Black man shot and killed in Georgia while jogging

ctown81

13 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

The guy went at the gunman. 
when the last time you attack a person with a gun?? It’s pure insanity that you watch the video and think he didn’t go at the gunman. 

your terrible to say the least at this whole justice thing

Just now, CarthDawg77 said:

You’ve Slung your fair share...Same reason?🤔

Show me where I've thrown :poop:, its been a while.... ill wait 

and the ones I've thrown one on, they put one on my post so I just return the favor

5 minutes ago, JETT said:

Show me where I've thrown :poop:, its been a while.... ill wait 

and the ones I've thrown one on, they put one on my post so I just return the favor

I didn’t say you did it recently, but you have done it since everyone can see who 💩 people’s posts. Barry slings more than a manure spreader.😜

28 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

I didn’t say you did it recently, but you have done it since everyone can see who 💩 people’s posts. Barry slings more than a manure spreader.😜

Everyone even YOU have slung :poop:, Same reason ? 🤔

5 hours ago, Youngcoach123 said:

You view the world thru the glasses you put on.

Why would I CHOOSE to view  the world in that light? Heck, I spent most of the early part of my life trying not to believe color mattered to people. So funny how many run ins I've had with the law and committed no crimes. Heck during this pandemic, I've been question by cops twice while jogging in my own neighborhood. 

7 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Why would I CHOOSE to view  the world in that light? Heck, I spent most of the early part of my life trying not to believe color mattered to people. So funny how many run ins I've had with the law and committed no crimes. Heck during this pandemic, I've been question by cops twice while jogging in my own neighborhood. 

Be careful out there jogging, ppl these days may "suspect a crime"

1 minute ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Well you damn sure are hooked now. Be careful of Barry, PePe, and Bo. Malcom X said the biggest threat to the black man was the white liberal. Look it up. 

How you know they white?

16 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Ask any Admin or Moderator to provide you the total number of 💩’s I have “slung” in the past year. I guarantee you you have slung more than me...🤨

Thats beside the point, sling 1 or 100 we've all slung em

1 minute ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

I wished he had some of this white privileged $hit we got going. Solves all problems. I didn’t get an electric bill this month. I called them up and said y’all didn’t send me no damn bill. Lady said Mr. Naitch this month was on the house. I said why? She said cause you’re a white man. Hell I didn’t argue. I just rolled with it. 

So That’s why I got Two! 😂 See, I gots some Injun blood in my family tree! Now you wanna talk about a group that Really got scrod by “Whitey”, that would be the Red Man.🤨

Best explanation for why it took so long to charge the guys. 

When someone is arrested or indicted, certain events are triggered in the legal system. One of those is something you've probably heard before, the right to a speedy trial. There are dates associated with this right and once someone is arrested, the clock starts ticking and the prosecution is obligated to have the case tried within those time frames, unless the defendant waives their right to a speedy trial and wants the case continued. The defendant can also demand a speedy trial, which forces the prosecution to try the case more or less immediately, with certain exceptions. None of those things can happen until after the defendant is arrested or indicted, so it's to the benefit of law enforcement and the prosecution to conduct a thorough and exhaustive investigation on the front-end while they don't have as much time pressure. Especially when you consider the fact that things like DNA testing and ballistics reports can sometimes take months to complete. Not to mention the fact that when you're dealing with a case where someone (the victim) was killed and another person (the defendant) has their life on the line, it's even more important to make sure every t is crossed and every i is dotted. Basically, rushing to arrest and prosecute often leads to mistakes, which can lead to acquittals.

There's also the possibility that because this guy was former law enforcement the prosecutor's office who would have jurisdiction over the case had a pre-existing relationship with him. If that was the case, they would need to go through steps to recuse themselves so as to avoid any appearance of impropriety, which can also take time.

George E. Barnhill DistrictAttorney
Captain Tom Jump
Glynn County Police Department
Investigation Division 157 Public Safety Blvd . Brunswick , GA 31525
306 AlbanyAvenue Waycross,Georgia 31501
(912) 287-4395 FAX (912) 287-4399
CONS
ORG
OFFICE OF THE DISTRICT ATTORNEY WAYCROSS JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
Email: tjump@ glynncounty-ga.gov
Ref: Glynn County, The Shooting death of Ahmaud Arbery , Feb 23rd, 2020
DearCaptain Jump:
MyofficereceivedtheArberyautopsyreport[dated4//2020yesterdayandhavereviewedit
yesterday and this morning. Wewere waiting on this important evidentiary article before finalizing our opinions .
However, since we were initially requested to handle the case the victim smotherhas clearly expressedshewantsmyselfandmyofficeoffthecase. Sheseesaconflictinthatmysonworks in the Brunswick District Attorney's Office where GregMcMichaelretired sometimeago. She
believes there are kinships between the parties [there are not andhasmade other unfounded allegationsofbias[es]. Assuch,Ibelieveitisbetterformyofficeto stepoutandam goingto recusemyself and the Assistants working forme from handling the case. I am contacting the
Georgia Attorney General Office and seeking their assistance in finding another District Attorney in the State to handle the further evaluation for prosecution this case. That is, to determine whether there is sufficient evidence on which to make a Grand Jury presentation or not
Given theGovernor' s current shelter in place order and JusticeMelton s Judicial Emergency Order; Icannotventureaguessastowhentheywillmoveonthisrequest,andonceanotheris found; when thatDistrict Attorney willhave the staffavailable to review this casefile. I hope
forallinvolved itwillmove alongasquickly aspossible.

