Cowboys Sign Andy Dalton

6 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I think he'll be cut if the season get's started.  I've kept up with James Madison University, and I think Ben DiNucci might go up the depth chart quicker than some of us think.  

“The Nooch” sure is fun to watch, aint he? Dallas has done a great job this offseason of shoring up holes and setting themselves up for the future. 

This is just another strong indicator that Jerruh isn't sold on signing Prescott to a long term, high dollar deal ... I still say before it's over Jerruh is going to be kicking himself for not taking Jalen Hurts when he had the chance  .....

• LOL! 2

3 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

This is just another strong indicator that Jerruh isn't sold on signing Prescott to a long term, high dollar deal ... I still say before it's over Jerruh is going to be kicking himself for not taking Jalen Hurts when he had the chance  .....

He would have had to fall to the third round for me to take him.  He's too much of a risk, but does have an upside to him.  The second round was too high, and we need secondary help.  I know Dalton was probably signed  as an insurance policy in case Dak holds out or to light a fire under him to get him to sign.  He needs to forget about being paid $40 million a year.  No quarterback is worth that much.     

Dak isn't worth 30 million .... I'm predicting big things for Hurts ... He was the steal of the draft in my opinion,  The QB they took at the tail end of the draft was a wasted pick.  Jerruh could have taken Hurts and still gotten a solid DB by bundling 2-3 later round picks and moving up for a DB .... instead he has a QB that thinks he's Pat Mahomes and wants Mahomes type money that has Ryan Fitzpatrick talent ... 

• LOL! 1

Dalton gives you seasoned experience in the QB room and adequate talent to maintain the offense should your starter go down. It also gives you  someone to help tutor the rookie QB you're going to draft next season, with the idea of eventually replacing Prescott. 

Gotta look at this from all angles. This was a smart move by Dallas. I can't believe they actually made it. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, LOL said:

Dalton gives you seasoned experience in the QB room and adequate talent to maintain the offense should your starter go down. It also gives you  someone to help tutor the rookie QB you're going to draft next season, with the idea of eventually replacing Prescott. 

Gotta look at this from all angles. This was a smart move by Dallas. I can't believe they actually made it. 

I think Prescott and Dalton are pretty similar as far as talent goes .... but neither one are going to take you to the promised land .... so yes, Dalton is an adequate backup QB in case Prescott goes down ... 

Very superstitious, writings on the wall
Very superstitious, ladders bout' to fall
Thirteen month old baby, broke the lookin' glass
Seven years of bad luck, the good things in your past

When you believe in things that you don't understand
Then you suffer
Superstition ain't the way

Very superstitious, wash your face and hands
Rid me of the problem, do all that you can
Keep me in a daydream, keep me goin' strong
You don't want to save me, sad is my song

Then you suffer
Superstition ain't the way, yeh, yeh

Very superstitious, nothin' more to say
Very superstitious, the devil's on his way
Thirteen month old baby, broke the lookin' glass
Seven years of bad luck, good things in your past

Then you suffer
Superstition ain't the way, no, no, no

Best QB in the NFL- Dak is not the best QB in the NFL but he’s arguably top 10 or close to it

Best QB in the NFC- Dak is not the best QB in the NFC but he’s easily top 10

Best QB in the East- Dak > Wentz 

Best QB in the State- Dak versus DeShaun is a toss up 

Best QB on team- Dak > Dalton

• LOL! 1

2 hours ago, Stoney said:

Best QB in the NFL- Dak is not the best QB in the NFL but he’s arguably top 10 or close to it

Best QB in the State- Dak versus DeShaun is a toss up 

I agree with everything except for DeShaun, but we'll see what DeShaun can do without the best weapon he  had.  The Texain'ts are just dumb.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stoney said:

agree

agree

STRONGLY AGREE

agree

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I agree with everything except for DeShaun, but we'll see what DeShaun can do without the best weapon he  had.  The Texain'ts are just dumb.  

Houston gave up 3.4 sacks a game last year. It doesn’t look like they improved it. How bad is Hopkins leaving going to hurt? I’ll give Watson the edge physically as a passer but Dak has better weapons around him.

Starting QBs in the AFC as of today

AFC East-

Bills- Josh Allen

Jets- Sam Darnold

Dolphins- Tua Tagovoila

Patriots- Jarret Stidham

Anybody you’d rather have than Dak?

AFC Central

Steelers- Ben Roethlisberger 

Bengals- Joe Burrow 

Ravens- Lamar Jackson

Browns- Baker Mayfield

Big Ben’s over the hill. Burrow and Mayfield are #1 picks. Jackson is the current it guy at QB. 

AFC South

Jaguars- Gardner Minshew

Colts- Philip Rivers

Texans- DeShaun Watson

Titans- Ryan Tannehill

One legit starter (Watson), one over the hill (Rivers), one reclamation project (Tannehill) and Minshew.

AFC West

Chiefs- Patrick Mahomes

Raiders- Derek Carr

Broncos- Drew Lock

Chargers- Justin Herbert

Only one guy even worth mentioning, Mahomes.

How many guys would you rather have than Dak right now, as they are today, from the AFC?

5 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Starting QBs in the AFC as of today

AFC East-

Bills- Josh Allen

Jets- Sam Darnold

Dolphins- Tua Tagovoila

Patriots- Jarret Stidham

Anybody you’d rather have than Dak?

AFC Central

Steelers- Ben Roethlisberger 

Bengals- Joe Burrow 

Ravens- Lamar Jackson

Browns- Baker Mayfield

Big Ben’s over the hill. Burrow and Mayfield are #1 picks. Jackson is the current it guy at QB. 

AFC South

Jaguars- Gardner Minshew

Colts- Philip Rivers

Texans- DeShaun Watson

Titans- Ryan Tannehill

One legit starter (Watson), one over the hill (Rivers), one reclamation project (Tannehill) and Minshew.

AFC West

Chiefs- Patrick Mahomes

Raiders- Derek Carr

Broncos- Drew Lock

Chargers- Justin Herbert

Only one guy even worth mentioning, Mahomes.

How many guys would you rather have than Dak right now, as they are today, from the AFC?

Probably half of them ....