Cowboys Sign Andy Dalton

Starting QBs in the NFC as of today 

NFC East-

Cowboys- Dak

Giants- Daniel Jones

Eagles- Carson Wentz

Redskins- Dwayne Haskins

If you’d rather take any of the QBs in the East over Dak, I can’t help you. 

NFC Central-

Packers- Aaron Rodgers

Bears- Mitch Trubisky

Vikings- Kirk Cousins

Lions- Matt Stafford

Trubisky is a joke. If you don’t want to pay Dak then you sure as heck don’t want Stafford. Cousins? Aaron Rodgers’ play has been slipping from his MVP form.

NFC South-

Falcons- Matt Ryan

Saints- Drew Brees

Bucs- Tom Brady

Panthers- Teddy Bridgewater

You want two 40+ year old QBs (Brees & Brady, a injured stop gap (Bridgewater) or Matty Ice?

NFC West-

49ers- Jimmy Garoppolo

Seahawks- Russell Wilson

Cardinals- Kyler Murray

Rams- Jared Goff

Wilson is a legitimate star QB. Garoppolo got his team to a SB but was it because of him or the team around him? Jared Goff was the #1 QB in Dak’s draft class and his play slipped last year. Kyler Murray is a under sized QB heading into his second year.

Who you taking over Dak in the NFC?

10 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Probably half of them ....

So there’s 8 QBs in the AFC that you feel would be better than Dak, right now? I’ll give you Watson, Mahomes, and Jackson as no doubters. Burrow and Herbert because of their rookie potential. I can’t do Tua because you’ve said he’s a future bust. So 5 QBs. I’d love to know the other 3.

On 5/8/2020 at 4:05 PM, Stoney said:

Best QB in the NFL- Dak is not the best QB in the NFL but he’s arguably top 10 or close to it

Best QB in the NFC- Dak is not the best QB in the NFC but he’s easily top 10

Best QB in the East- Dak > Wentz 

Best QB in the State- Dak versus DeShaun is a toss up 

Best QB on team- Dak > Dalton

Best QB in the NFL:

1. Mahomes, Brees, Brady, Rogers... put them in whatever order you want.

5. Wilson, Jackson, Watson...  put them in whatever order you want.

8. Dak, Wentz, Goff, Ryan, Garrapolo...  Based on your favorite type player rank them.

He is a top 8-12 QB IMO.  Some lists have him in a group with Brady and Rogers in the 8-10 range.  I am sorry, Tom Brady hasn't missed the playoffs in a long long time, and a lot of those years it had nothing to do with offensive talent...  And if Brady is the 8th best QB, then there are some players that we have never heard of in front of him...  

Jerry needs to pay him NOW.  If the sticking point is a 4 year contract instead of 5 like the Cowboys want, then give him 4!  Pay him $32 mil a year for 4 years and let him reset his own market then.  At least you would have time to plan.  

Andy Dalton is that back-up that every team wishes they had.  While he can't scramble like Dak, the dude can still throw the ball.  So he is Jerry's Teddy Bridgewater. 

People just don't want to pay Dak anymore because of the back and forth.  This back and forth is reportedly all about 4 years vs 5.  When the Cowboys want this drama to end, they will end it.  You guys know as much as I do that Jerry wants the Cowboys to be a topic of conversation every day.  When this contract negotiation goes away, this becomes a 2-3 day discussion then the Cowboys go away.  If it gets done this summer, I would expect it to be during training camp because the news will be about the team at that point. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think some Cowboy fans are getting too caught up in numbers while missing the bigger picture. Yeah, paying a QB $35m or more looks crazy on paper. The NFL is going to have a new TV deal done during this Dak contract wether it’s 4 or 5 years, which means more money in the NFL coffers, which means a bigger salary cap. We lost our mind over a QB getting $20m+ a year barely 10 years ago. Now that’s the cheap side of the QB market. Just like 10 years from now when Trevor Lawrence is signing his second contract $35m will look like a cheap deal. Don’t worry about the money because the money will take care of itself. The NFL salary cap is monopoly money. Look at the Rams offseason if you don’t believe it.

Dallas can win with Dak. Simple as that. Look at the team around Dak. That’s the roster built with a QB making $31m. Guys have been saying this is a 10-12 win team. But you can’t build a team with a QB making that much money? Apparently they can. And they can continue to do so.

2 hours ago, Stoney said:

I think some Cowboy fans are getting too caught up in numbers while missing the bigger picture. Yeah, paying a QB $35m or more looks crazy on paper. The NFL is going to have a new TV deal done during this Dak contract wether it’s 4 or 5 years, which means more money in the NFL coffers, which means a bigger salary cap. We lost our mind over a QB getting $20m+ a year barely 10 years ago. Now that’s the cheap side of the QB market. Just like 10 years from now when Trevor Lawrence is signing his second contract $35m will look like a cheap deal. Don’t worry about the money because the money will take care of itself. The NFL salary cap is monopoly money. Look at the Rams offseason if you don’t believe it.

