The Smoakhouse Forums

2020-21 East Texas 5A Sports Thread

LHSAA pushes start date back to weekend of Oct 8th-10th. Virtually ensures Longview/West Monroe is a no go unless they can switch their schedule up. Longview/West Monroe, per Longview's schedule, would've been the weekend of October 16th.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Someone from Whitehouse complaining about class and sportsmanship... That's irony. Sports or not.

Well "those" you spoke with really weren't paying very close attention then. While it wasn't a large score disparity it wasn't really that close of a call especially statistically.  Marshall

Longview schedules Beaumont West Brook to replace West Monroe. Game will take place on Thursday, October 15th at Lufkin.

Posted Images

6 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

LHSAA pushes start date back to weekend of Oct 8th-10th. Virtually ensures Longview/West Monroe is a no go unless they can switch their schedule up. Longview/West Monroe, per Longview's schedule, would've been the weekend of October 16th.

That really bites...I hope we get to keep them...we don't have much options otherwise.

17 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

i caught a little bit on the news this morning it sounded like they wouldnt be making up the games missed before the start date. theyre planning on a 6-8 game schedule so they can get their championships done by the end of december. 

11 hours ago, kingwolf said:

That really bites...I hope we get to keep them...we don't have much options otherwise.

I say get those programs that always talking trash on how they could beat Longview on the schedule. In all seriousness that is a bummer for Longview. 

14 hours ago, kingwolf said:

Honestly, going forward, I think they're a great option for us to keep on the schedule. Great program, one of the best in Louisiana year in and year out. And they're down to meet us in Shreveport every year it feels like.

Not like we've been able to get other big named Metroplex schools to come out this way anyways so why not keep em.

#### this year, no doubt. I'm betting we'll have a 9-game schedule but is what it is. Better than 0 games.

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, Aledo said:

What week was that game?

Week 4/Oct 16th

They are through with the turf at Rose Stadium. Now they are redoing the track. Not really sure why they are redoing the track when we don't host track meets anymore. 

5 minutes ago, VonG said:

They are through with the turf at Rose Stadium. Now they are redoing the track. Not really sure why they are redoing the track when we don't host track meets anymore. 

Are they at the high schools now?

43 minutes ago, cujoforlife said:

Are they at the high schools now?

Huh. We haven't had a JT or Lee track meet in years. 

They are redoing the track at Rose Stadium. 

1 hour ago, VonG said:

I thought that they were moved to the high schools.

2 hours ago, VonG said:

I didn't see any soccer lines on the field at the Rose, so I think it makes it possible to host track meets again. I think soccer games are at the schools now.

35 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

I didn't see any soccer lines on the field at the Rose, so I think it makes it possible to host track meets again. I think soccer games are at the schools now.

Soccer lines are on the turf at Rose Stadium. They are not bringing track back to Rose Stadium. They are just redoing the portion of the track that is still there.  Which makes no sense to me. 

Construction update for the covered practice  facility 

11 hours ago, VonG said:

Soccer lines are on the turf at Rose Stadium. They are not bringing track back to Rose Stadium. They are just redoing the portion of the track that is still there.  Which makes no sense to me. 

you right. I just took a second glance at it.  

Did everyone in 9-5A work out a 10 game schedule? 

8 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Did everyone in 9-5A work out a 10 game schedule? 

I have not heard or seen anything that leads me to believe anyone had trouble filling their schedule. Maybe Whitehouse since they only schedule 4a schools for non-district!! I am just kidding, I even used the sarcasm font!!

1 minute ago, Nacwagons said:

I have not heard or seen anything that leads me to believe anyone had trouble filling their schedule. Maybe Whitehouse since they only schedule 4a schools for non-district!! I am just kidding, I even used the sarcasm font!!

Pine Tree lost all three of their games...… not sure who they got to replace those.

1 hour ago, Mavchamp said:

Pine Tree lost all three of their games...… not sure who they got to replace those.

They are playing Crandall, Wylie East and Princeton

Marshall:  New Caney, Longview, McKinney North
Pine Tree: Princeton Crandall, Wylie East
Texas High: Tyler, Denison, Forney
Whitehouse: Forney, Royse City, Corsicana
Nacogdoches:  Greenville, Tyler, Lufkin
Jacksonville:  Crandall, Cleburne, Nederland
Mount Pleasant:  Wylie East. Sherman, ????
Hallsville: Clenurne,  Frisco Rock Hill, Sulphur Springs

On 8/8/2020 at 11:03 AM, Mavchamp said:

Construction update for the covered practice  facility 

Jealous!!!! 🥺 that is going to be awesome 

Longview schedules Beaumont West Brook to replace West Monroe.

Game will take place on Thursday, October 15th at Lufkin.

• Like 3
22 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Longview schedules Beaumont West Brook to replace West Monroe.

Game will take place on Thursday, October 15th at Lufkin.

Gonna be a hot ticket.