The Smoakhouse Forums
Stoney

Cowboys Sign Andy Dalton

Not a bad QB2 to have behind Dak.

I think he'll be cut if the season get's started.  I've kept up with James Madison University, and I think Ben DiNucci might go up the depth chart quicker than some of us think.  

6 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I think he'll be cut if the season get's started.  I've kept up with James Madison University, and I think Ben DiNucci might go up the depth chart quicker than some of us think.  

“The Nooch” sure is fun to watch, aint he? Dallas has done a great job this offseason of shoring up holes and setting themselves up for the future. 

On 5/2/2020 at 9:17 PM, Stoney said:

“The Nooch” sure is fun to watch, aint he? Dallas has done a great job this offseason of shoring up holes and setting themselves up for the future. 

Love that Nickname.

Poor excuse of a move after passing on Hurts ....

• Haha 1

This is just another strong indicator that Jerruh isn't sold on signing Prescott to a long term, high dollar deal ... I still say before it's over Jerruh is going to be kicking himself for not taking Jalen Hurts when he had the chance  .....

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

This is just another strong indicator that Jerruh isn't sold on signing Prescott to a long term, high dollar deal ... I still say before it's over Jerruh is going to be kicking himself for not taking Jalen Hurts when he had the chance  .....

He would have had to fall to the third round for me to take him.  He's too much of a risk, but does have an upside to him.  The second round was too high, and we need secondary help.  I know Dalton was probably signed  as an insurance policy in case Dak holds out or to light a fire under him to get him to sign.  He needs to forget about being paid $40 million a year.  No quarterback is worth that much.     

Dak isn't worth 30 million .... I'm predicting big things for Hurts ... He was the steal of the draft in my opinion,  The QB they took at the tail end of the draft was a wasted pick.  Jerruh could have taken Hurts and still gotten a solid DB by bundling 2-3 later round picks and moving up for a DB .... instead he has a QB that thinks he's Pat Mahomes and wants Mahomes type money that has Ryan Fitzpatrick talent ... 

• Haha 1

If you really think you are a Super Bowl contender than it is worth the money to have a competent back up QB.

• Like 1

The cost for Dallas to upgrade from Cooper Rush to Andy Dalton was $900,000. That’s the moves you make that help you win games.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dalton gives you seasoned experience in the QB room and adequate talent to maintain the offense should your starter go down. It also gives you  someone to help tutor the rookie QB you're going to draft next season, with the idea of eventually replacing Prescott. 

Gotta look at this from all angles. This was a smart move by Dallas. I can't believe they actually made it. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, LOL said:

Dalton gives you seasoned experience in the QB room and adequate talent to maintain the offense should your starter go down. It also gives you  someone to help tutor the rookie QB you're going to draft next season, with the idea of eventually replacing Prescott. 

Gotta look at this from all angles. This was a smart move by Dallas. I can't believe they actually made it. 

I think Prescott and Dalton are pretty similar as far as talent goes .... but neither one are going to take you to the promised land .... so yes, Dalton is an adequate backup QB in case Prescott goes down ... 

Jalen Hurts >>>> Andy Dalton === Dak Prescott

Very superstitious, writings on the wall
Very superstitious, ladders bout' to fall
Thirteen month old baby, broke the lookin' glass
Seven years of bad luck, the good things in your past

When you believe in things that you don't understand
Then you suffer
Superstition ain't the way

Very superstitious, wash your face and hands
Rid me of the problem, do all that you can
Keep me in a daydream, keep me goin' strong
You don't want to save me, sad is my song

Then you suffer
Superstition ain't the way, yeh, yeh

Very superstitious, nothin' more to say
Very superstitious, the devil's on his way
Thirteen month old baby, broke the lookin' glass
Seven years of bad luck, good things in your past

Then you suffer
Superstition ain't the way, no, no, no

On 5/4/2020 at 12:54 PM, KirtFalcon said:

I agree to a certain extent. Prescott wants high dollar without high dollar pay. He isn’t terrible but isn’t spectacular either. Put up or shut up this year. Dallas has provided the weapons and the Coach. Dallas offense has potential to be very good this year. I shouldn’t see games where the offense doesn’t score. 

11 hours ago, LOL said:

Some insurance and some extra motivation in camp. I love the move with low risk. 

11 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

FB_IMG_1588903921021.thumb.jpg.f362e689ad2b3b75f5d3eab9e242db47.jpg

I came here to post this today lol

• Haha 2

I gotta admit that that’s funny. A little bit truthful. A little bit of a stretch but funny. 😂

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Stoney said:

I gotta admit that that’s funny. A little bit truthful. A little bit of a stretch but funny. 😂

What part is a stretch? ....

Best QB in the NFL- Dak is not the best QB in the NFL but he’s arguably top 10 or close to it

Best QB in the NFC- Dak is not the best QB in the NFC but he’s easily top 10

Best QB in the East- Dak > Wentz 

Best QB in the State- Dak versus DeShaun is a toss up 

Best QB on team- Dak > Dalton

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Stoney said:

Best QB in the NFL- Dak is not the best QB in the NFL but he’s arguably top 10 or close to it

Best QB in the State- Dak versus DeShaun is a toss up 

I agree with everything except for DeShaun, but we'll see what DeShaun can do without the best weapon he  had.  The Texain'ts are just dumb.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stoney said:

agree

agree

STRONGLY AGREE

agree

• Like 1