Dallas can win with Dak. Simple as that. Look at the team around Dak. That’s the roster built with a QB making $31m. Guys have been saying this is a 10-12 win team. But you can’t build a team with a QB making that much money? Apparently they can. And they can continue to do so.

I am pretty certain that we will see Mahomes next year with a $42-45m contract...  That's why I say pay him the $32-35m and get this done now.  Once Mahomes gets 40%+ of the cap, all indispensable QBs will start asking for similar money...  Meaning that your Watsons and Jacksons, Daks, etc will be asking for similar money... I am thinking in the $40m range within the next 2 years.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I am pretty certain that we will see Mahomes next year with a $42-45m contract...  That's why I say pay him the $32-35m and get this done now.  Once Mahomes gets 40%+ of the cap, all indispensable QBs will start asking for similar money...  Meaning that your Watsons and Jacksons, Daks, etc will be asking for similar money... I am thinking in the $40m range within the next 2 years.

Dak’s contract 2016-2019

2016- $1.176....3,667 yards, 23 TDs 4 ints,

2017-  $941k...3,324 yards, 22 TDs 13 ints,

2018- $630k...3,885 yards, 22 TDs 8 ints

2019- $2.1m...4,902 yards, 30 TDs 11 ints

Thats pretty good production for close to $5m. Dak wants 4 years, Dallas wants 5 years. Let Dak have the 4 years at the $35m. A little extra should be considered a bonus for what he played for on a cheap rookie deal. The next deal could be a long term, home team discount. This deal Dallas can live with paying a little extra, knowing that more money to their bottom line is coming during this deal. 

On 5/8/2020 at 8:01 PM, Stoney said:

So there’s 8 QBs in the AFC that you feel would be better than Dak, right now? I’ll give you Watson, Mahomes, and Jackson as no doubters. Burrow and Herbert because of their rookie potential. I can’t do Tua because you’ve said he’s a future bust. So 5 QBs. I’d love to know the other 3.

Josh Allen, Jarret Stidham, Ryan TannehillPhilip Rivers ...

pick any three .... 

• LOL! 1
  • Confused 1
  • Roll Eyes 1

Josh Allen- 3,089 yards, 20 TDs, 9 ints on 461 attempts (28.8ppg), 58.8% completion percentage 

Jarret Stidham- 2/4 1INT in 3 games

Ryan Tannehill- 31 years old, 2,742 yards, 22 TDs, 6 ints on 286 attempts (23.8ppg)

Phillip Rivers- 38 years old, 4,615 yards, 23 TDs , 20 ints on 591 passing attempts (36.9ppg)

So a QB who is a worse passer than Dak (Allen), a QB with zero experience (Stidham), a 31 year old QB on his second team who was a bus driver QB or a 38 year old (Rivers) on his last legs over a QB entering his prime? 

18 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Don't worry, we are all aware of your excessive opioid use during the 1700s.

I am dead serious about not drafting Hurts when they had the chance ... He was the steal of the draft .... I guarentee he will have a better career in the NFL than the injury prone Tua ....

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

I am dead serious about not drafting Hurts when they had the chance ... He was the steal of the draft .... I guarentee he will have a better career in the NFL than the injury prone Tua ....

Now that I can probably agree with. Miami gave up 58 sacks last year. That’s not good news for a QB with a bad hip and other injuries. Hurts as a backup/spot starter for a injury prone Carson Wentz could work out for Philthy. Just let him learn, work on his mechanics.

2 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Don't worry, we are all aware of your excessive opioid use during the 1700s.

Psychedelic frogs, mushrooms, Bangladesh hash....Keith Richards is jealous of Kirt.

• LOL! 1

3 hours ago, Stoney said:

Now that I can probably agree with. Miami gave up 58 sacks last year. That’s not good news for a QB with a bad hip and other injuries. Hurts as a backup/spot starter for a injury prone Carson Wentz could work out for Philthy. Just let him learn, work on his mechanics.

Hurts will supplant Wentz before the playoffs ...

5 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Only time will tell.  He does have the skins on the wall making it to two National Championship games in two different systems.  We have seen many times quarterbacks at both Alabama and Oklahoma have failed in the NFL in the last three decades.  It's been since the 50's and 60's since an Alabama quarterback has had long term success.  I can't think of a single Oklahoma quarterback that has had any long term success in the NFL.  I'm not saying that can't change, but I wouldn't bet on it.  

1 hour ago, DaveTV1 said:

Maybe due to injury, but not on play.  

I think Wentz has lost his edge .... given the opportunity,  Hurts will show he is the better option .... I was a Wentz fan in the beginning, but he's now on a downward trajectory  ....