Spring Hill is open

1 hour ago, dillonpanthers said:

Spring Hill is now open. Most are probably not surprised that Louvier would go back to Gladewater.  But it did seem like the SH faithful on here thought he would stay. Thoughts?

I think it was one of the worst kept secrets in the entire Longview metroplex. 

• LOL! 1

It appears the kids really like & respect Griffis.  This late in the year, under current conditions, I think SH will give him a shot.  He will need to maintain his current staff and bring in the highest quality defensive coach he can get.  Preferably before June 1st.  Even though the Panthers lost a good bit to graduation and transfer protocol, they have a solid nucleus of incoming Jr’s and Sr’s returning.  They should defend the #3 spot behind PG & Gilmer in district.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DawgNation2015 said:

It appears the kids really like & respect Griffis.  This late in the year, under current conditions, I think SH will give him a shot.  He will need to maintain his current staff and bring in a the highest quality defensive coach he can get.  Preferably before June 1st.  Even though the Panthers lost a good bit to graduation and transfer protocol, they have a solid nucleus of incoming Jr’s and Sr’s returning.  They should defend the #3 spot behind PG & Gilmer in district.

Griffis is a really nice dude and was a really good line coach for Tatum. We hated to see him leave. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Griffis is a really nice dude and was a really good line coach for Tatum. We hated to see him leave. 

They need to take a hard look at Traylor. He was mentored by both of his Uncles. He knows the Gilmer system and is an up and coming offensive mind that is ready to lead a program. Heavily involved in the Offense last year as QB coach. 

• Roll Eyes 1

18 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

They need to take a hard look at Traylor. He was mentored by both of his Uncles. He knows the Gilmer system and is an up and coming offensive mind that is ready to lead a program. Heavily involved in the Offense last year as QB coach. 

They should.  But he ain't gonna be there.  I look for there to be a complete overhaul on the staff.  

7 minutes ago, BringBacktheVEER said:

They should.  But he ain't gonna be there.  I look for there to be a complete overhaul on the staff.  

Depends on who gets the nod.  If they promote from within they have a better chance of keeping the nucleus of young coaches together and backfill.  If they hire from the outside they could lose several.

32 minutes ago, WObanker said:

That's is against UIL rules right now.  That would be a bad way to start a new program.

I’m sure what Panther89 means is the kids are working out at home from the suggested workouts posted on social media just like everyone else is.