2020 NCAA Football

28 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Ohio State prez is a big 10 lifer so they ain’t coming. 

Yeah, that wouldn't even be a longshot, that would be a "pigs fly" scenario.

But the Big XII could try to pick off a couple of the also-rans like Nebby and Iowa. 

19 minutes ago, LOL said:

Yeah, that wouldn't even be a longshot, that would be a "pigs fly" scenario.

But the Big XII could try to pick off a couple of the also-rans like Nebby and Iowa. 

Those two wouldn’t upset the power structure. OU would still be King, and Horns fans could continue playing the what-if scenario. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

17 hours ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

Do you think this is possible ? I assume Ohio st would be cream of the crop. I could see Nebraska saving face and saying yeah we will try it out . 

Sounds like Iowa, Ohio State, Penn State, and Nebraska are the teams that are saying we are wanting to make a move. The Big 12 and SEC are going to make some moves. When this happens...I think more things will start to happen and I think you will see Michigan say oh wait, we want to go somewhere too. The Big 12, could grab BYU and Boise State or UCF...with Nebraska and Iowa. The SEC could grab Ohio State and Penn State. Big 12 needs to take this opportunity to change name to something more appropriate...get rid of number...it only complicates.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

Sounds like Iowa, Ohio State, Penn State, and Nebraska are the teams that are saying we are wanting to make a move. The Big 12 and SEC are going to make some moves. When this happens...I think more things will start to happen and I think you will see Michigan say oh wait, we want to go somewhere too. The Big 12, could grab BYU and Boise State or UCF...with Nebraska and Iowa. The SEC could grab Ohio State and Penn State. Big 12 needs to take this opportunity to change name to something more appropriate...get rid of number...it only complicates.

They’ll serve ice cream in hell before Michigan or Ohio State join the SEC. OSU prez is an elitist snob who sees them as being “above” the rednecks from the South. I also don’t see the SEC wanting schools that get them that far outside a “southeastern” footprint. They might make an exception for a one year deal, but permanently, no. Iowa and Nebraska to the Big12 is much more likely IMHO, but I think that would be a one year deal also, unless the Big10 establishment shoved them out the door for not toeing the line. 

• Like 2

We’ve been talking for almost a decade about the coming of the super conferences and the possibility of them going outside of the NCAA. Is this the moment for it to happen? The have not conferences are shutting down their seasons. You have schools cutting athletic programs left and right. There’s been serious talk about a couple programs moving down to FCS. The SEC, ACC and Big 12 are standing their ground. You have programs in the Big 10 wanting to play despite the conferences decision. What do Y’all think? Crazy or possible?

38 minutes ago, Stoney said:

We’ve been talking for almost a decade about the coming of the super conferences and the possibility of them going outside of the NCAA. Is this the moment for it to happen? The have not conferences are shutting down their seasons. You have schools cutting athletic programs left and right. There’s been serious talk about a couple programs moving down to FCS. The SEC, ACC and Big 12 are standing their ground. You have programs in the Big 10 wanting to play despite the conferences decision. What do Y’all think? Crazy or possible?

Possible for sure.  Let’s say we don’t play football this year.  Let’s say the other conferences blame the ACC and B10.  I think the  damage is already done and we will see some teams exit their conferences.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Possible for sure.  Let’s say we don’t play football this year.  Let’s say the other conferences blame the ACC and B10.  I think the  damage is already done and we will see some teams exit their conferences.  

Do it. Make a players association so we can bring back the NCAA Football video game while they are at it. Let’s do it right.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Stoney said:

Do it. Make a players association so we can bring back the NCAA Football video game while they are at it. Let’s do it right.

Ugh, don't get me started. There's such an obvious work-around for that right now that would allow an NCAA Football game. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Oh it’s easy.  License the schools through the NCAA and the players should all just be randomly generated

Yep. You can still make some teams stronger overall, but the player names/numbers/appearance/ratings could all be random. Easy. 

3 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

With the COVID altered transfer guidelines now public, Nick asked me to put the word out that he has a spot open on his roster for a good place kicker. You can send videos to my inbox. TIA 

76871B54-1871-40FA-A979-E3D7EC01DAA0.jpeg

I have it on good authority that Malzahn really likes the Bulovas kid Bama has.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

With the COVID altered transfer guidelines now public, Nick asked me to put the word out that he has a spot open on his roster for a good place kicker. You can send videos to my inbox. TIA 

I heard ol' Brucie just made parole and has some eligibility left. 🤔😂

20200815_122640.jpg