Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Absolutely love this!!! I hope every player that involved in this on every other team is asked to do the same. You are D1 football player you spoiled, selfish, disrespectful little brats. Its time you

Black people should learn their history and not use it either.  It’s inexcusable to call me a white privileged racist then go call your brother or cousin the N word like it’s normal.

If that was what they were for, I'd be all for supporting them. However, the movement of BLM has been co opted and is completely Marxist (donations on their webpage go straight to Act Blue, a liberal

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Valhalla said:

If we have a playoff this year then that selection is going to be a circus if we only play conference schedules. 

Ohio State is definitely in under these circumstances...Not only are they definitely in, they will be the #1 seed

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, topher805 said:

Ohio State is definitely in under these circumstances...Not only are they definitely in, they will be the #1 seed

 

4 hours ago, Valhalla said:

If we have a playoff this year then that selection is going to be a circus if we only play conference schedules. 

I was thinking SEC, SEC, SEC, SEC playoffs. Lol Seriously, at this point I’m almost ready to say give me a full season in the spring versus a partial season in the fall.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stoney said:

 

I was thinking SEC, SEC, SEC, SEC playoffs. Lol Seriously, at this point I’m almost ready to say give me a full season in the spring versus a partial season in the fall.

I want to see how much that “extra data point” is going to matter his year if teams only get to play conference games. The ACC and SEC champion will play less games than the champion of the other power 5 conferences.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Valhalla said:

If we have a playoff this year then that selection is going to be a circus if we only play conference schedules. 

@WestHardinfan1 #realplayoffs 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stoney said:

 

I was thinking SEC, SEC, SEC, SEC playoffs. Lol Seriously, at this point I’m almost ready to say give me a full season in the spring versus a partial season in the fall.

It will be the same #### in the Spring if Trump is president still... So if they shut down fall football and you want it played in the Spring, plus to pay for your insurance and everyone else's, Vote Biden 2020...  Biden 2020 will cure Coronavirus.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, topher805 said:

Ohio State is definitely in under these circumstances...Not only are they definitely in, they will be the #1 seed

And I'd hope Oregon knocks their ### back to Columbus by 50 😂

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw a suggestion on Twitter that the Big12 should offer Notre Dame a year one affiliation with the chance to play for a conference championship. 

That gives the Big 12 teams 10 games with a possibility of a conference championship and playoffs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JustAFan11 said:

I saw a suggestion on Twitter that the Big12 should offer Notre Dame a year one affiliation with the chance to play for a conference championship. 

That gives the Big 12 teams 10 games with a possibility of a conference championship and playoffs. 

Aren’t they legally tied to the Acc? Not much of an insensitive for them .

Link to post
Share on other sites

If all conferences move to conference only games, how will A&M get to a winning record?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

If all conferences move to conference only games, how will A&M get to a winning record?

Assuming the SEC would only play 8 conference games like normal then they would play:

Arkansas

Ole Miss 

Miss State

Auburn

LSU

Alabama

South Carolina

Vanderbilt

 

So they get to play the two worst teams from the East side this year. That will help.

Link to post
Share on other sites

All kidding aside, non conference games not being played makes zero sense to me...

 

- Apparently what we're saying is, 'You can't get COVID from conference opponents just like you can't get COVID from family and friends.'

- If we still have any postseason...bowl games and playoffs...how is that any different than the OOC games?

- In addition to playing fewer games already (with no OOC games), coupled with all conferences don't play the same number of conference games, how will that impact bowl eligibility? 

- And as it's been pointed out above, we all know people have their individual opinions of the strength of each conference. How much will this play into playoff selection?

 

It's not like the NFL where you have preseason games that don't matter. Every game in college football matters. Either play the entire season, or don't play it at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lobo97 said:

All kidding aside, non conference games not being played makes zero sense to me...

 

- Apparently what we're saying is, 'You can't get COVID from conference opponents just like you can't get COVID from family and friends.'

- If we still have any postseason...bowl games and playoffs...how is that any different than the OOC games?

