2020 NCAA Football

6 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

That will be a blowout in 2020...  Patterson can't do it without a good defense and a smart QB and it appears he has neither for 2020.

I didn’t say it would be a good game, just passing along what was reported. I would like to see BAMA actually challenged in one of these openers. Games being scheduled 4-5 years out makes it hard to get good games. USC appeared to be on the upswing when this year’s game was scheduled. Missing spring practice throws a kink in things, but based on what we have coming back, I can see 2020 BAMA looking a lot like the ‘11-12 teams. More ball-control offense with a strong run game and play action pass, and a really stout defense. 

6 hours ago, Red90fly said:

That would cancel A&M/Colorado, Oregon/Ohio State, and Texas Tech/Arizona as well.

So my question is this: let’s say one of the PAC-12 teams finishes 11-0 and the committee has them at #4 after the CCGs. That means they get an invite to a semi-final playoff, perhaps somewhere like Atlanta, DFW, or Miami. That puts them in quite a pickle, no? Do they stick to their COVID guns and decline to play? Or do they wink at their own rules and send their student-athletes into one of those dangerous cities? What to do, what to do? 

19 hours ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

Hmm interesting wonder why ?

Maryland HC Mike Locksley was OC at BAMA in ‘18 when Tua was lighting it up. He was one of Taulia’s main recruiters. I’m guessing they had a good relationship. Nick also has a reputation of giving advice to players that ask him on where they should transfer too. I have no idea if that’s the case here. He did tell Jalen Hurts that OU was probably the best fit for him because they had the best players for him to work with, as opposed to others he was considering. 

Most Important Big XII Games In 2020 (Berry Tramel/Tulsa World

Here's my thoughts on a few of his picks...

1.) Texas at Oklahoma State: this will be a preview for the conference championship game. I predict these team will split the series. 

6.) Oklahoma vs. Texas: if UT doesn't win this game Herman should be fired immediately after. 

8.) Tennessee at Oklahoma: Tennessee certainly aren't the Vols of old, but it's still a pretty good chance to see where this OU team has progressed overall. 

20.) Oklahoma at Army: Triple-option teams are always a challenge, but this is an opportunity for Grinch to permanently assert himself as the anti-Mike.

33.) Oklahoma at West Virginia: throw the rankings and records out the window, this one is in Morgantown. The couches aren't the only thing gonna be on fire. 

54.) Texas at Kansas: same as the aforementioned Red River Shootout, if UT loses then you fire Herman before he even walks off the field.

58.) Kansas State at Oklahoma: we need some payback at home.

1 hour ago, LOL said:

1.) Texas at Oklahoma State: this will be a preview for the conference championship game. I predict these team will split the series. 

6.) Oklahoma vs. Texas: if UT doesn't win this game Herman should be fired immediately after. 

8.) Tennessee at Oklahoma: Tennessee certainly aren't the Vols of old, but it's still a pretty good chance to see where this OU team has progressed overall. 

20.) Oklahoma at Army: Triple-option teams are always a challenge, but this is an opportunity for Grinch to permanently assert himself as the anti-Mike.

33.) Oklahoma at West Virginia: throw the rankings and records out the window, this one is in Morgantown. The couches aren't the only thing gonna be on fire. 

54.) Texas at Kansas: same as the aforementioned Red River Shootout, if UT loses then you fire Herman before he even walks off the field.

58.) Kansas State at Oklahoma: we need some payback at home.

Spencer Rattler and his weapons are still better than what UT has IMO.  I think it’s UT vs OU in the B12 CCG with a split... I always lean towards OU in a title game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

Spencer Rattler and his weapons are still better than what UT has IMO.  I think it’s UT vs OU in the B12 CCG with a split... I always lean towards OU in a title game.

Kid has tons of upside, but he's too much of a young gunslinger. I'm expecting a lotta forced-ball INTs in his first season until he settles down. Plus, the RRS is difficult for even a seasoned upperclassman to play well. I'm expecting him to make plenty of costly mistakes. But that's okay, he's gonna be a good one. 

