2020 NCAA Football

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

I was thinking SEC, SEC, SEC, SEC playoffs. Lol Seriously, at this point I’m almost ready to say give me a full season in the spring versus a partial season in the fall.

It will be the same #### in the Spring if Trump is president still... So if they shut down fall football and you want it played in the Spring, plus to pay for your insurance and everyone else's, Vote Biden 2020...  Biden 2020 will cure Coronavirus.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I saw a suggestion on Twitter that the Big12 should offer Notre Dame a year one affiliation with the chance to play for a conference championship. 

That gives the Big 12 teams 10 games with a possibility of a conference championship and playoffs. 

5 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

If all conferences move to conference only games, how will A&M get to a winning record?

Assuming the SEC would only play 8 conference games like normal then they would play:

Arkansas

Ole Miss 

Miss State

Auburn

LSU

Alabama

South Carolina

Vanderbilt

So they get to play the two worst teams from the East side this year. That will help.

All kidding aside, non conference games not being played makes zero sense to me...

- Apparently what we're saying is, 'You can't get COVID from conference opponents just like you can't get COVID from family and friends.'

- If we still have any postseason...bowl games and playoffs...how is that any different than the OOC games?

- In addition to playing fewer games already (with no OOC games), coupled with all conferences don't play the same number of conference games, how will that impact bowl eligibility? 

- And as it's been pointed out above, we all know people have their individual opinions of the strength of each conference. How much will this play into playoff selection?

It's not like the NFL where you have preseason games that don't matter. Every game in college football matters. Either play the entire season, or don't play it at all.

1 hour ago, Lobo97 said:

All kidding aside, non conference games not being played makes zero sense to me...

- Apparently what we're saying is, 'You can't get COVID from conference opponents just like you can't get COVID from family and friends.'

- If we still have any postseason...bowl games and playoffs...how is that any different than the OOC games?

- In addition to playing fewer games already (with no OOC games), coupled with all conferences don't play the same number of conference games, how will that impact bowl eligibility? 

- And as it's been pointed out above, we all know people have their individual opinions of the strength of each conference. How much will this play into playoff selection?

It's not like the NFL where you have preseason games that don't matter. Every game in college football matters. Either play the entire season, or don't play it at all.

Right.  WVU can come to Texas but UTEP cannot come to Austin nor can Texas go to Louisiana.  Makes zero sense.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

NFL has banned postgame jersey swaps. 🙄 You can play 60 minutes of knocking the crud out somebody. That’s safe. You just can’t swap clothes afterward? All this because the Longhorns cooked up a disease to help cancel the season because my Aggies were gonna win the Natty and Mond the Heis....😂😂😂 I’m sorry. There’s no way I could complete that sentence. 😂😂😂

• LOL! 1

51 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

PAC - 12 follows the Big 10.

I wonder if we could have some kind of Big 12/SEC/ACC alliance for non conference games.

ACC is very likely to follow the Big10 and PAC-12 in going conference only. The SEC, since they will, by process of elimination, be forced into a conference only schedule, is discussing adding one or two conference games to its schedule. That would put everyone playing their 6 division games, plus the two previously scheduled cross division games, as well as two more cross-division games. For example, BAMA already has their 6 SEC West games, plus hosting UGA in week 3 and the traditional Third Saturday in October at Tennessee. They could also wind up with Florida and South Carolina. That would put Florida playing BAMA and LSU. 

6 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

ACC is very likely to follow the Big10 and PAC-12 in going conference only. The SEC, since they will, by process of elimination, be forced into a conference only schedule, is discussing adding one or two conference games to its schedule. That would put everyone playing their 6 division games, plus the two previously scheduled cross division games, as well as two more cross-division games. For example, BAMA already has their 6 SEC West games, plus hosting UGA in week 3 and the traditional Third Saturday in October at Tennessee. They could also wind up with Florida and South Carolina. That would put Florida playing BAMA and LSU. 

Unfortunately, there is no governing power that can make all of the conferences do the same thing, and enforce the same testing rules for all of the Power 5 conferences. 

It really more safe for South Carolina to play Texas A&M than Clemson? And that’s just one example. 

36 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Unfortunately, there is no governing power that can make all of the conferences do the same thing, and enforce the same testing rules for all of the Power 5 conferences. 

It really more safe for South Carolina to play Texas A&M than Clemson? And that’s just one example. 

Correct. What about bowl games? Playoff games? Will the NCAA consider moving a semifinal or national championship game if the host city is dealing with a COVID outbreak? Will bowl season and the CFP be victims similar to March madness? 

4 hours ago, Stoney said:

NFL has banned postgame jersey swaps. 🙄 You can play 60 minutes of knocking the crud out somebody. That’s safe. You just can’t swap clothes afterward? All this because the Longhorns cooked up a disease to keep cancel the season because my Aggies were gonna win the Natty and Mond the Heis....😂😂😂 I’m sorry. There’s no way I could complete that sentence. 😂😂😂

They did us a favor.  It’s a dumb idea stolen from soccer

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2020 at 2:20 PM, trueblue82 said:

I didn’t live in Marshall. We’ve been covered up with people wearing purple and yellow around here since the’80s. 

In podunk Rusk County during late 80s early 90s you were either a 'Horn or an Aggie...  or (in my case) a blasphemous Hurricanes fan. 

On 7/21/2020 at 2:50 PM, LOL said:

In podunk Rusk County during late 80s early 90s you were either a 'Horn or an Aggie...  or (in my case) a blasphemous Hurricanes fan. 

I’ll admit to a brief fling with Nebraska fanship in the mid 90s. That triple option was fun to watch.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Stoney said:

I’ll admit to a brief fling with Nebraska fanship in the mid 90s. That triple option was fun to watch.

Story time: I first met @Smoaky when I was in high school, working at the Country Tavern as a busboy. I just went up to tell him real quick how much I enjoyed his show and his faithful coverage of East Texas athletes. Dude proceeded to talk football with me for nearly an hour. I told him of my ambitions to be the heir apparent of Gino Torretta at Miami. He politely suggested that I might have a better shot in D-I at fullback, then suggested I hit the weights and try to walk-on at Nebraska. 

6 hours ago, LOL said:

Story time: I first met @Smoaky when I was in high school, working at the Country Tavern as a busboy. I just went up to tell him real quick how much I enjoyed his show and his faithful coverage of East Texas athletes. Dude proceeded to talk football with me for nearly an hour. I told him of my ambitions to be the heir apparent of Gino Torretta at Miami. He politely suggested that I might have a better shot in D-I at fullback, then suggested I hit the weights and try to walk-on at Nebraska. 

@LOL check your Twitter... I mentioned you in a post that may bring back old nightmares in anticipation of this football season

• LOL! 1

On 7/23/2020 at 4:51 PM, MavGrad99 said:

@LOL check your Twitter... I mentioned you in a post that may bring back old nightmares in anticipation of this football season

Lol, naw man, I'm over it. Frankly, I was over it before the game even started because I knew what was gonna happen. It's all good. You can't hurt something that's already numb.  :woot:

• LOL! 1