Black man shot and killed in Georgia while jogging

ctown81

Just watched a report on nbc news showing a new video of the victim going into a house that was under construction minutes before a call was placed to 911 reporting a buglary.  I've just a couple of questions.

1). Did the victim have a record related to property crimes such as burglary before he was shot?

If the answer to question 1 is yes, then

2). Did the shooter and his accompliss know the victim and his record of other property crimes such as burglary?

Either way I'm not saying the shooting is justified,  but it could shed light on whether  or not this is a case of 2 white men targeting some random black guy,  as some on here are suggesting.

5 minutes ago, JETT said:

SAD

What's that?  That I want to know facts before jumping to conclusions?  If you read my whole post you'd seen where i stated that either way,  I'm not saying the shooting is justified.   I would just like to know if this man was truly an innocent victim targeted because of his skin color,  or that he was a known criminal in the community, and concerned citizens were trying to stop him from committing other crimes.  

1 minute ago, DAWG91 said:

What's that?  That I want to know facts before jumping to conclusions?  If you read my whole post you'd seen where i stated that either way,  I'm not saying the shooting is justified.   I would just like to know if this man was truly an innocent victim targeted because of his skin color,  or that he was a known criminal in the community, and concerned citizens were trying to stop him from committing other crimes.  

C'mon DAWG, you know they convict first then ask questions later.

11 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

C'mon DAWG, you know they convict first then ask questions later.

I know,  and in fairness,  i can understand the knee jerk reaction to an extent,  but justice cannot be carried out properly without knowing all the facts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAWG91 said:

since when do we as a citizen, keep an umarmed individual from committing other crimes by shooting them and killing them, recording it as well? Lock these baztards up for life

3 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Why do yall keep posting links everytime a black person disagrees with their own race or sides with trump? we are all entitled to opinions, i respect hers but that doesn't seal this case... what a joke some of you are

2 minutes ago, JETT said:

Funny how white ppl get excited and post links, videos and make a big deal when a black individual sides with them :rofl:

Funny how you only see black and white really. And she thoroughly discusses it. Very poignantly I might add. I like especially how she states a good case that something like this happens before every election. It was interesting is all. 
Also it’s easier to post links to Large amounts of information and not typing it all out. Not everything can be one of two lines.

20 minutes ago, JETT said:

since when do we as a citizen, keep an umarmed individual from committing other crimes by shooting them and killing them, recording it as well? Lock these baztards up for life

Since Ga lawmakers passed the law saying that citizens can attempt a citizens arrest if the suspect is caught committing a felony.  I've still not seen one way or the other whether the victim had a criminal record related to property crimes such as burglary. Have you not been paying any attention at all?  Or did you make your mind up immediately when you learned that the victim was black and those that were arrested are white?

21 minutes ago, BoHogg said:

What felony offense did Arbery commit or was caught committing?

All he could have been charged with is trespass of a building under construction.  I tried to look those laws up in Georgia, but couldn't find them on the internet.  I've seen the video now, and the only way I think the guys could possibly be found innocent is because he did so.  It's going  to come down to the jury and how they decide if they are innocent or guilty.   

18 minutes ago, BoHogg said:

What felony offense did Arbery commit or was caught committing?

That question has yet to be answered.  I've still not seen an answer to whether or not the victim has a criminal record related to burglary or other property crimes.

6 minutes ago, BoHogg said:

The Georgia trespass statute is there and a misdemeanor. It’s even questionable if this was a CT under Georgia law.

You ever stopped and looked in on a house under construction? Hell I have many times and didn’t get shot. 

could've been trying to ask a question or something, but they suspect burglary

1 hour ago, DAWG91 said:

Since Ga lawmakers passed the law saying that citizens can attempt a citizens arrest if the suspect is caught committing a felony.  I've still not seen one way or the other whether the victim had a criminal record related to property crimes such as burglary. Have you not been paying any attention at all?  Or did you make your mind up immediately when you learned that the victim was black and those that were arrested are white?

I'd line em both up and shotgun them as well 

11 minutes ago, BoHogg said:

The Georgia trespass statute is there and a misdemeanor. It’s even questionable if this was a CT under Georgia law.

You ever stopped and looked in on a house under construction? Hell I have many times and didn’t get shot. 

I used to as a kid, and we'd use boards that they left laying around to make ramps with the bricks that were there.  We would do that even when the construction workers were there. and they actually encouraged us.  I suppose they liked it when we would wipe out.  I haven't been in an home that was being built since except for relatives that were building their own homes.  

I've already stated what I would do to them, but many are calling for just jail time ?  

23 minutes ago, JETT said:

could've been trying to ask a question or something, but they suspect burglary

Since my last post I've learned the victim was convicted for stealing a tv from walmart in 2017.  He was also arrested and convicted in high school for bringing a gun to school.  One of the accused shooters is a former cop.  Might he had already known who the victim was given he already had convictions related to theft and firearms?  These are mitigating questions that need to be answered before we just "line em up and shotgun em as well."

22 minutes ago, BoHogg said:

Do you have a criminal convictions related to theft and bringing guns to school?  If so,  I'd be more careful if I were you.  

5 minutes ago, BoHogg said:

I have neither.  What do any priors have to do with gunning down an unarmed man who at the most may have committed a trespass?

Given his prior record,  is it not logical to assume he may be armed?  Especially if he was already known by the former cop.  That's really a crucial question here.  Was he and his criminal past known by the former cop?  If not,  they'll have no leg to stand on whatsoever.

46 minutes ago, BoHogg said:

The 911 recordings are very clear in that neither caller stated Arbery was armed or was suspected of being armed. The video clearly shows his hands are empty and there are no furtive gestures on his part so no, it is not "logical" to believe Arbery might be armed.  If the retired DA investigator knew Arbery then one could reasonably argue that he would have called out Arbery by his name or informed the 911 operator who Arbery was.

If what you say is true,  then it will come to light during the trial.

These punks took matters in to their own hands and I hope they rot in H3!!, @DAWG91 no matter what questions you keep asking yourself these rednecks decided to go out and do law enforcements job and kill the man, the intention was to kill or they wouldn't have had the gun out, you keep saying maybe the former cop knew he "may be armed" that would give me a reason to not approach the subject and just keep an eye on him til cops show up, instead they "suspected" he was armed and approached him with their gun and killed him (3) shots SMFH 

you kill, you shall be killed.... there was no self defense in this case it was plain murder.... i know ppl who have a background , i guess I should stop their crimes and committ manslaughter as some think this may be