2020 NCAA Football

20 minutes ago, Stoney said:

What happened to Stingley? Tigah buddy of mine said he was out yesterday. Seizure? I think it’s going to be one of those years where madness reigns early. Just have to hope you can survive it and be hitting your stride towards the end of the season. 

They never said anything other than a “non-COVID related illness.”  I jokingly said he got some bad weed

• LOL! 1

5 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

If any of you are the morons on ESPNU Radio trying to figure out why LSU looked so bad yesterday:

There were 2 returning starters on Offense.
There were 2 returning starters on Defense.
I believe the punter and kicker both also returned...

LSU is going to be awful...  Look at these 2 depth charts... quite a few of the guys on the 2020 depth chart aren't even listed on the 2019 depth chart...

https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/lsu/90981

LSU Starting Line up.png

I expected this from LSU tbh... after seeing how many guys left/opted out, I knew they wouldn’t be at that 6 ranking for long. 

2 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I mean let's just all pretend that The Battle for the Chancellor's Spur hasn't been a rivalry game for almost a hundred years. Tech will play Texas harder than they'll play any team all year. 

Several questions: when did chancellor ms start wearing spurs? Isn’t the chancellor a position in a monarchy? What does it have to do with football? Particularly in the U.S? Who battles for the spur? And why isn’t it a full set? Who wears the spur on the winning team? Won’t they look silly with only one spur? I’m glad my team doesn’t engage in such silliness. 

2 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Several questions: when did chancellor ms start wearing spurs? Isn’t the chancellor a position in a monarchy? What does it have to do with football? Particularly in the U.S? Who battles for the spur? And why isn’t it a full set? Who wears the spur on the winning team? Won’t they look silly with only one spur? I’m glad my team doesn’t engage in such silliness. 

Spurs*

It's about as silly as competing for a flower glued to a plaque, or a trophy in the shape of Arkansas and Louisiana attached to one another. "Why do they call it a boot? Is it because LSU and Arkansas fans can't distinguish the difference between a boot and mated states? It it true fans of both teams IQs really are similar to the number of teeth they have?"

It's no secret Tech and Texas have always been rivals. Texas got robbed of a natty in 08 over this rivalry.

BUUUUUUUUUTTTTT at the end of the day 2-0 is 2-0, and 0-1 is 0-1... and 623 is 623 😂

4 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

They did look sloppy, but I'd still take my chances against LSwho. It was really a weekend of sloppy football across the league. 

So they become "LSwho" because of a loss after you squeak out a win?  You know who LSU is... just go back and compare the last 10 years or so and you might be saying "Damn, maybe I should stop before people start saying 'WhoT'"  

Everyone knows who LSU is.  Everyone is shocked about the LSU loss, because they only pay attention to the records and not who is on the field.  Texas fans should understand that more than ANYONE.  Literally, ANYONE.  If you don't understand, start at the last 3 years of Mack Brown and follow the arrow to today.

Everyone knows LSU.  Everyone knows Texas.  Let's not downplay the significance of why people know these teams.  

1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

So they become "LSwho" because of a loss after you squeak out a win?  You know who LSU is... just go back and compare the last 10 years or so and you might be saying "Damn, maybe I should stop before people start saying 'WhoT'"  

Everyone knows who LSU is.  Everyone is shocked about the LSU loss, because they only pay attention to the records and not who is on the field.  Texas fans should understand that more than ANYONE.  Literally, ANYONE.  If you don't understand, start at the last 3 years of Mack Brown and follow the arrow to today.

Everyone knows LSU.  Everyone knows Texas.  Let's not downplay the significance of why people know these teams.  

True football fans were not shocked about the LSU loss. Most of us knew what they had lost off of that ‘19 team. I was a little surprised at how quickly Leach has Mississippi State humming along. Might be because he’s not weighed down by all those spurs. Idk. 

3 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Hey hey hey, if y'all are gonna gang up on me, you're gonna have to take a jab here and there. I don't have any back-up right now.

Yeah it's been rough. I miss the Mack days. If only Herman could have gotten his QB to transfer to Texas rather than LSU :p 

2 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

True football fans were not shocked about the LSU loss. Most of us knew what they had lost off of that ‘19 team. I was a little surprised at how quickly Leach has Mississippi State humming along. Might be because he’s not weighed down by all those spurs. Idk. 

Man nothing surprises me with the mad scientist. I was no tech fan but I always did like Mike Leach. His interviews are the best.  

10 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Hey hey hey, if y'all are gonna gang up on me, you're gonna have to take a jab here and there. I don't have any back-up right now.

Yeah it's been rough. I miss the Mack days. If only Herman could have gotten his QB to transfer to Texas rather than LSU :p 

I think it was more than Burrow... going from a power run game to a wide open air raid was important... especially with those WRs and that QB.  I do think it would have been interesting to see Duvernay in that type of offense last year...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

I think it was more than Burrow... going from a power run game to a wide open air raid was important... especially with those WRs and that QB.  I do think it would have been interesting to see Duvernay in that type of offense last year...

Man what a weapon he was. Showed them wheels Monday night too. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Disappointed in SEC defenses this season. Defense used to be the identity of the conference. Not now. Smh

Lot of good offensive minds leading teams now.  No longer run, run, pass, punt and play D'.  

Kiffin is going up and down the field on Alabama.  Both teams headed to 40+.