2020 NCAA Football

Ok, so how much more time genuinely do these coaches have? what is the buyout at the moment for each? who is the most logical replacement?

Auburn's Gus Malzahn

Texas' Tom Herman

Michigan's Jim Harbaugh

Any others that have only been places for a year or so that might already by lured away to a bigger & better "home"...Eliah Drinkwitz (Missouri), Neal Brown (West Virginia), etc. Does the "Lane Train" want to stay at Ole Miss and keep trying to compete with Bama year in year out on his side of the conference...or would he rather go to another big school and do his thing to get after the SEC powers?

Steve Sarkisian (Alabama OC)

Graham Harrell (USC OC)

Rhett Lashlee (Miami OC)

Marvin Lewis (Arizona State DC)

Kendal Briles (Arkansas (OC)

13 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

I keep hearing the talking heads say that Ohio State should get into the playoff even if they miss the Big10 championship game because they fail to meet the league’s 6 game eligibility requirement. Am I the only one who thinks this is a clear case of the media advocating for one of their darling programs? How should a 5-0 Buckeyes team get in over a 9-1 A&M? How is 5 wins better than 9? Especially when those 9 wins are against an arguably tougher schedule? If OSU gets to play, and beat Michigan and Michigan State, their best win will be over a Indiana team that might be ranked in the top 15. Meanwhile, A&M will have wins over at least 4 teams with a winning record, including SEC East champion Florida, who’s only other loss will be to Alabama. Assuming BAMA beats Florida and Clemson wins their rematch with Notre Dame, I don’t see any argument for a 5-1 OSU getting in over a 9-1 Aggie squad. If anyone wants to make such an argument, I’d love to hear it. 

I think the NCAA has dropped the ball not taking the playoff to 8 teams & moving everything back say 2 weeks this year...they wouldn't be in SUCH a bind and we'd see a better playoff!!! 

3 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

That would been a Covid trial run . Realistically 8 teams is pretty much the standard. 5 conference champs well six if you count the American and two at large. I mean is there any doubt that the 9th best is championship worthy lol. 

I would argue that the 4th team isn’t most years.

2 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Some reason I think Florida could get upset by either Tennessee or LSU. I have nothing to base this on but I could see a major upset happening until the playoffs. 

Possible upsets would be Auburn over A&M 

Funny upsets 

Clemson losing to Va tech

Cra cra ones Bama losing to Arkansas or LSU 

Baylor over Oklahoma if they get to play the game might not be too crazy.

7 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Getting blown out in the Iron Bowl followed by getting manhandled at home by A&M in the fourth quarter definitely has Gus Malzahn on shaky ground at Auburn. Potentially 4 SEC head coach jobs open at season’s end. 

Auburn is another perpetrator of the unnecessary Coach extension. 

13 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

He beat Bama. And that's all they want haha

Some of these ADs just can’t help themselves. They are their only competitors. 

Like who was hire Tom Herman away from Texas after 2018 season? No one. 

Who was going to hire Jeremy Pruitt away from Tennessee after last season? No one. 

3 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Auburn is another perpetrator of the unnecessary Coach extension. 

They may very well be the worst offender. Two wins at the end of the 2017 season got him that massive extension with the big buyout, and the honeymoon didn’t even last to New Year’s Day.