The Smoakhouse Forums

Spring Hill is now open. Most are probably not surprised that Louvier would go back to Gladewater.  But it did seem like the SH faithful on here thought he would stay. Thoughts?

I was thinking give Weston a shot when I first heard. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dillonpanthers said:

Spring Hill is now open. Most are probably not surprised that Louvier would go back to Gladewater.  But it did seem like the SH faithful on here thought he would stay. Thoughts?

I think it was one of the worst kept secrets in the entire Longview metroplex. 

• Haha 1

It appears the kids really like & respect Griffis.  This late in the year, under current conditions, I think SH will give him a shot.  He will need to maintain his current staff and bring in the highest quality defensive coach he can get.  Preferably before June 1st.  Even though the Panthers lost a good bit to graduation and transfer protocol, they have a solid nucleus of incoming Jr’s and Sr’s returning.  They should defend the #3 spot behind PG & Gilmer in district.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DawgNation2015 said:

It appears the kids really like & respect Griffis.  This late in the year, under current conditions, I think SH will give him a shot.  He will need to maintain his current staff and bring in a the highest quality defensive coach he can get.  Preferably before June 1st.  Even though the Panthers lost a good bit to graduation and transfer protocol, they have a solid nucleus of incoming Jr’s and Sr’s returning.  They should defend the #3 spot behind PG & Gilmer in district.

Griffis is a really nice dude and was a really good line coach for Tatum. We hated to see him leave. 

• Like 1

Give Griffis a shot if he wants it.

3 hours ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

@Panther89 well what is your take assuming we have a season.

Not happy about him leaving Panther Nation, but I'm assuming he's been offered the HC/AD job at Gladewater since John Berry resigned! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, txk85 said:

is denman still at spring hill?

No

Poor former baseball coach. 

3 hours ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Griffis is a really nice dude and was a really good line coach for Tatum. We hated to see him leave. 

They need to take a hard look at Traylor. He was mentored by both of his Uncles. He knows the Gilmer system and is an up and coming offensive mind that is ready to lead a program. Heavily involved in the Offense last year as QB coach. 

• Roll Eyes 1

18 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

They need to take a hard look at Traylor. He was mentored by both of his Uncles. He knows the Gilmer system and is an up and coming offensive mind that is ready to lead a program. Heavily involved in the Offense last year as QB coach. 

They should.  But he ain't gonna be there.  I look for there to be a complete overhaul on the staff.  

7 minutes ago, BringBacktheVEER said:

They should.  But he ain't gonna be there.  I look for there to be a complete overhaul on the staff.  

Depends on who gets the nod.  If they promote from within they have a better chance of keeping the nucleus of young coaches together and backfill.  If they hire from the outside they could lose several.

SH meeting as a team and working out together?

1 hour ago, BringBacktheVEER said:

Even if Griffis gets it?

I got cash on the barrel head that Strickland from PP has put in. 

There's not a job that goes by that he doesn't apply for.

2 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

@NATUREBOY98 reckon ol' Strick will put in for this one? :rofl:

Gets him one step closer to Henderson. 

2 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

SH meeting as a team and working out together?

Yes, workouts are still happening!