- In addition to playing fewer games already (with no OOC games), coupled with all conferences don't play the same number of conference games, how will that impact bowl eligibility? 

- And as it's been pointed out above, we all know people have their individual opinions of the strength of each conference. How much will this play into playoff selection?

 

It's not like the NFL where you have preseason games that don't matter. Every game in college football matters. Either play the entire season, or don't play it at all.

Right.  WVU can come to Texas but UTEP cannot come to Austin nor can Texas go to Louisiana.  Makes zero sense.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

All kidding aside, non conference games not being played makes zero sense to me...

 

- Apparently what we're saying is, 'You can't get COVID from conference opponents just like you can't get COVID from family and friends.'

- If we still have any postseason...bowl games and playoffs...how is that any different than the OOC games?

- In addition to playing fewer games already (with no OOC games), coupled with all conferences don't play the same number of conference games, how will that impact bowl eligibility? 

- And as it's been pointed out above, we all know people have their individual opinions of the strength of each conference. How much will this play into playoff selection?

 

It's not like the NFL where you have preseason games that don't matter. Every game in college football matters. Either play the entire season, or don't play it at all.

NFL has banned postgame jersey swaps. 🙄 You can play 60 minutes of knocking the crud out somebody. That’s safe. You just can’t swap clothes afterward? All this because the Longhorns cooked up a disease to help cancel the season because my Aggies were gonna win the Natty and Mond the Heis....😂😂😂 I’m sorry. There’s no way I could complete that sentence. 😂😂😂

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

PAC - 12 follows the Big 10.

I wonder if we could have some kind of Big 12/SEC/ACC alliance for non conference games.

ACC is very likely to follow the Big10 and PAC-12 in going conference only. The SEC, since they will, by process of elimination, be forced into a conference only schedule, is discussing adding one or two conference games to its schedule. That would put everyone playing their 6 division games, plus the two previously scheduled cross division games, as well as two more cross-division games. For example, BAMA already has their 6 SEC West games, plus hosting UGA in week 3 and the traditional Third Saturday in October at Tennessee. They could also wind up with Florida and South Carolina. That would put Florida playing BAMA and LSU. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

ACC is very likely to follow the Big10 and PAC-12 in going conference only. The SEC, since they will, by process of elimination, be forced into a conference only schedule, is discussing adding one or two conference games to its schedule. That would put everyone playing their 6 division games, plus the two previously scheduled cross division games, as well as two more cross-division games. For example, BAMA already has their 6 SEC West games, plus hosting UGA in week 3 and the traditional Third Saturday in October at Tennessee. They could also wind up with Florida and South Carolina. That would put Florida playing BAMA and LSU. 

Unfortunately, there is no governing power that can make all of the conferences do the same thing, and enforce the same testing rules for all of the Power 5 conferences. 
 

It really more safe for South Carolina to play Texas A&M than Clemson? And that’s just one example. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Unfortunately, there is no governing power that can make all of the conferences do the same thing, and enforce the same testing rules for all of the Power 5 conferences. 
 

It really more safe for South Carolina to play Texas A&M than Clemson? And that’s just one example. 

Correct. What about bowl games? Playoff games? Will the NCAA consider moving a semifinal or national championship game if the host city is dealing with a COVID outbreak? Will bowl season and the CFP be victims similar to March madness? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Stoney said:

NFL has banned postgame jersey swaps. 🙄 You can play 60 minutes of knocking the crud out somebody. That’s safe. You just can’t swap clothes afterward? All this because the Longhorns cooked up a disease to keep cancel the season because my Aggies were gonna win the Natty and Mond the Heis....😂😂😂 I’m sorry. There’s no way I could complete that sentence. 😂😂😂

They did us a favor.  It’s a dumb idea stolen from soccer

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

Right.  WVU can come to Texas but UTEP cannot come to Austin nor can Texas go to Louisiana.  Makes zero sense.

How can Iowa St not play Iowa but play Texas and West Virginia?  The Big 12 patch must be like the masks . 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you’re going to cancel all non conference games, then just cancel the season. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...