2020 NCAA Football

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Stoney said:

what was there to play for?  He will still be the top WR going into the combine... although the NFL will want to see him perform at the combine and team workouts to stay in that upper first round.

5 minutes ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

the Longhorns would have liked to have gotten that rematch after last year...this year in a 25 - 50% "Death Valley" and Myles Brennan led Tigers.

Lol, my Sooner brethren are spoiling for our own rematch. I'm reminding them that Burrow is still throwing TDs on us.  :D 

This is going to be a tough season in college football. Bama is probably the only program that won't have the "invisible" asterisks by their name if they win the National Championship. With no BIG10 right now (maybe mid Oct), no PAC12, and so many good players opting out of the season, it's going to turn into a "what if" championship. Trust me when I say I'm one of those guys that will state you can only play the ones that show up, but I also have enough common sense to know that it would be different if Ohio State was playing or a number of good players sitting out at LSU, or half capacity at stadiums were fans play a huge role like A&M. It's sort of like UT basketball a few years ago. Well we didn't make the cut for the tournament... might as well go ahead and try and win the NIT.

I was wondering why our depth chart didn't announce a starting qb. Well it turns out our QB coach, was just arrested from an improper relationship with a student during his time coaching at the HS level. He was a Briles guy, and previously suspended for other things during his time coaching at Baylor. What a weird way to start the season off.

https://dentonrc.com/news/unt-assistant-football-coach-on-leave-following-arrest/article_ac4501c3-6d4f-51ee-a8cf-ecdacc972b1d.html

Edited by MeanGreenDogs64
  • LOL! 1

8 hours ago, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

I was wondering why our depth chart didn't announce a starting qb. Well it turns out our QB coach, was just arrested from an improper relationship with a student during his time coaching at the HS level. He was a Briles guy, and previously suspended for other things during his time coaching at Baylor. What a weird way to start the season off.

https://dentonrc.com/news/unt-assistant-football-coach-on-leave-following-arrest/article_ac4501c3-6d4f-51ee-a8cf-ecdacc972b1d.html

Wow Shocker GIF - Wow Shocker Childish GIFs

• LOL! 1

9 hours ago, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

Briles...enough said.

• LOL! 1

On 9/3/2020 at 11:16 AM, MrBuddyGarrity said:

I was reading about him, i honestly didn't know about him. He's pretty good. 

The draft projections on him are all over the map. Depending on who you ask, he’s anywhere from late 1st round to somewhere on Day 3. Maybe he figured he wouldn’t help his draft stock against better defenses. Strange. I’m sure Kirby is happy that he’s wasted basically all of the first team reps in fall camp on a QB that will never take a snap for him. 

13 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

The draft projections on him are all over the map. Depending on who you ask, he’s anywhere from late 1st round to somewhere on Day 3. Maybe he figured he wouldn’t help his draft stock against better defenses. Strange. I’m sure Kirby is happy that he’s wasted basically all of the first team reps in fall camp on a QB that will never take a snap for him. 

This year is cluster-**** anyways. Play your games and make some money. I don’t think any result from this season can really be evaluated with out some kind of asterisk.

Before the opening kickoff - Stephen F Austin kickoff team kneeled near the ball when the play clock started.  UTEP knew in advance what was going to be done, so their kick return team kneeled in position also.   SFA was called for delay of game but UTEP refused the 5 yard penalty.  
I have no problem with this. Much much better than kneeling during the National Anthem. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1