After talking by telephone with you yesterday , I appreciate there is immediate pressure on your department as to the issue of Arrest” . Since I have already given you an initial opinion the day after the shooting, I feel I can still commenton this limited issue.
First
I am the current elected District Attorney for the Waycross Circuit, I have worked as a criminal prosecutor for some 36 years. As an Assistant District Attorney in Waycross and Brunswick , as
Chief Assistant in Waycross for 20 years and served as the District Attorney the last 5 years ; I have been actively involved in over 100murder cases and assisted other prosecutors with at least 100 more. I have no idea how many Aggravated Assault cases involving gunshots and wounds ofalltypes; Plus I have attended countless schools, classes and seminars on criminal prosecution and criminalacts and evidence. Myselfand one ofmy Senior Trial Attorneys have reviewed the evidence extensively and concur on allpoints.
Second
As to the case at hand: Itismy professional belief the autopsy confirmswhatwehad already viewed as shown in the video tape, with the photographs & from the witness statements taken immediately atthe scene. The autopsy supports the initial opinion we gave you on February 24th , 2020 at the briefing room in the Glynn County Police Department after reviewing the evidenceyouhadatthattime. Wedonotseegroundsforanarrestofanyofthethreeparties.
Third
Itappears Travis McMichael, Greg McMichael, and Bryan William were following, in
pursuit burglary suspec,t with solid first hand probable cause, in their neighborhood, and asking/ tellinghim to stop. Itappearstheir intentwasto stop andhold thiscriminalsuspectuntil law enforcement arrived. UnderGeorgia Law this is perfectly legal,
OCGA17-4-60 Aprivatepersonmayarrestanoffenderiftheoffense iscommittedinhispresenceorwithinhis immediate knowledge . If the offense is a felony and the offender is escaping or attempting to escape, a private person may arrest him upon reasonable and probable grounds of suspicion .”
Fourth
It clearly appears Travis McMichael and Greg McMichaelhad firearmsbeing carried in an open fashion . The investigation shows neither of them to be convicted felons or under felony supervision , they were in a motor vehicle owned by Travis McMichael. UnderGeorgia Law this is legalopen carry .
OCGA 16- 11- 126
) Anypersonwhoisnotprohibitedbylaw from possessingahandgunorlonggunmayhaveorcarryonhisorher personaweaponorlonggunon hisorherpropertyorinsidehisorherhome,motorvehicle, orplaceofbusiness withouta valid weaponscarry license.
(b) Anypersonwhoisnotprohibitedbylaw from possessingahandgunorlonggunmayhaveorcarryonhisorher person a long gun withouta valid weapons carry license, provided thatif the long gun is loaded, it shall only be
carried in an open and fully exposedmanner.”
2of3

Fifth
The video made by William Bryan clearly shows the shooting in realtime. From said video it
appears Ahmaud Arbery was running along the right side of the McMichael truck then abruptly turns 90 degrees to the left and attacks Travis McMichaelwho was standing at the front left corner ofthe truck . A brief skirmish ensues in which it appear Arbery strikes McMichael and appears to grab the shotgun andpull it from McMichael The shot is through Arbery s right hand palm which is consistent with him grabbing and pulling the shotgun at the barrel tip , the 2nd and 3rd wounds are consistentwith the struggle for the shotgun as depicted in the video , the angle of the 2nd shot with the rear of the buttstock being pushed away and down from the fight are also consistent with the upward angle of blood plume shown in the video and that McMichael
was attempting to push the gun away from Arbery while Arbery was pulling it toward himself.
The 3rd shot too appears to be in a struggle over the gun. The angle of the shots and the video show this was from the beginning or almost immediately became-- a fight over the shotgun .
Given the fact Arbery initiated the fight, at the point Arbery grabbed the shotgun, under Georgia Law , McMichael was allowed to use deadly force to protect himself.
Just as importantly, while we know McMichael had his finger on the trigger, we do notknow
who caused the firings. Arbery would only had to pull the shotgun approximately 1/ 16th to 1/8th of one inch to fire weapon himself and in the height of an altercation this is entirely
possible . Arbery s mentalhealth records & prior convictions help explain his apparent aggressive nature and his possible thought pattern to attack an armed man .
OCGA 16-3-21UseofForcein Defense, onceconfrontedwith adeadly force situationanindividualisallowedto use deadlyforcetodefendthemselvesorothers OCGA16-3-23.1Georgia'sNoDutytoRetreatLaw,anindividualis notrequired to back awayfrom or submitto an attack; OCGA 16-3-24 Theuseofforcewhich is intendedor
likelyto causedeath or greatbodily harm topreventtrespass on orothertortiousorcriminalinterferencewith real property other than a habitation or personal property is notjustified unless the person using such force reasonably
believes thatitisnecessary to preventthe commission ofa forcible felony.
OCGA16-3-24.2 Apersonproperlyandlegallydefendingthemselvesisimmunefrom prosecution
Fortheaboveandforegoingreasons, itisourconclusionthereisinsufficientprobablecauseto issue arrestwarrants at this time.
Asto anyfurtherissuesonwhethertopresentthistoaGlynnCountyGrandjury,thatwillhave to wait forthenextDistrictAttorney sreview . Please consider this an OPEN file untilthat
decision ismadeandrestrictthereleaseofanyinformationunderGeorgiaOpen Records Actrequests.
Sincerely
George E. Barnhill District Attorney Waycross Judicial Circuit
3of3

15 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Well you damn sure are hooked now. Be careful of Barry, PePe, and Bo. Malcom X said the biggest threat to the black man was the white liberal. Look it up. 

What's ur point? I don't care for liberal nor conservative politicians. One is closeted racist and the other is more open. Why ANYONE think politicians have their best interest in mind is beyind me but that's another thread.