Black man shot and killed in Georgia while jogging

ctown81

1 minute ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Also, are we still referring to Arbery as a jogger? I think that’s been debunked by now surely. 

That video does not show a burglary, could've been looking for someone or needed to ask the workers something "all speculation", there was a truck in the driveway surely he wasn't going to rob someone knowing their there...... pretty sure all this decades ago stuff their bringing up is to turn the case against him...

• Confused 1

43 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Also, are we still referring to Arbery as a jogger? I think that’s been debunked by now surely. 

He was definitely jogging. Didn't look like he was running from a crime scene. Did they ever find the stuff he allegedly stolen? I'm still not understanding the guns.

7 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

He was definitely jogging. Didn't look like he was running from a crime scene. Did they ever find the stuff he allegedly stolen? I'm still not understanding the guns.

Georgia is an Open Carry State... You aren’t Required to understand why they had guns. Just saying...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DAWG91 said:

It's just a mitigating factor,  that's all.  They're likely to be going to prison regardless.  I'm not arguing they shouldn't either,  just that I would like to know the facts before passing judgement, same as in any case.

I’ve been trying to do the same.  Unfortunately, all the media is saying is “They’re guilty”.   A guy on FB posted this video, which delves into the case.  I haven’t finished watching it all but it certainly contains more info than anything else Ive see or read.  If the information it contains is accurate, based on Ga Law, these two may walk.  Understand, I’m not condoning their actions.    As Detective Joe Friday used to say, “Just the facts sir”.

The truck in the driveway was in the neighbors Driveway not in the new construction home he went in.

he walked up to the house, stood in the yard and looked around before going in the garage and going around back. Then when I bystander is across the road calling the cops 4 min later, he runs out of the front door and down the street. It don’t take four min to see if someone is there for whatever reason. 

plus he’s wearing khaki shorts. Who goes for a run in khaki shorts? And why is the only time we saw him running is after he trespassed a property and cops were called?

also, in the shooting video the cameraman seems to zoom in on stuff in the road behind Arbery as he pulling up to the truck. You can’t quit make out what it was but there were def two things in the road. But that could be stuff he ditched that was taken from the construction site and why he so unwilling to stop for anyone.

Avery was 19 when he tried to take a gun into a high school basketball game that he wasn’t a student at. 6 years prior. That doesn’t mean any thing to this to me, but several have commented about his stuff “decades ago” had a theft charge after the weapons charge.

All things to look at. Still think the guys deserve jail time. Just pointing out stuff that is t getting answered or maybe is over looked. 
the search engines are really hiding the info btw.

17 minutes ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

My opinion is the victim was acting suspicious and paid a price for it. Perception only but not enough to punish. The media is wanting to create as much of division as they can. If we were in that delusional world we would all be on lockdown, getting approved from the government, Washington DC would be our form of worship, Justification for everyone and everything, anti God , anti America, anti Gun , pro choice (government approval) . Yeah  No thanks .I will move and not lie about it like some folks. 

SMFH

40 minutes ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

So due process only for lefties , right? 

we've seen alot of "righties" do lil time or get away with black murders..... if they don't get murder i can see alot of retaliation coming from angry ppl

10 minutes ago, JETT said:

we've seen alot of "righties" due lil time or get away with black murders..... if they don't get murder i can see alot of retaliation coming from angry ppl

You’ll see a lot of media play about angry people. Won’t be a lot in reality.

6 hours ago, Hagar said:

I’ve been trying to do the same.  Unfortunately, all the media is saying is “They’re guilty”.   A guy on FB posted this video, which delves into the case.  I haven’t finished watching it all but it certainly contains more info than anything else Ive see or read.  If the information it contains is accurate, based on Ga Law, these two may walk.  Understand, I’m not condoning their actions.    As Detective Joe Friday used to say, “Just the facts sir”.

Exactly what I have been saying; Let the facts come to light before rendering any judgements in this case. There is just too little factual evidence shown in this short video to come to any correct verdict. 

This case is being hyped to fan the  flames & stir up the community as a whole. Everyone needs to back up, catch their breath & Wait for the FACTS. This is a tragedy in any sense. It didn’t have to accelerate to deadly conduct, and it wouldn’t have ended with a man’s death. Bad choices were made here.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

So he goes in, takes a look around, and doesn't steal anything. People do that. They probably shouldn't, but people do that.

As far as the jogging portion of the video, based on that very short clip, you could say that was self-defense on his part. He saw a guy with a gun, and he was unarmed, so he was trying to disarm the guy the best way he knew how.

I don't know.

1 minute ago, Monte1076 said:

So he goes in, takes a look around, and doesn't steal anything. People do that. They probably shouldn't, but people do that.

As far as the jogging portion of the video, based on that very short clip, you could say that was self-defense on his part. He saw a guy with a gun, and he was unarmed, so he was trying to disarm the guy the best way he knew how.

I don't know.

You watch the video? Not his first time. The outside video shows him walking down the street to the house then going in and only starting “jogging” after he left the house.

8F64CE14-4AF8-4E9B-B696-9D032391AE60.png

3 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

You watch the video? Not his first time. The outside video shows him walking down the street to the house then going in and only starting “jogging” after he left the house.

8F64CE14-4AF8-4E9B-B696-9D032391AE60.png

That doesn't mean he stole anything.

I did watch the video above. I didn't see him take anything.

10 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

I don't know.

I also agree with this 

50 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

That doesn't mean he stole anything.

I did watch the video above. I didn't see him take anything.

So, if someone has no business walking into another person’s property, yet doesn’t “take anything” that is okay? No, it isn’t; That’s called “Trespassing” & is against the law.

Would it have been okay if the owner had been there & shot & killed him inside the house? Would this be Headline news then? It makes one wonder.

3 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

So, if someone has no business walking into another person’s property, yet doesn’t “take anything” that is okay? No, it isn’t; That’s called “Trespassing” & is against the law.

Not worthy of killing 

8 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Would it have been okay if the owner had been there & shot & killed him inside the house? Would this be Headline news then? It makes one wonder.

No, that doesn't make it okay. But the remedy is to call the local police or ask the person to leave the property. Not track them down and shoot them.

If the owner were there and felt they were in some sort of danger, we might be having a different discussion. But does that legally mean that you can technically shoot anyone who comes onto your property uninvited? Like people who leave business cards on your door? People doing fundraisers? That sort of thing? I mean, they are technically trespassing.

When our house was being built, we actually had to shoo away some lookie-loos. We were there to see what the builders had done, and to take a look around ourselves (since it was our house that was being built), and there were some people there with their dog. We asked them to leave, and they did.

1 minute ago, Monte1076 said:

No, that doesn't make it okay. But the remedy is to call the local police or ask the person to leave the property. Not track them down and shoot them.

When our house was being built, we actually had to shoo away some lookie-loos. We were there to see what the builders had done, and to take a look around ourselves (since it was our house that was being built), and there were some people there with their dog. We asked them to leave, and they did.

My example does not contain “tracking down & shooting” the person. I simply asked if the owner had been there & shot the trespasser, would people react the same?

It also shows that he’s been snooping around the area and with reports of stolen things and break ins in the neighborhood, people had a valid concern to ask him what he was doing trespassing there and to call the cops. 
Doesn’t mean it had to end that way and many things could have should have went different. And they should do time for how it went down.  It’s still not murder and it takes the narrative of two rednecks hunting black people and dismantled it.