Quarantine foods

Coach Rab

• 2 weeks later...

I have lots of pasta, bologna, hotdogs, hamburger meat, steak, ham rice, beans, and a few other things.  I saw Doc's shut down it's location in White Oak, and may have to close it's Gilmer location, because they can't find a supplier for beef at a reasonable price. I prefer Doc's over Pittsburg hot links, but I checked their site, and they have a 10 lb. pack for $45.  I'm honestly thinking about having them ship me some, because I ran out in February from when I bought some when I went to Tyler, but I don't have enough room in my freezer just yet.  At least I don't have to purchase any food for a while.  Sometimes it's better to be an ant than a grasshopper.   

I have a Vietnamese family that lives near me that has been butchering a lot of the wild hogs I have been catching.  They bought a large poultry farm and have 12 large commercial chicken houses they contract for Tyson.  They have butchered over 20 hogs since the first of the year.  They also have relatives that live in Houston who drive up to get hog meat.  They have started bringing me sacks of deer corn to make sure I keep the traps baited.  How's that for quarantine food?

On 5/13/2020 at 11:51 AM, Stoney said:

My pantry has been stocked full of Cap’n Crunch Crunchberries. I’m going through a box roughly every 3-4 days.

That, Lucky Charms, and the one I eat Cinnamon Toast Crunch

• Like 1

On 5/13/2020 at 10:42 PM, KirtFalcon said:

I have a Vietnamese family that lives near me that has been butchering a lot of the wild hogs I have been catching.  They bought a large poultry farm and have 12 large commercial chicken houses they contract for Tyson.  They have butchered over 20 hogs since the first of the year.  They also have relatives that live in Houston who drive up to get hog meat.  They have started bringing me sacks of deer corn to make sure I keep the traps baited.  How's that for quarantine food?

Certain parts of wild hogs aren't bad.  One of the things my brother in law did was kill 4 wild hogs, 3 deer and about 30 ducks and seasoned and froze them... While there isn't a huge shortage of supply out here in Aledo, we still eat with them on weekends for something different.