The Smoakhouse Forums

2020-21 East Texas 5A Sports Thread

We have 4 teams at MJHS. 
2 freshman teams

I think we have enough for a JV B team, but will only field one team I hear.  Unless told otherwise.  I think only Longview has a JV B that I can recall.  Maybe Texas High.  

9th and JV will only have 9 games since only Varsity will face New Caney. But we will play MicKinney North at all levels.

District schedule is the same 9-varsity. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well "those" you spoke with really weren't paying very close attention then. While it wasn't a large score disparity it wasn't really that close of a call especially statistically.  Marshall

The distaste of the WH program by seemingly everyone in the district last season had nothing to do with 2006, purposely blown games, or the former coach.  There is something that every school in

Posted Images

On 9/16/2020 at 9:32 AM, nacdragon07 said:

That wasn’t because we were broke. The bond failed because of the issues of trust from the last bond that was passed. We find money for what we want. Like the turf for the football field. We feed the athletes at home and away games now. So no I don’t buy that we are broke.

The food for home and away meals are donated. The turf investment was to cut expenses on maintenance and add a revenue stream from the use of the stadium. 

5 minutes ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

I like those. I would have had the ND but this is well done. Of course Nac could be used . Unique 

First time ever in white helmets at varsity level.

44 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

The food for home and away meals are donated. The turf investment was to cut expenses on maintenance and add a revenue stream from the use of the stadium. 

Chicken express donates the meals ?? They must love dragon football lol. That’s what they  been eating that. It used to be part of the Athletic budget. Anyway we find money when we have to. 

2 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

First time ever in white helmets at varsity level.

That’s what I thought. We’ve used the Vegas gold helmets and the black helmets. I’m assuming they will have new uniforms. 

Just now, Raiderfan7000 said:

Definitely a good look. Your coach was a Odessa Permian HC so maybe the inspiration there. Look similar but without the yellow.

Yes exactly where it came from, our home uniforms are black shirts with plain white pants. The gold is a very thin line outlining the numbers on the home jersey. We have an away uniform combination of all white with black lettering. 

5 minutes ago, nacdragon07 said:

That’s what I thought. We’ve used the Vegas gold helmets and the black helmets. I’m assuming they will have new uniforms. 

Yes, you can definitely see the Permian style in both home and away.

2 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

Yes exactly where it came from, our home uniforms are black shirts with plain white pants. The gold is a very thin line outlining the numbers on the home jersey. We have an away uniform combination of all white with black lettering. 

I will have to show my wife this . She is from there and rooting for Nac success. 

47 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

Nac helmets for 2020

Nac Helmets.png

Looks great!!!

1 hour ago, Nacwagons said:

Nac helmets for 2020

Nac Helmets.png

That is a sharp helmet. Props to y'all.

I think several schools in the district have new helmets this season.  Everyone will look sharp if nothing else. 

8E1B30CB-4B9F-43DB-B401-F013B75A8E64.jpeg

AD5A0BD5-DAEB-42A9-B1F2-ECB1ED4E9C50.jpeg

1 hour ago, Nacwagons said:

Nac Home-1.pngNac Away 1.png

There is 3rd combination of all white but I don't have a picture of it.

Someone copied a Southlake style.

3 hours ago, Nacwagons said:

Nac helmets for 2020

Nac Helmets.png

Very nice

On 9/16/2020 at 9:32 AM, nacdragon07 said:

That wasn’t because we were broke. The bond failed because of the issues of trust from the last bond that was passed. We find money for what we want. Like the turf for the football field. We feed the athletes at home and away games now. So no I don’t buy that we are broke.

Feed athletes at home games?

With the governor allowing some businesses to increase capacity to 75% on Monday.... I wonder if UIL will increase to 75% too?  

Currently only about 2000 tickets will be sold on the home side in Marshall. Not nearly enough.