2020 NCAA Football

Big 10 has now realized their place in college football. League officials announced they will have a fall season beginning on October 24...

They thought everyone would follow their lead because they are the Big 10...WRONG...Not going to say they overreacted by they definitely pulled the trigger to early on their decision. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

1 hour ago, ETXfan16 said:

This is what I dont understand.... October 24?? How are you going to squeeze in 9-10 games. No bye week? 

The Pac 12 still isn't playing - not that they made much of an impact anyway.

It all seems so out of whack.

I don't think the pandemic is holding the Pac-12 back as much as the wildfires. A lot of places, a N95 mask is the MINIMUM requirement to be outdoors because of the air quality...Pretty sure they will remain out for the fall. 

They made a political decision and screwed up.  Now they are going to rush back and screw it up because they are going to expose each other to COVID and have positive tests and have to fight that internal struggle on whether to cancel games or play without the COVID kids.  I guarantee you that LSU, Bama, Clemson will not have any cancellation due to COVID.  Most of their kids have either tested positive at some point or have been exposed...  B10 and PAC12 have yet to face that, which is going to make their road difficult.

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

They made a political decision and screwed up.  Now they are going to rush back and screw it up because they are going to expose each other to COVID and have positive tests and have to fight that internal struggle on whether to cancel games or play without the COVID kids.  I guarantee you that LSU, Bama, Clemson will not have any cancellation due to COVID.  Most of their kids have either tested positive at some point or have been exposed...  B10 and PAC12 have yet to face that, which is going to make their road difficult.

You had me at "hello." 

17 minutes ago, LOL said:

You had me at "hello." 

You know, the NCAA really screwed this up.

All the NCAA had to do was come out and say "We are going to allow football.  We are going to allow the conferences to dictate the terms in which they will allow their players to participate.  Cross-conference games will need to be agreed upon between conferences."  

That basically washes the NCAA clean.  It is saying "You can play football, but we aren't going to make you."  It also says "You are playing on your terms, not ours."  And finally, the NCAA would only have to make regulations for the Playoffs...  

The NCAA keeps ending up with :poop: stains in their underwear no matter how much and how often they wipe.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, topher805 said:

I don't think the pandemic is holding the Pac-12 back as much as the wildfires. A lot of places, a N95 mask is the MINIMUM requirement to be outdoors because of the air quality...Pretty sure they will remain out for the fall. 

The wildfires have definitely set them back, and there's nothing they can do about that. Really unfortunate there.

But if the Big 10 isn't starting until pretty much the end of October, don't you think the air quality out there will reside by then? 

11 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

The wildfires have definitely set them back, and there's nothing they can do about that. Really unfortunate there.

But if the Big 10 isn't starting until pretty much the end of October, don't you think the air quality out there will reside by then? 

Depends on if they can get them under control. I just read that the Gov. of Washington expressed optimism in getting things under control there. Oregon is getting some good news. California is bad with no end in sight. I hope they can get this all under control soon because I would like to see Oregon or Washington make a push for the Pac...Just not very optimistic for those guys

8 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

This is what I dont understand.... October 24?? How are you going to squeeze in 9-10 games. No bye week? 

The Pac 12 still isn't playing - not that they made much of an impact anyway.

It all seems so out of whack.

They will not be playing 9-10 games.

Each team will attempt to play eight games in eight weeks , leaving no wiggle room during the coronavirus pandemic before the Big Ten championship game on Dec. 19.

Good luck with that kind of compressed schedule.  I'll bet that there will be many cancellations, if the conference manages to finish the season at all!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Prepare for a wave of Big10 opt-outs. 

13 hours ago, BlackwellSooner said:

They will not be playing 9-10 games.

Each team will attempt to play eight games in eight weeks , leaving no wiggle room during the coronavirus pandemic before the Big Ten championship game on Dec. 19.

Good luck with that kind of compressed schedule.  I'll bet that there will be many cancellations, if the conference manages to finish the season at all!

Wow, yeah talk about no wiggle room. I foresee a few cancellations for sure.

18 hours ago, topher805 said:

Depends on if they can get them under control. I just read that the Gov. of Washington expressed optimism in getting things under control there. Oregon is getting some good news. California is bad with no end in sight. I hope they can get this all under control soon because I would like to see Oregon or Washington make a push for the Pac...Just not very optimistic for those guys

MLB is hosting the ALDS and ALCS at Dodger stadium, but USC can't play football? Hmmmm..

22 hours ago, LOL said:

You had me at "hello." 

Yep. 

The B1G was attempting some big power play to lead the way and hope others would be forced to cancel when they did. 

The other conferences laughed at then and carried forward (not scared of the disease with a 99+% survival rate)  so the B1G KNEW they'd have to reverse course. They couldn't do it immediately, though, cause it would've looked even worse. 

They've not given themselves much wiggle room, but what they're doing should work.

They have to give themselves a month to get into game shape, though they've been practicing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Yep. 

The B1G was attempting some big power play to lead the way and hope others would be forced to cancel when they did. 

The other conferences laughed at then and carried forward (not scared of the disease with a 99+% survival rate)  so the B1G KNEW they'd have to reverse course. They couldn't do it immediately, though, cause it would've looked even worse. 

They've not given themselves much wiggle room, but what they're doing should work.

They have to give themselves a month to get into game shape, though they've been practicing.

It was amazing to watch. They came out with their chests up like they were leading the charge. They honestly thought they were the big dog that everyone followed. They couldn't even get Notre Dame to follow them and ND sits right in the heart of B1G country. Their self inflated sense of ego was propped up by some east coast bias, that didn't even believe they made that decision. Now we get to see the schedules come out where Ohio State I'm sure will get a favorable draw so they can slide their way into the CFP. 

I am surprised to hear the Pac-12 is looking to play now. I honestly thought they might be sitting this one out with Cal, Stanford, Washington, Washington State, Oregon, and Oregon State all affected by fires. 

On 9/10/2020 at 1:36 PM, Raiderfan7000 said:

How so when the group of BLM is racist in itself. It almost like if on paper the name Black lives matter is good but in reality it is a group of divisions and separation. The fact ignorance of their cause and intentions is disturbing.