they got to replace those.

They are playing Crandall, Wylie East and Princeton

Link to post
Share on other sites

Marshall:  New Caney, Longview, McKinney North
Pine Tree: Princeton Crandall, Wylie East
Texas High: Tyler, Denison, Forney
Whitehouse: Forney, Royse City, Corsicana
Nacogdoches:  Greenville, Tyler, Lufkin
Jacksonville:  Crandall, Cleburne, Nederland
Mount Pleasant:  Wylie East. Sherman, ????
Hallsville: Clenurne,  Frisco Rock Hill, Sulphur Springs

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2020 at 11:03 AM, Mavchamp said:

Construction update for the covered practice  facility 

 

Jealous!!!! 🥺 that is going to be awesome 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Longview schedules Beaumont West Brook to replace West Monroe.

Game will take place on Thursday, October 15th at Lufkin.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Longview schedules Beaumont West Brook to replace West Monroe.

Game will take place on Thursday, October 15th at Lufkin.

Gonna be a hot ticket. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...