The Smoakhouse Forums

2020-21 East Texas 5A Sports Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Someone from Whitehouse complaining about class and sportsmanship... That's irony. Sports or not.

Why be a douche about it?  Nac doesn’t pick their district.  They compete where they are put... and they dominate.  just say congrats and move on.  Don’t see the point in trying to lessen thei

Well "those" you spoke with really weren't paying very close attention then. While it wasn't a large score disparity it wasn't really that close of a call especially statistically.  Marshall

Posted Images

On 12/14/2020 at 2:05 PM, NODAYSOFFTX said:

It would be kinda a waste IMO, do we really expect legacy to compete in that game? 

Well MenOfValor aka BigRedCujo aka Rapture is all up in Longview's team thread on the 6A board telling us Legacy is headed to the semis with "the best RB in the state"...so hey...lol

• Haha 1
35 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Well MenOfValor aka BigRedCujo aka Rapture is all up in Longview's team thread on the 6A board telling us Legacy is headed to the semis with "the best RB in the state"...so hey...lol

LMAO ### is wrong them they are as bad as cowboy fans LOL. I guess that what happens when you not use to winning LOL. 

2 hours ago, ANTI said:

Man I just read all of what he said on that on that and god that’s a headache, and dude needs to go back to English class he can’t spell for nothing LOL. 😂😂😂😂. I’m sorry y’all had to endure that non sense lmao. @LoboFan07 @ANTI

• Haha 1
52 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Man I just read all of what he said on that on that and god that’s a headache, and dude needs to go back to English class he can’t spell for nothing LOL. 😂😂😂😂. I’m sorry y’all had to endure that non sense lmao. @LoboFan07 @ANTI

Only a few more days of it left.

• Haha 1
On 12/8/2020 at 10:00 AM, Matt said:

LOL!! That's funny.

With respect to names, when the Tomato Bowl bond issue passed in 2017 and it was renovated, the JISD asked everyone in the media to stop calling it The Tomato Bowl . . . it is now Historic Tomato Bowl . . . not THE Historic Tomato Bowl, or THE Tomato Bowl . . . it is now, "Welcome to Historic Tomato Bowl!"

Just for the record . . .

What has happened to the Tomatoes themselves...have not had a good one for two years...now carry on...

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, buckeyebob said:

What has happened to the Tomatoes themselves...have not had a good one for two years...now carry on...

Above my pay grade.... LOL!

23 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Texas high made the you got missed segment! 

I just saw the clip that was on NBC Sunday Night Football.   Amazing to have Randy Moss include Rian Cellars' TD catch on "You Got Mossed"!

Marshall over PT 49-33

Texas High beat Sulphur Springs 48-35

Longview boys fall 48-45 to Tyler tonight. Drop to 5-6.

Of course the first season we drop back to down we start to have our worst season in 5 years lol. Hopefully the football boys can help once they get in there, hopefully in January ;).

• Like 2

In basketball, Jacksonville beat Marshall last Saturday starting 2 freshmen and 3 sophomore.  Covid knocked out 8 of Jaxs varsity players. Two of the five are varsity players straight up but none of them are over 6 feet. 

12 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Hopefully the football boys can help once they get in there, hopefully in January ;).

They will.

Jalen Hale will be a boost for sure...best player on the team...FBS recruit in both sports. JT Wright the other 6'3/6'4 sophomore WR also plays ball. JJ Rougley the sophomore 6'3 TE/DE....list goes on.

We also have to take into account the amount of Freshmen on varsity bball this year. At least 6 of them...all whom also play football. I'd imagine maybe 1 or 2 of them will move down though when football guys come over.

So I think the football boys will help...but I also think that overall this year may be a slight stepback from recent years, gearing up for the future.

• Like 1
On 12/15/2020 at 2:53 PM, ANTI said:

Better than DADA? Never!! 

• Haha 1

DISTRICT 15 GIRLS BASKETBALL
Hallsville 4-0
Marshall 2-1
Texas High 2-1
Mt. Pleasant 0-0
Longview 0-1
Sulphur Springs 0-2
Pine Tree 0-2

I can't confirm.... but it appears MP's ladies are not playing.  There aren't any scores for their games Vs. SS, Hallsville, or Longview.  It may be COVID related.  Not sure how they will make those games up.  It will be interesting.

MP's absence in the schedule coupled with bye games every game night makes the standings a little messy for now. 

I'll update the standings after tonight's games are completed (Long/THS and PT/SS).

District play will restart after the first of the year.

District 16 starts district in Jan as well (Jax, Nac, Lufkin, Huntsville, WH, Tyler)

-------------

Game 1- Dec 11
Texas High beat Pine Tree 58-25
Hallsville beat Longview- COVID
Sulphur Springs Vs. Mt Pleasant
OFF: Marshall

Game 2- Dec 15
Marshall beat  Pine Tree 49-33
Hallsville Vs. Mount Pleasant
OFF: Longview

Game 3- Dec 18
Marshall beat Sulphur Springs 39-32
Hallsville  beat Texas High 54-42
Mt. Pleasant Vs. Longview
OFF: Pine Tree

MAKEUP GAME:
Hallsville beat Longview 46-27

Game 4- Dec 22
Hallsville beat Marshall 49-46
Sulphur Springs Vs. Pine Tree
Longview Vs. Texas High
OFF: Mount Pleasant

DISTRICT 15 BOYS BASKETBALL

Texas high over Longview 60-46

Sulphur Springs beat PT 74-55

Hallsville beat Marshall 43-38

22 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

DISTRICT 15 GIRLS BASKETBALL
Hallsville 4-0
Marshall 2-1
Texas High 2-1
Mt. Pleasant 0-0
Longview 0-1
Sulphur Springs 0-2
Pine Tree 0-2

I can't confirm.... but it appears MP's ladies are not playing.  There aren't any scores for their games Vs. SS, Hallsville, or Longview.  It may be COVID related.  Not sure how they will make those games up.  It will be interesting.

