2020 NCAA Football

On 9/6/2020 at 11:30 AM, cotton84 said:

Before the opening kickoff - Stephen F Austin kickoff team kneeled near the ball when the play clock started.  UTEP knew in advance what was going to be done, so their kick return team kneeled in position also.   SFA was called for delay of game but UTEP refused the 5 yard penalty.  
I have no problem with this. Much much better than kneeling during the National Anthem. 

Then they got beat. 😂😂

EKU wore those BLM shirts and then got beat 59-0. 

You just hate to see it.

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Then they got beat. 😂😂

EKU wore those BLM shirts and then got beat 59-0. 

You just hate to see it.

SFA lost because of sloppy play after taking a 14-3 lead over UTEP. A declined delay of game penalty had nothing to do with it...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Ah yes. 

If someone doesn't agree with you, call them racist. That'll surely work!

If you want to champion a rapist and lifelong criminals, I guess that's your prerogative.

So let's be clear here. You agree, that you don't support a team that wants to end systemic racism and equality for everyone.

The belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human racial groups determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to dominate others or that a particular racial group is inferior to the others. That my friend is the definition of racism.

Let's be clear here again. We are talking about a group of mostly African American football players here. That is who played the game between UTEP and SFA. Yes, there are other races involved before you try to go that route. But now you are characterizing them as lifelong long rapists and criminals? Be better than that man. I think you need to do some soul searching buddy.

12 minutes ago, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

So let's be clear here. You agree, that you don't support a team that wants to end systemic racism and equality for everyone.

The belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human racial groups determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to dominate others or that a particular racial group is inferior to the others. That my friend is the definition of racism.

Let's be clear clear here again. We are talking about a group of mostly African American football players here. That is who played the game between UTEP and SFA. Yes, there are other races involved before you try to go that route. But now you are characterizing them as lifelong long rapists and criminals? Be better than that man. I think you need to do some soul searching buddy.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Johnny is referring to Jacob Blake and George Floyd. That's not what they took a knee for. This wasnt a BLM protest. This wasnt done in a disrespectful way. Here is a statement from the team.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

Let's be clear clear here again. We are talking about a group of mostly African American football players here. That is who played the game between UTEP and SFA. Yes, there are other races involved before you try to go that route. But now you are characterizing them as lifelong long rapists and criminals? Be better than that man. I think you need to do some soul searching buddy.

Systemic racism ended with Jim Crow......

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

Let's be clear here again. We are talking about a group of mostly African American football players here. That is who played the game between UTEP and SFA. Yes, there are other races involved before you try to go that route. But now you are characterizing them as lifelong long rapists and criminals? Be better than that man. I think you need to do some soul searching buddy.

If that was what they were for, I'd be all for supporting them. However, the movement of BLM has been co opted and is completely Marxist (donations on their webpage go straight to Act Blue, a liberal politics organization), has decided that rioting and burning down buildings is more important, and has members shouting "White lives don't matter" as they sucker punch random white people on the streets with bricks. 

That's not to mention that the entire premise of their stance is completely flawed- the people who were shot were resisting arrest and were lifelong criminals, one who was fresh off of sexually assaulting his ex and stealing her car when the cops showed up. 

If BLM were truly about black lives and equality, I'd be happy to stand alongside them. But they're not for that, so I don't.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

Yeah..... I'm not the one actively rooting against social justice. 

Outside of your little East Texas bubble, comments against social justice would be regarded as racist. 

Social justice is just another word for Marxism.......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How is social justice Marxism? and how is it racist to disagree with whichever side of the fence you fall on unless your putting someone/keeping someone down from one side of that fence? 

A lot of this stuff shouldn't be in our sports world unfortunately but is because some folks are forcing it into our faces by saying it's their "platform". They have been told they have a voice...not realizing that not every athlete has "a voice"...elite, commercialized athletes with big contracts and some cache have "a voice", people are interested in what they say...little school no bodies do not...they make folks mad and cause more of a stir in their small community usually more than really anything else. Your actions have to be well thought out including what the reactions are going to be...in strategy, you have to predict the result before you do something...these are those types of things. Signing a player like Colin Kaepernick now. Would he help your actual team? Probably not. Would he help you in the press? Probably for a week or 2. Would he (and his girlfriend that's a loose cannon) be a liability over the coarse of a season with an agenda? Very possible when compared to talent wise what he would bring to the field. Would he sell some jerseys? Yes probably...so you could make some bank for the holiday season. Depends what is important to an owner.

Hot sports opinion: sounds like an opportunity for the Raiders.