Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

2020-21 East Texas 5A Sports Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well "those" you spoke with really weren't paying very close attention then. While it wasn't a large score disparity it wasn't really that close of a call especially statistically.  Marshall

Someone from Whitehouse complaining about class and sportsmanship... That's irony. Sports or not.

Longview schedules Beaumont West Brook to replace West Monroe. Game will take place on Thursday, October 15th at Lufkin.

Posted Images

On 9/28/2020 at 9:11 PM, Mavchamp said:

surprise-  MP.  Are they that much improved.... or is Wylie East that bad??  Marshall’s win over New Caney is a close second.  Not many outside of Marshall picked it.  

Disappointment- Nac not playing football.  Hallsville’s continued tumble is a close second.  

Head Scratcher-  PT giving up 30 to Princeton. 

Not that Hallsville has ever been a power in football but under Plunk they were competitive in most games.

His successor really depleted the enthusiasm to even suit up as the numbers really dropped. The 3 years under this coach were horrible.

A new coach is now in place and the numbers are back up. There are multiple starters that have not played football in 2 to 4 years because of the previous regime.

What little I have seen and heard of the new coach is much more promising.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

Not that Hallsville has ever been a power in football but under Plunk they were competitive in most games.

His successor really depleted the enthusiasm to even suit up as the numbers really dropped. The 3 years under this coach were horrible.

A new coach is now in place and the numbers are back up. There are multiple starters that have not played football in 2 to 4 years because of the previous regime.

What little I have seen and heard of the new coach is much more promising.

I honestly want Hallsville to be good again.  Our early matchups were barnburners.  

I crave bitter district rivals like we had back in the day with Longview, Lufkin, and JT. 

Geographically.... Hallsville and PT make the best rivals.  Historically it would be Nacogdoches and Texas High. 

Wish Hallsville nothing but the best minus one game every season 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s game day everyone!  

Good luck tonight!!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2020 at 1:20 PM, Mavchamp said:


Good luck this week

Going with...

Longview at Marshall - Longview
Tyler v. Tyler Legacy - Tyler Legacy in a blow out.
Denison at Texas High - Texas High pulls away in 2nd half.
Pine Tree at Crandall - Pirates by a lot.
Mount Pleasant at Sherman - Sherman pulls out a close one. The Bearcats need massive help on the offensive line, so if the Tigers can get pressure, watch out.
Whitehouse at Royse City - Royse City in a close one
Cleburne at Jacksonville - Cleburne by two scores.
Hallsville at Frisco Memorial - Memorial by a touchdown.
Lufkin at Nederland - Lufkin pulls one out
Nacogdoches at Saginaw Boswell - Boswell, just because Nac has had zero time to get ready pretty much.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Longview edges Marshall. (King destroys two headsets.)
Tyler Legacy over Tyler High
Texas High over Denison
Longview-West over Crandall
Mount Pleasant shocks Sherman
Whitehouse edges Royse City
Cleburne over Jacksonville
Frisco-Memorial over Longview-East
Lufkin over Nederland
Saginaw-Boswell over Nacogdoches

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2020 at 12:09 PM, Mavchamp said:

East Texas Week 6 games:

Who you got and why?

Longview Vs. Marshall
Tyler Vs. Tyler Legacy
Denison Vs. Texas High
Pine Tree Vs. Crandall
Mt. Pleasant Vs. Sherman
Whitehouse Vs. Royse City 
Hallsville Vs. Frisco Memorial (Saturday)
Cleburne Vs. Jacksonville
Nacogdoches Vs. Lufkin- CX

Longview Vs. Marshall.....Mavs kick a long FG at the end, shock the Lobos (hope springs eternal)
Tyler Vs. Tyler Legacy.....TL easily
Denison Vs. Texas High.....Tigers continue to roll
Pine Tree Vs. Crandall......PT defense surrenders a boatload of points, but offense scores more 
Mt. Pleasant Vs. Sherman.....MP continues a resurgence.....for now
Whitehouse Vs. Royse City....WH wins a close one
Hallsville Vs. Frisco Memorial (Saturday).....Frisco Memorial, but 'Cats at least give them a game
Cleburne Vs. Jacksonville.....Cleburne wins again
Nacogdoches Vs. Saginaw Boswell......a moral victory for the Dragons just getting to play, but Boswell wins

Lufkin Vs. Nederland - Lufkin remembers how to win, but won't be easy

Link to post
Share on other sites

On to McKinney North, eh? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nacdragon07 said:

man I wasn’t expecting a blowout 

You haven’t been paying attention the last 20 years. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

You haven’t been paying attention the last 20 years. 

I thought this year might be different with Longview being as young as they are. Marshall will still more then likely repeat as district champs
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, nacdragon07 said:

I thought this year might be different with Longview being as young as they are. Marshall will still more then likely repeat as district champs
 

The Lobo game historically has very little  to predict our season. 

2004, 2005.... blowout losses.  State runnerups.

2007, 2009, 2018.... Blowout losses. Region Semis.

2015 Region semis team was an outlier. Sadly. 

Honestly don’t see the point anymore. But my opinion means 000000.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Real Mavfan said:

Texas High will have ALOT to say about that.

I agree. 
And PT. 
And WH. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, nacdragon07 said:

I thought this year might be different with Longview being as young as they are. Marshall will still more then likely repeat as district champs
 

What is Texas High gonna have to do to get your attention? lol

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, nacdragon07 said:

Until someone else is holding the gold ball Marshall is still the team to beat in this district.

Texas High with solid victories over Tyler and Denison,  they are the favorites,  hands down.  Game tonight could have been much worse.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Texas High 24 Denison 3. - Close game in the first half with Tiger up 10-0 at half. Second half Tigers just wore them down. Yellowjackets will remember Clayton Smith who shut down their passing game with a number of sacks and continual pressure. Overall a good team effort and the score does not reflect the dominance.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ANTI said:

What is Texas High gonna have to do to get your attention? lol

Nothing lol they are a solid football teamBut, they haven’t won this district yet. Marshall has though and is the defending District Champion.  saying It runs through Marshall doesn’t discredit the tigers. If I’m not mistaken though Marshall hasn’t lost a district game in a few years and yes I know that loss came at the hands of Texas high. I know it can happen this year streaks are made to be broken all i was saying since Marshall is the defending DC who hasn’t lost a district game in over three years they would be the team to beat Just my opinion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nacdragon07 said:

Nothing lol they are a solid football teamBut, they haven’t won this district yet. Marshall has though and is the defending District Champion.  saying It runs through Marshall doesn’t discredit the tigers. If I’m not mistaken though Marshall hasn’t lost a district game in a few years and yes I know that loss came at the hands of Texas high. I know it can happen this year streaks are made to be broken all i was saying since Marshall is the defending DC who hasn’t lost a district game in over three years they would be the team to beat Just my opinion.

Having seen both, Texas High has to be the favorites right now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...