MP's absence in the schedule coupled with bye games every game night makes the standings a little messy for now. 

I'll update the standings after tonight's games are completed (Long/THS and PT/SS).

District play will restart after the first of the year.

District 16 starts district in Jan as well (Jax, Nac, Lufkin, Huntsville, WH, Tyler)

-------------

Game 1- Dec 11

Game 2- Dec 15

Game 3- Dec 18

MAKEUP GAME:

Game 4- Dec 22
Sulphur Springs Vs. Pine Tree
Longview Vs. Texas High

I will find out about the girls. 

The boys are still undefeated. 

Looks like SS and MP are the class of 5A East Texas in basketball again.

Each have been to the regional tourney (more than once (i believe for each) recently.

The battle will be for 3rd and 4th.  Should be a fun race.

DISTRICT 15-5A BOYS BASKETBALL
Sulphur Springs 1-0
Texas High 1-0
Hallsville 1-0
Mount Pleasant 0-0
Marshall 0-1
Longview 0-1
Pine Tree 0-1

MP and Sulphur Springs have dominated this district in its various alignments the last 5-6 years.  Each have made multiple deep runs in the playoffs.  No reason to think that will end this season.  Don't be deceived by SS's (8-5) record.... they have been playing some of the top talent in the DFW area in prep for their expected playoff run.  Rumor has it MP has not lost a game this season, although I can't find an overall record.  The race appears to be for 3rd and fourth place between Texas High, Marshall, and Longview.  Hallsville, however, appears to be much improved.  

Could be a fun race.  District play will resume Jan 5th.

Game 1- Dec 22
Texas high beat Longview 60-46
OFF- Mt. Pleasant

-----------------------

DISTRICT 15-5A GIRLS BASKETBALL
Hallsville 4-0
Texas High 3-1
Marshall 2-1
Sulphur Springs 1-2
Mt. Pleasant 0-0
Longview 0-2
Pine Tree 0-3

As expected most season......Hallsville appears to be the early favorite for the district title, but Texas High is hanging in there for the race.  Marshall continues their climb into playoff relevance for the third season in a row.  Sulphur Springs can never be counted out, as they have plenty of tradition on their side of the court.    Longview and Pine Tree are struggling at the moment.

Still waiting word on MP's ladies as they haven't appeared to have played any district games yet.... and if those games can be made up.  

District play resumes Jan 5th

Game 1- Dec 11

Game 2- Dec 15

Game 3- Dec 18

MAKEUP GAME:

Game 4- Dec 22
Sulphur Springs beat Pine Tree 41-12
Texas High beat Longview 61-33

----------------

District 16 girls will start Jan 5.  Boys will start on the 12th.

On 12/26/2020 at 6:31 PM, Mavchamp said:

DISTRICT 15-5A BOYS BASKETBALL
Sulphur Springs 1-0
Texas High 1-0
Hallsville 1-0
Mount Pleasant 0-0
Marshall 0-1
Longview 0-1
Pine Tree 0-1

MP and Sulphur Springs have dominated this district in its various alignments the last 5-6 years.  Each have made multiple deep runs in the playoffs.  No reason to think that will end this season.  Don't be deceived by SS's (8-5) record.... they have been playing some of the top talent in the DFW area in prep for their expected playoff run.  Rumor has it MP has not lost a game this season, although I can't find an overall record.  The race appears to be for 3rd and fourth place between Texas High, Marshall, and Longview.  Hallsville, however, appears to be much improved.  

Could be a fun race.  District play will resume Jan 5th.

Game 1- Dec 22
Texas high beat Longview 60-46
OFF- Mt. Pleasant

-----------------------

DISTRICT 15-5A GIRLS BASKETBALL
Hallsville 4-0
Texas High 3-1
Marshall 2-1
Sulphur Springs 1-2
Mt. Pleasant 0-0
Longview 0-2
Pine Tree 0-3

As expected most season......Hallsville appears to be the early favorite for the district title, but Texas High is hanging in there for the race.  Marshall continues their climb into playoff relevance for the third season in a row.  Sulphur Springs can never be counted out, as they have plenty of tradition on their side of the court.    Longview and Pine Tree are struggling at the moment.

Still waiting word on MP's ladies as they haven't appeared to have played any district games yet.... and if those games can be made up.  

District play resumes Jan 5th

Game 1- Dec 11

Game 2- Dec 15

Game 3- Dec 18

MAKEUP GAME:

Game 4- Dec 22
Sulphur Springs beat Pine Tree 41-12
Texas High beat Longview 61-33

----------------

District 16 girls will start Jan 5.  Boys will start on the 12th.

Mp boys are 9-0. Possibly 10-0 depending on gamve vs. Hendo.

Mp girls are 4-2.

34 minutes ago, budmanmpfan said:

Mp boys are 9-0. Possibly 10-0 depending on gamve vs. Hendo.

Mp girls are 4-2.

Have they played any of their district games? 

Every game district game missing so far has been someone Vs Mp.