2020 NCAA Football

10 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

I read this and immediately thought "what's the point in them playing?"

Probably to stop the bleeding in money and recruiting. I really feel like they (Big Ten/Pac) thought all they had to do was announced they were canceling and everyone would fall in line. 

1 hour ago, LOL said:

Probably to stop the bleeding in money and recruiting. I really feel like they (Big Ten/Pac) thought all they had to do was announced they were canceling and everyone would fall in line. 

That is exactly what happened. The other conferences had to, at the VERY least, wait to announce cancellations so that it didn't look like they were following suit. 

When the others decided to play, the B1G were in trouble and they knew it. But then THEY had to wait to make it look like it wasn't because the others didn't follow suit.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2020 at 11:52 AM, JohnnyFootball said:

To be fair to Ohio State, they wanted to play their schedule. They did everything they could to play. It isn't their fault the wussies in their conference didn't want to.

I believe their AD wanted to play but President did not

If any of you are the morons on ESPNU Radio trying to figure out why LSU looked so bad yesterday:

There were 2 returning starters on Offense.
There were 2 returning starters on Defense.
I believe the punter and kicker both also returned...

LSU is going to be awful...  Look at these 2 depth charts... quite a few of the guys on the 2020 depth chart aren't even listed on the 2019 depth chart...

https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/lsu/90981

LSU Starting Line up.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

If any of you are the morons on ESPNU Radio trying to figure out why LSU looked so bad yesterday:

There were 2 returning starters on Offense.
There were 2 returning starters on Defense.
I believe the punter and kicker both also returned...

LSU is going to be awful...  Look at these 2 depth charts... quite a few of the guys on the 2020 depth chart aren't even listed on the 2019 depth chart...

https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/lsu/90981

LSU Starting Line up.png

Mav, seeing the depth chart is one thing. Watching that game yesterday and actually seeing that depth chart play? That was a eye opener to how much they actually lost. It might be a long season in “Tigah” land but at least Y’all got a natty out of it.

4 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Mav, seeing the depth chart is one thing. Watching that game yesterday and actually seeing that depth chart play? That was a eye opener to how much they actually lost. It might be a long season in “Tigah” land but at least Y’all got a natty out of it.

I have another telling thing for you about this season/game... All 3 of those opt outs were starters and I am not sure that Farrell Jr. played... So both starting CBs, and the one of the best WRs in the NCAA opted out...  Plus I kept hearing stuff like "grad transfer from Nicholls St got beat on that pass play."  WTH?  There is absolutely nothing to be optimistic about this season.  Alabama and Florida look like the only 2 schools ready to play right now in the SEC.  The only other school I saw that looks fresh is Miami...

Sept. 15: Starting defensive end Neil Farrell Jr. opted back into the season, coach Ed Orgeron said. Farrell initially had opted out over COVID-19 concerns with his family, specifically his grandmother, but she is healthier now. His return drops LSU's opt-out count from four players to three.

Aug. 31: Defensive lineman Tyler Shelvin opted out of the season to prepare for the 2021 NFL Draft without referencing COVID-19. Shelvin started at nose tackle as a sophomore last season.

Aug. 30: Wide receiver Ja’Marr Chase, the reigning Biletnikoff Award winner, opted out of the season to prepare for the 2021 NFL Draft, where he's projected to be a top-five pick. A concern over COVID-19 is not the only reason for his early departure, the Lafayette Daily Advertiser reported

Aug. 17: Senior starting cornerback Kary Vincent Jr. announced on Twitter that he opted out of the season to prepare for the 2021 NFL Draft.

55 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I have another telling thing for you about this season/game... All 3 of those opt outs were starters and I am not sure that Farrell Jr. played... So both starting CBs, and the one of the best WRs in the NCAA opted out...  Plus I kept hearing stuff like "grad transfer from Nicholls St got beat on that pass play."  WTH?  There is absolutely nothing to be optimistic about this season.  Alabama and Florida look like the only 2 schools ready to play right now in the SEC.  The only other school I saw that looks fresh is Miami...

Sept. 15: Starting defensive end Neil Farrell Jr. opted back into the season, coach Ed Orgeron said. Farrell initially had opted out over COVID-19 concerns with his family, specifically his grandmother, but she is healthier now. His return drops LSU's opt-out count from four players to three.

Aug. 31: Defensive lineman Tyler Shelvin opted out of the season to prepare for the 2021 NFL Draft without referencing COVID-19. Shelvin started at nose tackle as a sophomore last season.

Aug. 30: Wide receiver Ja’Marr Chase, the reigning Biletnikoff Award winner, opted out of the season to prepare for the 2021 NFL Draft, where he's projected to be a top-five pick. A concern over COVID-19 is not the only reason for his early departure, the Lafayette Daily Advertiser reported

Aug. 17: Senior starting cornerback Kary Vincent Jr. announced on Twitter that he opted out of the season to prepare for the 2021 NFL Draft.

What happened to Stingley? Tigah buddy of mine said he was out yesterday. Seizure? I think it’s going to be one of those years where madness reigns early. Just have to hope you can survive it and be hitting your stride towards the end of the season.