I think we drop games to UT and Okie State and one more...  probably someone random and inexplicable, like TCU or Kansas State. 

On 5/18/2020 at 12:52 PM, LOL said:

Spencer Sanders will be a turnover machine in a road game @ Norman but look like a Heisman finalist @ home against Texas to close out the year.  Or at least that's usually how these things go.

On 5/18/2020 at 3:57 PM, LOL said:

think we drop games to UT and Okie State and one more...  probably someone random and inexplicable, like TCU or Kansas State. 

"IF" OU was to drop a random game I'd think @ Iowa State would be the pick.  Plus it's the week after the RRS.

Kansas State has to replace a ton that graduated.  Will probably be better 2nd half of the season.  Glad Texas gets them early.

12 hours ago, Red90fly said:

"IF" OU was to drop a random game I'd think @ Iowa State would be the pick.  Plus it's the week after the RRS.

Kansas State has to replace a ton that graduated.  Will probably be better 2nd half of the season.  Glad Texas gets them early.

I wanna catch a Iowa State game this year. Lotta talk about the Purdy kid being the real deal at QB. Possible 1st round talent. Him against OU would probably be a good one.

16 hours ago, Red90fly said:

Spencer Sanders will be a turnover machine...

So will Spencer Rattler...  his upside is huge, but it's gonna take at least a year of seasoning before he becomes legit.

Kansas State has to replace a ton that graduated...

So do we...  plus their rag-armed QB torched us last season. He'll be back. 

"IF" OU was to drop a random game I'd think @ Iowa State would be the pick...

4 hours ago, Stoney said:

Lotta talk about the Purdy kid being the real deal at QB.

I'm not worried about Purdy as much as I'm worried about his backup. 

• 2 weeks later...

BAMA redshirt junior WR Tyrell Shavers has entered the transfer portal. Not sure why he’s transferring. He was lined up to compete for a starting role this year after Jerry Jeudy and Henry Ruggs III moved on to the NFL. Big bodied kid (6’6”, 205) with good speed. He’s already graduated from UA, so he will be eligible to play wherever he goes. Should be a good pickup for someone. 

On 6/3/2020 at 11:58 AM, Valhalla said:

Okie Light has 3 players so far now that have tested positive.

BAMA has 5 shortly after allowing players back on campus for voluntary workouts. Not sure how long any of them were actually on campus before being tested. Kinda makes me nervous because we all know that the first time a player winds up in the hospital with COVID the football season is over. 

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

People better be ready for a lot of this. The archeologists will be out in full force.

I am in no way condoning racism, I am just using this example as a catalyst to make a comment about people bringing things up that happened in the past and complaining about it or applying today’s standards to it now.

If someone texted or said something to you or about you 3, 5,  10 years ago, if it was so offensive, why didn’t you say something then?

When will they stop showing old movies from the 30”s and 40”s that reflected social “norms” from that era? What about reruns of old sitcoms like In Living Color, The Dave Chappelle Show, etc. that poked fun at ALL people?

As I said in a separate post, I do not care for exploitation, exaggeration, taking things out of context, double standards, etc.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Bruh, they've already banned Speedy Gonzalez once, only bringing him back after protests from Mexicans, who were huge fans. A lot of old movies and cartoons have been banned. It's straight up something out of a George Orwell novel.

It’s like they want to do away with anything that shows people of different ethnicities working together not wanting to kill each other. Maybe that’s why football is on their hit list. It brings people together across all the lines they use to divide us. 

6 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Bruh, they've already banned Speedy Gonzalez once, only bringing him back after protests from Mexicans, who were huge fans. A lot of old movies and cartoons have been banned. It's straight up something out of a George Orwell novel.

To me, its like "Banned Library Books."  While there may be some offensive material in these things, there is still a lot you can learn from them.

15 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

To me, its like "Banned Library Books."  While there may be some offensive material in these things, there is still a lot you can learn from them.

Makes you wonder if the season will start at all particularly in this panic driven world we live in today.