The Smoakhouse Forums
Raiderfan7000

Three Divisions MLB

• New York Yankees and Mets, Boston Red Sox, Washington Nationals, Baltimore Orioles, Philadelphia Phillies, Pittsburgh Pirates, Toronto Blue Jays, Tampa Bay Rays, Miami Marlins

• Los Angeles Dodgers and Angels, San Francisco Giants, Oakland Athletics, San Diego Padres, Arizona Diamondbacks, Colorado Rockies, Texas Rangers, Houston Astros, Seattle Mariners

• Chicago Cubs and Chicago White Sox, Milwaukee Brewers, St. Louis Cardinals, Kansas City Royals, Cincinnati Reds, Cleveland Indians, Minnesota Twins, Atlanta Braves, Detroit 

Games Major League Baseball officials have become cautiously optimistic this week that the season will start in late June, and no later than July 2, playing at least 100 regular-season games, according to three executives with knowledge of the talks. They requested anonymity . 

And not only would baseball be played, but it would be played in their own major-league ballparks, albeit with no fans.

MLB is considering a three-division, 10-team plan in which teams play only within their division – a concept

support among owners and executives. It would abolish the traditional American and National Leagues, and realign the divisions based on geography.

The plan, pending approval of medical experts and providing that COVID-19 testing is available to the public, The plan, pending approval of medical experts and providing that COVID-19 testing is available to the public, would eliminate the need for players to be in isolation and allow them to still play at their home ballparks while severely reducing travel.

Hhhmmm 🤔

Just play 100 games as is, and then the playoffs.  This is ridiculous.  

idc who or how they play.     I need some baseball.   I'm not one that lives & dies  by football only.

Baseball first, second, and third.   Football a distant 4th

The only sport I watch on TV on a regular basis is baseball, Astros have made that a fun experience, High School Football is the other sport I follow. The rest has to peak my interest

Seems like Houston and Texas are kinda besides themselves. I guess it really doesn’t matter but I wish they played in central times zone. Late night starts gets old.

Play ball   any ball is better than nothing

2 hours ago, Wild74 said:

Play ball   any ball is better than nothing

You haven't been keeping up with the Korean league ?  

2 hours ago, Wild74 said:

MLB owners approve plan to start coronavirus-delayed 2020 season: report

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/mlb-owners-approve-plan-coronavirus-delayed-2020-season-report

I've heard they may CGI fans in the stands.  I don't see why they can't have fans, but limited seating.  Even when they do play some stadiums look half empty some of the time.  

3 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

You haven't been keeping up with the Korean league ?  

LOL

3 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

I've heard they may CGI fans in the stands.  I don't see why they can't have fans, but limited seating.  Even when they do play some stadiums look half empty some of the time.  

It is all a bunch of BS, I am almost 65 years old I have enough sense for the time being to stay away from crowds but those in their 20-50 seems to be ok even if they catch the virus they get over it so play ball with the fans and let us old folks decide for ourselves if we want to take a chance and mingle, if we catch it that is on us 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Wild74 said:

LOL

I don't even watch college baseball, but I will go to minor league games to watch up and coming potential stars, former stars still trying to make it back to the bigs, or a player assigned for rehab.  I haven't done that since I lived in Birmingham though. 

20 hours ago, Wild74 said:

It is all a bunch of BS, I am almost 65 years old I have enough sense for the time being to stay away from crowds but those in their 20-50 seems to be ok even if they catch the virus they get over it so play ball with the fans and let us old folks decide for ourselves if we want to take a chance and mingle, if we catch it that is on us 

Exactly we've been through too many pandemics for this one to take us out, and even if it does it was my time to go.  I would either want to go out working or dead from this virus than what I went through the last 7 weeks.  I actually bought some nonessential items today for the first time.  It was at the 99 cent store, and I didn't think wasting a couple of dollars on a few things I like wouldn't matter.  By the way, the jarred On the Border green sauce is terrible compared to Casa Ole's.  I'll eat it, but it was a waste of $2.