The Smoakhouse Forums

2020-21 East Texas 5A Sports Thread

46 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Magnolia West won 97-0 tonight?! What on earth....

Caney Creek is baaaaadddddd...CC managed two 1st downs. One via penalty and one on the backups. 

Everyone got in for Mag West. Coaches didn't lay off with the 4th stringers in. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well "those" you spoke with really weren't paying very close attention then. While it wasn't a large score disparity it wasn't really that close of a call especially statistically.  Marshall

Someone from Whitehouse complaining about class and sportsmanship... That's irony. Sports or not.

The distaste of the WH program by seemingly everyone in the district last season had nothing to do with 2006, purposely blown games, or the former coach.  There is something that every school in

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, THSfanatic said:

Actually it was 2002 with the 1 loss and Chris Marshall was the QB.  I'm pretty sure Mallett was a freshman in 2003 and couldn't have been on that team. 

Ok. I wasnt too sure. Thanks for the correction. 

1 hour ago, bordertown said:

Texas High 42 Mount Pleasant 24.  Texas High capitalized on two turnovers which  was the difference. MP played hard. McCumby (sp?) is a dangerous WR for MP.

Texas High is as good as advertised. The DE for them is amazingly good. Double teams couldnt stop him for most of the game.

1 hour ago, bordertown said:

Texas High 42 Mount Pleasant 24.  Texas High capitalized on two turnovers which  was the difference. MP played hard. McCumby (sp?) is a dangerous WR for MP.

Kinda agree and kinda don't  🤔 

I wasn't at the game but was listenting.  You are correct about the turnovers and the WR sounded impressive. They seemed to have a lot of speed.   The score seems a little misleading.  MP had a 55 yd opening kickoff return (3pts) and a 90 yd kickoff return for a TD (7pts). They also had a last second hail Mary into the endzone. It could have easily been 42-7. There was really only 1 good drive by MP.  
Texas High is still not connecting regularly on the passing game. The game just didn't have much flow to it at all. As usual I think MP's problem is sheer numbers. They just never have the depth.

14 minutes ago, THSfanatic said:

Kinda agree and kinda don't  🤔 

I wasn't at the game but was listenting.  You are correct about the turnovers and the WR sounded impressive. They seemed to have a lot of speed.   The score seems a little misleading.  MP had a 55 yd opening kickoff return (3pts) and a 90 yd kickoff return for a TD (7pts). They also had a last second hail Mary into the endzone. It could have easily been 42-7. There was really only 1 good drive by MP.  
Texas High is still not connecting regularly on the passing game. The game just didn't have much flow to it at all. As usual I think MP's problem is sheer numbers. They just never have the depth.

Ok...but if you want to talk logistics, THigh had a pick 6 after an MP Defensive stop, A fumble recovery after an MP defensive stop, Another INT after an MP defensive stop, so MP pit THigh in great field position nimerous times throughout the game. MP didnt finish 2 drives inside THighs 20. I was there, MP played very hard, but THigh made them pay for their mistakes, good teams do that. There is a reason THigh is ranked #8. Congrats to them, but stop criticizing a team for playing hard and getting beat by a team everyone else has lost to this year as well. Didnt even see the game....

1 hour ago, TigerNahum17 said:

, but stop criticizing a team for playing hard and getting beat by a team everyone else has lost to this year as well. Didnt even see the game....

You should really reread my post.  It was an opinion not being critical. Everything doesn't have to be taken personally. Texas High had turnovers too.....I didn't add points for ours and say it should have been even worse.  If you think I have a habit of knocking other teams you obviously have me confused with somebody else. I've never had any problem with Mt Pleasant. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, TigerNahum17 said:

McCrumby

The best WR I’ve watched this year on an opposing team. He reminded me of Clayton Smith (#10) on THS. While Smith is a DE, he could easily be a WR. Both are tall and difficult to tackle.

15 minutes ago, Aledo said:

How do you rank the top teams in R3?

Huntsville, AMC, FB Marshall, Mission off the top of my head. 

26 minutes ago, EazyMoney said:

Mission?

Pioneer Mission.  Went 11-2 last season.   They are a distant top team compared to AMC, Huntsville, and FB Marshall.  That’s the three-headed beast 

54 minutes ago, Aledo said:

You dont want to include Tex high?

No one in 9-5A is worthy yet imho.  

None of us have the recent playoff success of Huntsville, FBM, and AMC.  

Texas High has one playoff win in a decade.  PT hasn’t won a playoff game since Reagan was in office.  WH has only been past the 2nd round once...ever.  And Marshall just laid an egg Vs PT.  

Hard to consider any of us serious contenders when you have  the likes of the above listed.  Then you have Aledo and Ennis on the other side of the bracket.  

15 hours ago, THSfanatic said:

You should really reread my post.  It was an opinion not being critical. Everything doesn't have to be taken personally. Texas High had turnovers too.....I didn't add points for ours and say it should have been even worse.  If you think I have a habit of knocking other teams you obviously have me confused with somebody else. I've never had any problem with Mt Pleasant. 

I read it, disregarded it, and vented. I read it again,  and having read your posts in the past, know you were not being critical. Sorry for being a jerk. You didnt deserve that.

• Like 2

Speaking of receivers... JAX has a sophomore, Devin McCuin. He will be a D1 receiver. Trust me. His brother is RS freshman backup safety at TCU— Deshawn McCuin. 

6 hours ago, TigerNahum17 said:

I read it, disregarded it, and vented. I read it again,  and having read your posts in the past, know you were not being critical. Sorry for being a jerk. You didnt deserve that.

Its all good man. If it came across as disrespectful I apologize.   Sure wasn't meant to be.   Good luck the rest of the season !

• Like 1

District 10-5A II  Update – District play begins

This weeks scores:

A&M Consolidated  56   Lamar Consolidated  0

Huntsville  36   Bryan Rudder  17

Lake Creek  39   Fulshear  7  

Current Rankings

1.  A&M Consolidated   5-0

2.  Huntsville       4-0

3.  Bryan Rudder  4-1

4.  Lake Creek   4-1 

5.  Montgomery  2-2

6.  Fulshear  4-1

7.  Lamar Consolidated  0-5

Big Games Next week:

A&M Consolidated at Huntsville  -  This should be for the district championship.  The teams have split the last 2 years.  I don’t think the outcome is that important as both teams can make deep playoff runs.

Bryan Rudder @ Lake Creek – Both teams with an excellent chance of making their first playoff appearance.  The winner here will have the inside track for the #3 seed.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, EazyMoney said:

I see both paths as the same in a wide open region.  Huntsville was a 4 seed last year and went further than the 1 seed.  

You can take Fulshear off.  They aren’t making it.  

Huntsville should have been the district champion.  As soon as they got their QB back.... the losses stopped.  They would have buzzed through with Southern under center.  They were a different team... as we saw when the playoffs started. 

But no doubt Huntsville and AMC are the class of the district.  We’ve seen some of their 8-2 teams go down hard in the first round (Lamar Consolidated in 2018 To Marshall, Paetow in 2019 To Whitehouse).