2020 NCAA Football

20 minutes ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

Makes you wonder if the season will start at all particularly in this panic driven world we live in today.

My father in law tested positive yesterday.  He thinks he contracted it a week ago.  He is still asymptotic which is the case 80% of the time.  Only 5% end in hospitalization and roughly 1% in death.  We will start on time 

18 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

My father in law tested positive yesterday.  He thinks he contracted it a week ago.  He is still asymptotic which is the case 80% of the time.  Only 5% end in hospitalization and roughly 1% in death.  We will start on time 

I am all for starting the season on time and I hope that we do but there are a lot of snowflakes out there that err on the side of extreme caution and/or "political correctness" and/or mob mentality.

34 minutes ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

I am all for starting the season on time and I hope that we do but there are a lot of snowflakes out there that err on the side of extreme caution and/or "political correctness" and/or mob mentality.

Let the snowflakes cancel their season :) 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, LOL said:

I'm encouraging people to lock down their social media feeds. There's an employee I know of who was reprimanded for liking a Tweet. 

Not posting or commenting. Just clicking "like." 

I interviewed for a job in a neighboring school district last week. One of the classes I would be teaching is Social Media Marketing. We discussed that class a lot in the interview...Actually that is the only class we discussed (The other two were Fashion Marketing and Sports & Entertainment Marketing)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, topher805 said:

I interviewed for a job in a neighboring school district last week. One of the classes I would be teaching is Social Media Marketing. We discussed that class a lot in the interview...Actually that is the only class we discussed (The other two were Fashion Marketing and Sports & Entertainment Marketing)

When my daughter was in her senior year at UT-Austin she interned with Chuy's Restuarant's marketing department.  Part of her job was handling social media.  It is amazing how much thought and effort was put into providing the appropriate response to less than stellar comments made on social media. 

She just turned 28 last week and still is in marketing and does some social media marketing with her present position.  We were talking about social media the other day and fortunately she has enough sense to stay off of it with any social commentary.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

When my daughter was in her senior year at UT-Austin she interned with Chuy's Restuarant's marketing department.  Part of her job was handling social media.  It is amazing how much thought and effort was put into providing the appropriate response to less than stellar comments made on social media. 

She just turned 28 last week and still is in marketing and does some social media marketing with her present position.  We were talking about social media the other day and fortunately she has enough sense to stay off of it with any social commentary.

It has always been crazy, but even more so now. I told the principals that I would explain the power of social media and why caution should be used before people speak on there.

They asked about the 1st amendment and I told them that I 100% support the first amendment, but also have the understanding that freedom of speech isn't freedom from consequence and that would be relayed to the students early and often.

3 minutes ago, topher805 said:

It has always been crazy, but even more so now. I told the principals that I would explain the power of social media and why caution should be used before people speak on there.

They asked about the 1st amendment and I told them that I 100% support the first amendment, but also have the understanding that freedom of speech isn't freedom from consequence and that would be relayed to the students early and often.

The problem with the right to free speech today is if you do not say the "right thing", be it right or wrong, and it goes against popular opinion, then you are issuing an apology, losing your job, etc.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

The problem with the right to free speech today is if you do not say the "right thing", be it right or wrong, and it goes against popular opinion, then you are issuing an apology, losing your job, etc.

Cough*Drew Brees*Cough

I honestly thought he needed to retire...To keep things college, Dabo is catching flack right now

On 6/8/2020 at 7:41 AM, LOL said:

Lemme know if you ever need a guest speaker. I'll gladly come to your school and scare the bejesus outta your kids.   :D 

You’re not gonna do that streaker thing again are you? You should have given that up after college. 

• LOL! 1

3 hours ago, LOL said:

Nah, thanks to that annoying restraining order I'll be keeping my clothes on during public functions for the foreseeable future. 

By the growing size of the nursery at the annual SDC Admin/Mod retreat, we all may want to adopt a clothing on in private functions as well.

• LOL! 1

On 6/7/2020 at 7:34 PM, topher805 said:

Cough*Drew Brees*Cough

I honestly thought he needed to retire...To keep things college, Dabo is catching flack right now

Iowa and Kirk Ferentz will be the next ones. 

14 hours ago, Stoney said:

By the growing size of the nursery at the annual SDC Admin/Mod retreat, we all may want to adopt a clothing on in private functions as well.

Mav and I are just doing our part to propagate our superior genetics. You're welcome. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

• 3 weeks later...

Wetsu will probably kill 12 deer this season... 1 deer for every Saturday I miss the Aggies play. PETA better get their act together and make sure this season gets played... for the sake of the animals. 

• LOL! 2

4 hours ago, Valhalla said:

If we have a playoff this year then that selection is going to be a circus if we only play conference schedules. 

Ohio State is definitely in under these circumstances...Not only are they definitely in, they will be the #1 seed

11 minutes ago, topher805 said:

Ohio State is definitely in under these circumstances...Not only are they definitely in, they will be the #1 seed

4 hours ago, Valhalla said:

If we have a playoff this year then that selection is going to be a circus if we only play conference schedules. 

I was thinking SEC, SEC, SEC, SEC playoffs. Lol Seriously, at this point I’m almost ready to say give me a full season in the spring versus a partial season in the fall.

2 minutes ago, Stoney said:

I was thinking SEC, SEC, SEC, SEC playoffs. Lol Seriously, at this point I’m almost ready to say give me a full season in the spring versus a partial season in the fall.

I want to see how much that “extra data point” is going to matter his year if teams only get to play conference games. The ACC and SEC champion will play less games than the champion of the other power 5 conferences.